Options
    sammiches
  • SundryCoder
    SundryCoder Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    pdz04i12d6ga.jpeg

$10,000. Self sustaining house,
    very cool.
    He, his wife and son have been living in one for a while.

it will not work here. Too cheap.
    When I was trying to find someone to reinstall my kitchen after all the work several places told me up front, "If you are not going to spend at least $150k on your kitchen, hang up now you cannot afford us."
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,559 Member
    Options
    pdz04i12d6ga.jpeg

$10,000. Self sustaining house,
    very cool.
    He, his wife and son have been living in one for a while.

it will not work here. Too cheap.
    When I was trying to find someone to reinstall my kitchen after all the work several places told me up front, "If you are not going to spend at least $150k on your kitchen, hang up now you cannot afford us."

Well that’s an irritating attitude! 🤨

I think the idea behind the $10,000. house is for the homeless, basically.
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    How so many generations have no idea what it's like to fall asleep on the phone with their bf/gf. Falling asleep while texting probably doesn't hit the same
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    How so many generations have no idea what it's like to fall asleep on the phone with their bf/gf. Falling asleep while texting probably doesn't hit the same
    Now I feel like I missed a milestone
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    So Adam Rich died and there's a pic of him on yahoo and, uh, there's a resemblance to Kyle Rittenhouse.

Also, my feet are wet from going to get my afternoon diet coke in the rain and I forgot my credit card but they're cool since I'm there practically every day anyway and I was so desperate for food I ate an apple leftover from our christmas gifts from clients.

At least the See's candy is gone!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options

I was just reading this thread on Quora on how the young'ins don't know what a rotary phone is or how to wind a watch or anything else us seasoned adults grew up with. :)
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

I was just reading this thread on Quora on how the young'ins don't know what a rotary phone is or how to wind a watch or anything else us seasoned adults grew up with. :)

My daughter breaks out in a sweat thinking about speaking with someone on the phone.

• Peachesnstuff
    Options
    @honey_honey_12

Happy belated Birthday! ♥️🎉
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    Today I saw an ad for a job that would be perfect for my boss.
  • SundryCoder
    SundryCoder Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

I was just reading a thread where the young'ins were asking how did we burn data to a CD/DVD in the "old days"
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I’m ready to do old lady *kitten* and make friends with similar interests and energy so I went looking for a book club in my area but the only things I could find were thinly veiled religious meetings. Why do people have to have ulterior motives? Sneaky sneaky sneaky
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    My butt...it hurts from falling at skating today.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Hoping the 103 year old man the ambulance was at my mom's residence for us ok
  • break_down
    break_down Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I’ve been having feelings of anxiety & sadness since last night. There are things to be anxious and sad about but usually I take them in stride. I’m trying to remind myself that this mood is temporary even if the things I’m currently ruminating on are real. My perspective is a little off right now. Just a blip on the radar. Probably fluctuation in hormones or something like that

So much empathy and all the hugs. I know this duo (anxiety & sadness) all too well. I hope they move on down the road soon. I appreciate you sharing this.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    break_down wrote: »
    I’ve been having feelings of anxiety & sadness since last night. There are things to be anxious and sad about but usually I take them in stride. I’m trying to remind myself that this mood is temporary even if the things I’m currently ruminating on are real. My perspective is a little off right now. Just a blip on the radar. Probably fluctuation in hormones or something like that

So much empathy and all the hugs. I know this duo (anxiety & sadness) all too well. I hope they move on down the road soon. I appreciate you sharing this.
    Thank you. It’s good to not be alone
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options

There's a cup of tea waiting for you at my house. And a hug ❤️

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,813 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

There's a cup of tea waiting for you at my house. And a hug ❤️
    It would be hot chocolate or coffee at my house, but also a hug 🖤