Replies

• FeastRepeat
    FeastRepeat Posts: 1,113 Member
    Options
    I don’t have spooky dreams any more

From childhood until just a few years ago I had terrible nightmares

Id dream I could only save one of my parents from hell

Id dream I was being stalked by demons

Id dream that everyone had been raptured and I was all alone in the world.

It’s so good to be free of that. Now, as long as I’m careful about caffeine, my sleep is restful

That is intense. I am so glad your sleep is restful now.

All my dreams have the same theme. I am trying to get somewhere, but I can't. We don't need Freud in here to break that one down.
    The worst is when the car will only go in reverse and you don’t remember how to drive

Or you get stuck in one of those buildings that feels almost like an adventure but also could take a scary turn at any moment and you keep going down the same hallway and you know you passed that bird before but when you ask him for directions he turns into your 10th grade boyfriend.

Are you Freddy Kreuger or Inception Leo? Get out of my dreams!
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

It’s so good to be free of that. Now, as long as I’m careful about caffeine, my sleep is restful

All my dreams have the same theme. I am trying to get somewhere, but I can't. We don't need Freud in here to break that one down.

I think where dreams come from is like, the one thing Freud was right about
    I won like second place or something in the seventh grade science fair for my project on sleep and dreams. Can I interest you in some Alfred Maury?

You absolutely can
    Well, if I’m remembering correctly and it is possible that I’m not, he believed that dreams happened instantaneously. So what might feel like an hour long expedition actually happens in an instant. I don’t believe that personally but I’m pretty sure that’s what he said. I think he might also be the guy who said that dreams are the result of external stimuli and Did not have any deep psychological meaning. I’m not sure I believe that either

• TwitchyMagee
    Options

The worst is when the car will only go in reverse and you don’t remember how to drive

Or you get stuck in one of those buildings that feels almost like an adventure but also could take a scary turn at any moment and you keep going down the same hallway and you know you passed that bird before but when you ask him for directions he turns into your 10th grade boyfriend.

Are you Freddy Kreuger or Inception Leo? Get out of my dreams!

There’s a photo around here somewhere. I’ll try to find it
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited September 2022
    Options

I won like second place or something in the seventh grade science fair for my project on sleep and dreams. Can I interest you in some Alfred Maury?

You absolutely can
    Well, if I’m remembering correctly and it is possible that I’m not, he believed that dreams happened instantaneously. So I might feel like an hour long expedition actually happens in an instant. I don’t believe that personally but I’m pretty sure that’s what he said. I think he might also be the guy who said that dreams are the result of external stimuli and Did not have any deep psychological meaning. I’m not sure I believe that either

I'm not sure if he's the first but he did say they were based off of external stimuli and that is definitely something that makes up where our dreams come from.

I think I agree that they don't have a deep psychological meaning most of the time. Obviously you can dream of things that might be stressing you out or were traumatic for you, but there is no way that the dream I had in grade 2 where my friends Stephanie and David were getting married was something of deep, internal importance to me.

eta: but I do know that some people place a lot of importance on dreams, so I understand why
    someone would have the belief that they do
    mean something - I just personally think that a lot
    of my dreams are nonsense, so I don't think
    holding that meaning for them applies to
    me
    My personal feeling about dreams is that even though a lot of them are nothing, sometimes important things do come up in them though they can only be accurately interpreted by the dreamer even if there are some common symbols that happened in particular cultures.

For example, I sometimes dream in visual metaphors. So if I dream of a guy whose butt hole has a mouth, in my waking life I might interpret that to mean that particular person talks out of his *kitten*.

In other words they can bring to my conscious thought things that have been simmering below the surface in my mind
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,060 Member
    Options
    this place is highways and skyscrapers and industry and aggression and vocal fry and idk why i live here

Same thought daily.

Same - my plan is to move to Wyoming within the next 5-7 years ish - hopefully I can make it happen
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

You absolutely can
    Well, if I’m remembering correctly and it is possible that I’m not, he believed that dreams happened instantaneously. So I might feel like an hour long expedition actually happens in an instant. I don’t believe that personally but I’m pretty sure that’s what he said. I think he might also be the guy who said that dreams are the result of external stimuli and Did not have any deep psychological meaning. I’m not sure I believe that either

I'm not sure if he's the first but he did say they were based off of external stimuli and that is definitely something that makes up where our dreams come from.

I think I agree that they don't have a deep psychological meaning most of the time. Obviously you can dream of things that might be stressing you out or were traumatic for you, but there is no way that the dream I had in grade 2 where my friends Stephanie and David were getting married was something of deep, internal importance to me.

eta: but I do know that some people place a lot of importance on dreams, so I understand why
    me
    My personal feeling about dreams is that even though a lot of them are nothing, sometimes important things do come up in them though they can only be accurately interpreted by the dreamer even if there are some common symbols that happened in particular cultures.

For example, I sometimes dream in visual metaphors. So if I dream of a guy whose butt hole has a mouth, in my waking life I might interpret that to mean that particular person talks out of his *kitten*.

In other words they can bring to my conscious thought things that have been simmering and below the surface in my mind

Because of this visual I worry that this is what I'll dream of tonight 😂

And I get what you're saying. I know dreams can
    also be subconscious thoughts that your mind is sifting through while you sleep, so if you're someone that remembers those dreams then it seems more likely that you could decipher what exactly you were thinking of while you were dreaming.
    😂 The mind is a strange place. Some stranger than others
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

You absolutely can

me

In other words they can bring to my conscious thought things that have been simmering and below the surface in my mind

Because of this visual I worry that this is what I'll dream of tonight 😂

And I get what you're saying. I know dreams can
    also be subconscious thoughts that your mind is sifting through while you sleep, so if you're someone that remembers those dreams then it seems more likely that you could decipher what exactly you were thinking of while you were dreaming.
    😂 The mind is a strange place. Some stranger than others
    I had a dream once that instead of MFP being an
    internet forum it was a legitimate gym that we all went to.

Just the craziest gym I've ever seen in my life - no one was working out, it was like I was at a swingers convention

apt
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    Innocent until proven guilty
  • FeastRepeat
    Options

I knew it 😂
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options

What'd you do?
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

I knew it 😂
    glassyo wrote: »

What'd you do?

I’m just waiting for someone to reveal themselves I think. I got an itching in my gut
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

I knew it 😂
    You Like my profile pic?😁
  • nonchalantxo
    nonchalantxo Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Paradise.. clearwater Beach ⛱️
    I loveee youuuuu 🌞
  • FeastRepeat
    Options

I knew it 😂
    You Like my profile pic?😁

😍😍😍
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited September 2022
    Options
    My children are “too old” for trick or treating so I want to make a Halloween trail in our woods. I’m picturing lit up masks and spooky lighting and signs that are hand-painted with stops along the way where they can collect candy. I’m not planning on spending a lot of money on this. Ideas?

Eta: also trick-or-treating in rural areas can be kind of funky
  • FeastRepeat
    Options
    We are all basically 8 years old. Sure. Why not?
    Also, I’m leaving this planet ASAP.

kn20d7gyr80e.jpeg
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

kn20d7gyr80e.jpeg

I know some adults who are going to be very happy with this
  • FeastRepeat
    Options
    My children are “too old” for trick or treating so I want to make a Halloween trail in our woods. I’m picturing lit up masks and spooky lighting and signs that are hand-painted with stops along the way where they can collect candy. I’m not planning on spending a lot of money on this. Ideas?

Eta: also trick-or-treating in rural areas can be kind of funky

I love this idea so much. I will have a think or a Google on it for inspiration.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    freud’s mom was probably super hot
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options

kn20d7gyr80e.jpeg

kn20d7gyr80e.jpeg

I know some adults who are going to be very happy with this

they are doing boo buckets this month and i am HYPED