What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    My anxiety level is already through the roof and I've barely been awake for an hour.

One of my favorites has been put on Hospice care, and the family has requested me to stay with him til the end.

Honored? Yes. Here's the thing - I get way too emotionally attached to my patients. They are an extension of my family, and I care for them as I'd care for my own. But...the impact of losing them hits me really hard.

Every day I walk into his home I fear that "today is the day."

Not today Mr. M, please not today 💔

Hugs 🤗 I understand this, that's the reason I left nursing (a few times actually)Now that I've been sick myself, I feel like I "feel" even more now and I decided I will not be going back. I'm too damn sensitive and seeing people hurting breaks my heart.

Someone has to do that job and I hope you know that people appreciate it ❤ it takes a very strong person to do that.

Thank you ❤️

Here's my thoughts - I would much rather see them getting care from a patient, compassionate person. There are a lot of people in the profession that lack the qualities to do a meaningful job.

Am I strong? I don't necessarily believe I am. I can be strong when I need to be, but I fall apart when I'm alone. Is it worth it? Absolutely!

My issues lately have been tied to triggering. This man in particular reminds me so much of my own Father. Losing him was the most painful experience in my life.

Absolutely 💯 and you're right about some people working in that profession who lack those qualities. I've been in hospitals more than I've been home in the last 2 years and I've seen all kinds. There are also some that I will never forget ❤ I'm sure you are one of those, love ya xox

7mbsd6ek9lxd.gif

Thank you.

Guess we should go on that walk now, huh?

❤ Yes, I just finished my coffee, getting dressed now.
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Breakfast burrito. With avocado.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    My anxiety level is already through the roof and I've barely been awake for an hour.

One of my favorites has been put on Hospice care, and the family has requested me to stay with him til the end.

Honored? Yes. Here's the thing - I get way too emotionally attached to my patients. They are an extension of my family, and I care for them as I'd care for my own. But...the impact of losing them hits me really hard.

Hugs 🤗 I understand this, that's the reason I left nursing (a few times actually)Now that I've been sick myself, I feel like I "feel" even more now and I decided I will not be going back. I'm too damn sensitive and seeing people hurting breaks my heart.

Someone has to do that job and I hope you know that people appreciate it ❤ it takes a very strong person to do that.

Thank you ❤️

Here's my thoughts - I would much rather see them getting care from a patient, compassionate person. There are a lot of people in the profession that lack the qualities to do a meaningful job.

Am I strong? I don't necessarily believe I am. I can be strong when I need to be, but I fall apart when I'm alone. Is it worth it? Absolutely!

My issues lately have been tied to triggering. This man in particular reminds me so much of my own Father. Losing him was the most painful experience in my life.

It's got to be a most difficult place to be. But there's got to be someone with them and compassion/caring is what a family needs during a time like this. :( It says something about you that you're their choice. And you're right about some Hospice workers don't have that gift. :( We met a couple; IMO they just don't belong in that profession because what they tell the families will always be remembered. People, like you, are worth their weight in gold. It can be a hard thing, putting their needs above your own through times like this. I wish you the best each and every day.
    {HUGS}
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    Options

Mmmmmm. Hungry
  • twitchandshout
    Options

Mmmmmm. Hungry

It was so good. 10/10 will have it again tomorrow
  • Hungrycatapilar
    Hungrycatapilar Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Boris has laid out a plan to lift all lockdown restrictions by July, everyone is making partying plans and I’m thinking nah too soon maybe if the death rate has dropped below 100 a day 🤔
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    wrote: »
    My oldest just landed the car in a ditch during his second driving lesson. No one hurt but I don’t know about the car yet. 😬

Oh wow glad no one was hurt
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    My oldest just landed the car in a ditch during his second driving lesson. No one hurt but I don’t know about the car yet. 😬

Oh no?! Well, that'll be a story he can tell his kids but right now, hope it doesn't discourage him, or his instructor.

I'm sorry :(

Car can be fixed ❤️ As long as he is safe!
    Thanks all. He did all the right things. Helped get the car out ( good neighbors with 4x4 and chains), drove most of the way home in my UNDAMAGED car, and got back in time for me to go to the gym. I am proud and so grateful.

Sounds like a kid who can keep their head in during stressful moments. You did good @twitchandshout and so did he 👌🏿
  • twitchandshout
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    wrote: »

Oh wow glad no one was hurt

Oh no?! Well, that'll be a story he can tell his kids but right now, hope it doesn't discourage him, or his instructor.

I'm sorry :(

Car can be fixed ❤️ As long as he is safe!
    Thanks all. He did all the right things. Helped get the car out ( good neighbors with 4x4 and chains), drove most of the way home in my UNDAMAGED car, and got back in time for me to go to the gym. I am proud and so grateful.

Sounds like a kid who can keep their head in during stressful moments. You did good @twitchandshout and so did he 👌🏿

Thank you 😊
  • Hungrycatapilar
    Hungrycatapilar Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Boris has laid out a plan to lift all lockdown restrictions by July, everyone is making partying plans and I’m thinking nah too soon maybe if the death rate has dropped below 100 a day 🤔

I think he's making a mistake sending the kids back in a couple weeks. But we'll see if it makes the numbers spike again

I agree it’s just crazy! We shall see
  • twitchandshout
    Options
    Me : I'm a little too much into my feelings this week. I'm going to wake up today, go for a walk, get back into my course after taking a 2 week break and I will NOT eat my feelings
    and I did that ❤
    ekol5udrnskg.jpg

Also me a few hours later.. I should be ashamed of myself
    but I'm not...😆😆😆6n81l5smvlaj.jpg

Tbh that breakfast looked pretty skimpy to me. Needs an egg. And a donut.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    What is it with donuts today?
    I must avoid them like the plague because I'd never stop, only to end up looking like the Michelin Man.
  • twitchandshout
    Options
    What is it with donuts today?
    I must avoid them like the plague because I'd never stop, only to end up looking like the Michelin Man.

donuts are delicious. Donuts are our friends.
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    Options

Thank you ❤️

@Kashmir_314_

You aren't alone in this. My wife is a nurse. She gives and gives, and mostly she's okay and copes very well, but the occasional patient comes along that really tugs on her emotionally. One time it was one that talked like her dad. Shortly before it was one that reminded visually of our son (long, unhappy story). Those happened within two weeks of each other - made for a very rough month, and with covid it's a daily occurrence to watch patients die, compounding an already challenging job. Couple that with some bad management (and it mostly is), and it's a wonder you all do this work and don't utterly break from it. Just know that I appreciate the sacrifices you make, and I know that it is a sacrifice. It's also okay when you need to be done, you aren't obligated to give forever until you break.
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Options
    Me : I'm a little too much into my feelings this week. I'm going to wake up today, go for a walk, get back into my course after taking a 2 week break and I will NOT eat my feelings
    and I did that ❤
    ekol5udrnskg.jpg

Tbh that breakfast looked pretty skimpy to me. Needs an egg. And a donut.

😂 I think I've made up for it. Wasn't a donut but it was satisfying 😋😇
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    and I did that ❤
    ekol5udrnskg.jpg

I hear ya...the struggle is real!

Also...I want a donut.

*hugs* the lockdown certainly doesn't help. While most people has had their lives on hold for close to 1 year now, it's been almost 2 for me because of my illness. Most days still bring me alot of joy but I do have my bad days like everyone else. That's what cookies are for 😆
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Options
    Did I really need to order that LED light faucet? If not, someone talk me out of it before they take my money.
  • twitchandshout
    Options
    Did I really need to order that LED light faucet? If not, someone talk me out of it before they take my money.
    YES
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    Blacklight LED for the win.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options

My parents have one. It’s silly but the kids love it. Plus I’m boring so you should just get it!
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Options
    YES

What about these? Tell me I need these 😆

ooqxxretsm3l.jpg