What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,593 Member
    Options
    I have alot of things on my mind but the barcode scanner is not one of them.

I got 99 problems but barcode scanning ain’t one.

Probably because I don’t log my food intake.

I don't either since I've been maintaining. Sometimes I use it to check things. Also, my scanner is still working 😅
  • FeastRepeat
    FeastRepeat Posts: 1,113 Member
    Options
    I have alot of things on my mind but the barcode scanner is not one of them.

I got 99 problems but barcode scanning ain’t one.

Probably because I don’t log my food intake.

I don't either since I've been maintaining. Sometimes I use it to check things. Also, my scanner is still working 😅

*high five*
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,326 Member
    Options
    All this scanner tsk I had to look and couldn't find it...I don't log food here cause it wouldn't let me for awhile and logging food seems to throw me into disordered eating and it becomes a competition with myself for how little can I actually eat. So I'll remain far forever and just workout 🤣
  • FeastRepeat
    Options
    All this scanner tsk I had to look and couldn't find it...I don't log food here cause it wouldn't let me for awhile and logging food seems to throw me into disordered eating and it becomes a competition with myself for how little can I actually eat. So I'll remain far forever and just workout 🤣

I try to people from time to time that logging your food (on a long term basis) is, essentially, disordered (for most people). Funny that they don’t want to hear it on a food logging app. 😂
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

I try to people from time to time that logging your food (on a long term basis) is, essentially, disordered (for most people). Funny that they don’t want to hear it on a food logging app. 😂

Omg I've often mentioned this to people. It all is a breeding ground for disorders sadly but since it's seen as being healthy it's deemed ok. Whether it's obsessively tracking every mouthful, working out when you're on death's door because you cannot lose a streak...etc. I grew up in a world with my dr being concerned always I had an eating disorder, being subjected to weigh ins and the weight being charted on the wall for everyone to see, and working out injured or sick...as an adult I see how unhealthy this is and how easy it is to fall back to those ways

• Alinouveau2
    Options
    Just figured out I had been drinking the caffeinated coffee pods. Now wonder I was feeling the weird feelings again. Back on decaf....

(And please don't tell hubs he's getting decaf today)
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

I agree with both of you that long term tracking can lead to disordered eating for many people. I think for many people it’s like trying to choose the lesser evil. Luckily for me I am terrible at it, though from years of obsessing I also know the calories of almost everything I put in my mouth.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    Just figured out I had been drinking the caffeinated coffee pods. Now wonder I was feeling the weird feelings again. Back on decaf....

(And please don't tell hubs he's getting decaf today)

😂 This is something I would do
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I find it suddenly amusing that there are 420 calories in a cheesy bean and rice burrito from Taco Bell
  • FeastRepeat
    Options
    I find it suddenly amusing that there are 420 calories in a cheesy bean and rice burrito from Taco Bell

It’s probably 500 but Taco Bell out here trying to be funny… which I appreciate
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I always think a job is going to be bigger than it is and I’m always worried I’m doing it wrong.
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,593 Member
    Options
    I always think a job is going to be bigger than it is and I’m always worried I’m doing it wrong.

I'm the same way 😅
  • PeacefulBalance
    PeacefulBalance Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Honestly, how much I love my kids but HATE how my body changed. Just overall frustrated at the moment.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    what *isnt* on my mind tbh

i mean it’s kind of “which came first chicken/egg” thing tho bc sometimes its like everything we do contributes to disordered eating habits
  • FeastRepeat
    Options
    what *isnt* on my mind tbh

i mean it’s kind of “which came first chicken/egg” thing tho bc sometimes its like everything we do contributes to disordered eating habits

100%. There are layers and also there is a bit of chicken/egg thing as well. I just did not want to make a loooooong post peeling the layers like a responsible person.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    Four down, four to go
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited October 2022
    Options
    It's October 3rd.
    Did he ask you what day it is?

Just in case anyone misunderstand it’s a joke
  • cowsfan12