What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Can't believe nobody has any tips. I still have it btw πŸ˜†πŸ˜…

3 tips
    dccln12zsxpl.gif
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

I had hiccups 4x yesterday. I just guzzle water like crazy. If that doesn't work I hold my breath until 1 second before passing out. Downright annoying aren't they? :/
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    lx1x wrote: Β»

Brown bag?

3 tips
    dccln12zsxpl.gif
    ReenieHJ wrote: Β»

I had hiccups 4x yesterday. I just guzzle water like crazy. If that doesn't work I hold my breath until 1 second before passing out. Downright annoying aren't they? :/

swual719kb07.gif

I heard being scared works

Ok... going to try to put a brown bag over my head, get myself 3 tips, lay down and choke myself. Brb
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    lx1x wrote: Β»

Brown bag?

3 tips
    dccln12zsxpl.gif

swual719kb07.gif

I heard being scared works

Ok... going to try to put a brown bag over my head, get myself 3 tips, lay down and choke myself. Brb

πŸ˜‚

https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-get-rid-of-hiccups#treatment

Paper bags work for me.. or holding breath for few seconds
  • lx1x
    Options
    πŸ€πŸ˜‚
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,563 Member
    Options
    Getting stressed usually stop mine... Like the time I had them right up unt the second I had to do a big presentation... And then they stalled.

I've scared them out of my kids. (but made my one kid cry. Oops)

I've also heard that plugging your ears, nose, AND drinking water all at the same time fixes it. But may take a few tries and totally requires gif evidence.
  • lx1x
    Options

It's gone, I just held my breath until I almost passed out.
    I kind of liked it, worried about myself πŸ˜†

πŸ˜‚.. good it worked
  • Hungrycatapilar
    Hungrycatapilar Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've had the hiccups for at least 30 minutes, it's starting to drive me nuts, seriously. I need some tips, please help πŸ˜…πŸ˜‘

Swallow the banana whole.. no more hiccups I guarantee it 😜
  • Hungrycatapilar
    Hungrycatapilar Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My oldest just landed the car in a ditch during his second driving lesson. No one hurt but I don’t know about the car yet. 😬

Oh wow glad no one was hurt
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: Β»
    My oldest just landed the car in a ditch during his second driving lesson. No one hurt but I don’t know about the car yet. 😬

Omg! Glad he’s ok.

Thank you 😊. I hope your pants aren’t too uncomfortable
  • twitchandshout
    Options
    Thanks to the early risers I’ll be hearing this all day
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lS4RvFT4kaI
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Thanks to the early risers I’ll be hearing this all day
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lS4RvFT4kaI

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ you're welcome.

Now go enjoy a donut.
    or come here I'll give ya one
  • twitchandshout
    Options
    I can't remember the last time this happened but I slept for almost 10 hours last night and damn it feels good.

I love that feeling!
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    edited February 2021
    Options
    My anxiety level is already through the roof and I've barely been awake for an hour.

One of my favorites has been put on Hospice care, and the family has requested me to stay with him til the end.

Honored? Yes. Here's the thing - I get way too emotionally attached to my patients. They are an extension of my family, and I care for them as I'd care for my own. But...the impact of losing them hits me really hard.

Every day I walk into his home I fear that "today is the day."

Not today Mr. M, please not today πŸ’”

Hugs πŸ€— I understand this, that's the reason I left nursing (a few times actually)Now that I've been sick myself, I feel like I "feel" even more now and I decided I will not be going back. I'm too damn sensitive and seeing people hurting breaks my heart.

Someone has to do that job and I hope you know that people appreciate it ❀ it takes a very strong person to do that.
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    edited February 2021
    Options
    This, had me laughing this morning πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚
    fkfccw75zurz.jpg
  • lx1x
    Options
    This, had me laughing this morning πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚
    fkfccw75zurz.jpg

πŸ˜‚
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Options
    My anxiety level is already through the roof and I've barely been awake for an hour.

One of my favorites has been put on Hospice care, and the family has requested me to stay with him til the end.

Honored? Yes. Here's the thing - I get way too emotionally attached to my patients. They are an extension of my family, and I care for them as I'd care for my own. But...the impact of losing them hits me really hard.

Every day I walk into his home I fear that "today is the day."

Not today Mr. M, please not today πŸ’”

Hugs πŸ€— I understand this, that's the reason I left nursing (a few times actually)Now that I've been sick myself, I feel like I "feel" even more now and I decided I will not be going back. I'm too damn sensitive and seeing people hurting breaks my heart.

Someone has to do that job and I hope you know that people appreciate it ❀ it takes a very strong person to do that.

Thank you ❀️

Here's my thoughts - I would much rather see them getting care from a patient, compassionate person. There are a lot of people in the profession that lack the qualities to do a meaningful job.

Am I strong? I don't necessarily believe I am. I can be strong when I need to be, but I fall apart when I'm alone. Is it worth it? Absolutely!

My issues lately have been tied to triggering. This man in particular reminds me so much of my own Father. Losing him was the most painful experience in my life.

Absolutely πŸ’― and you're right about some people working in that profession who lack those qualities. I've been in hospitals more than I've been home in the last 2 years and I've seen all kinds. There are also some that I will never forget ❀ I'm sure you are one of those, love ya xox