What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Something @sweet_ermengarde posted once.
    So, my dogs are getting old 11, 12, 13 and their passing someday is on my mind a bit. I used to think about the scenario where they are dying or having to be euthanased in the vet surgery and how I would handle it.. I couldn't possibly watch, Id be a coward.
    She posted something long time ago, I can't remember where or what specifically the topic was but she said how scared they'd be and it really got to me...totally changed my way of thinking
    I love my dogs very much and I realise the last loving thing I could give them is to be there for them in their final moments. So, while it would be awful for me I would now be there patting, talking to and easing them as much as I could.

Thank you @sweet_ermengarde 🙂

You probably don't even remember the post it was long ago.. but it truly affected me

♥️ hopefully u got awhile longer with them
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Dear @sweet_ermengarde

Saw this and thought of you.

x6jme6cozm8m.jpg

this is awesome 😂♥️♥️♥️
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    CacoEther wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    Argh

Ok did this change for other people? Are we supposed to post gifs differently than photos now? This is what my mom must feel like all the time 😂
    Test 😅

bul7swvtf823.jpeg

just make an imgur account. then upload everything there first. if its a gif you should be able to copy paste the BBCode link from there directly into your response without having to mess with any of the "image upload" buttons here at all.

plus you can delete the original file from your imgur account later if you want, so it's not tied up here until the end of time.

You've just given me the gift of knowledge

For me its the gift of endless frustration

I hate sucking at computer stuff

I just spent thirty minutes trying to set up a page with email addy, passwords and security questions.

It kept asking me the same security questions over and over and over.

I finally changed my answers to:

Q: What was your first pet's name? A: Go *kitten* Yourself

Q: What is your favorite sports team? A: Go *kitten* Yourself

Q: In which city did your parents meet ? A: Go *kitten* Yourself

You’re gonna forget that you capitalized “yourself” and you’re gonna get pissed all over again next time you log in
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    So, my dogs are getting old 11, 12, 13 and their passing someday is on my mind a bit. I used to think about the scenario where they are dying or having to be euthanased in the vet surgery and how I would handle it.. I couldn't possibly watch, Id be a coward.
    She posted something long time ago, I can't remember where or what specifically the topic was but she said how scared they'd be and it really got to me...totally changed my way of thinking
    I love my dogs very much and I realise the last loving thing I could give them is to be there for them in their final moments. So, while it would be awful for me I would now be there patting, talking to and easing them as much as I could.

You probably don't even remember the post it was long ago.. but it truly affected me

Thank you, I hope so too. 🙂
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

Thank you, I hope so too. 🙂

also thank u for choosing to remember this post and not that one about the stripper or burned barbie or any of the other weird things i said on here ♥️

I've never seen anything posted that so profoundly and totally changed the way I thought about something.. it was a real awakening. Just goes to show that words aren't just words, they affect people. ❤

*goes looking for stripper and burned barbie posts* 🤣
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,013 Member
    Options
    Thirsty Thursday contribution 🔥

https://imgur.com/a/0jU92Rf

Oh yeah baby....

(Are you just posting as a pic? Oddly I can do it here fine but not on my wall)
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    I am neck deep in creating test scenarios based off visio diagrams (pseudo code).

You'd think if >then>else would be straight forward... but it isn't if the writer of the diagram didn't treat consider null values and treat them the same way. In one case, if both systems have a null value, the expectation is that it would travel down the happy path (A and B = true)... but in another case, their assumption is that the null value would travel down the unhappy path (A and B = false). And in other cases null wasn't even considered, (so A and B = ?)

I've only made it half way through page 1 of 6. I may be scarce for a while. lol

I don’t understand a thing you just said i am so attracted to you right now
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    I am neck deep in creating test scenarios based off visio diagrams (pseudo code).

You'd think if >then>else would be straight forward... but it isn't if the writer of the diagram didn't treat consider null values and treat them the same way. In one case, if both systems have a null value, the expectation is that it would travel down the happy path (A and B = true)... but in another case, their assumption is that the null value would travel down the unhappy path (A and B = false). And in other cases null wasn't even considered, (so A and B = ?)

I've only made it half way through page 1 of 6. I may be scarce for a while. lol

Ugh - I hated doing release testing and all things Visio and flow charts - my condolences to you my friend
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options

😍🤓😍
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

potato.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Haha you guys and gals crack me up! ❤️

I test software in the healthcare field for a living... So my life is full of 🤓 and more 🤓. I tend to focus on integration between systems, data migration and conversion, and end user interaction.

Noone in my family understands me. 😂

Though... There was one time where I compared a data migration via interface as building a bridge between two islands to my daughter...and all of a sudden we were able to talk about data load, data integrity and bandwidth pretty easily!

#geekout.

Ummmm.....i can walk on my hands.....thats about it. I dont think i would be able to hold a conversation with you dammit!
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,558 Member
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »

I test software in the healthcare field for a living... So my life is full of 🤓 and more 🤓. I tend to focus on integration between systems, data migration and conversion, and end user interaction.

Though... There was one time where I compared a data migration via interface as building a bridge between two islands to my daughter...and all of a sudden we were able to talk about data load, data integrity and bandwidth pretty easily!

#geekout.

Ummmm.....i can walk on my hands.....thats about it. I dont think i would be able to hold a conversation with you dammit!

Only time I can do that is if I'm up to my chest in water. Lol. You got me beat there! 😊
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options

#geekout.

Can you tell me how to defrost in my microwave?
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    somejaykid wrote: »
    just found out earlier that chicago will have a 30 day stay at home starting monday, as we all know that covid is climbing back up again in a alarming rate. here at my hospital icu and other floors is filling up with positive and pui patients and we are in code white for the past 3 days already. everybody is pretty worn out but what can you do, just keep on trucking. i'm hoping outpatient procedures will shutdown for a while until it calms down again. if your going for a test i hope it's not because it's your yearly check up, go here if it's an emergency if your not in pain it can wait, don't risk going into a hospital for a routine check up end of rant :#

Stay safe! I cannot imagine working in the healthcare field right now. :( Everybody there is worth their weight in gold.
    I know it makes me so angry when people are still living life as usual when this is all so different now. You've got the people who are sacrificing their all, sacrificing health, lives, family time, etc. Then you've got the others who don't seem to give a flying F*** what happens to others.
    How it must feel to people who are working inside it all. :(
  • tmantwo
    tmantwo Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

#geekout.

Similar but on the security side of things and primarily for pre-market devices companies are seeking FDA approval. But, legacy stuffs too. For a couple of clients.