What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,203 Member
    Options
    Oh not to mention the USB port that plugs my android auto in broke today so tomorrow I guess will be getting that repaired
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    sa13iyhmcmzy.jpg
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Going to check out a Realtors office today and don't know what to wear. Ugh
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Crisp black or navy slacks, button up shirt, minimal jewelry, no perfume
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    When my old boss left the job it took a couple of months for his office to stop smelling like farts
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Just explained to my 18-year-old how to pay for gas with cash. Next week, churning butter

I had to explain to my 23-year-old that the city doesn't provide hot water to houses, so if there's no hot water at his father's, it's probably because he didn't pay the gas bill.

In line with churning butter: next week, thrashing wheat (which I better google.....). :D
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    empresssue wrote: »
    Just explained to my 18-year-old how to pay for gas with cash. Next week, churning butter

I had to explain to my 23-year-old that the city doesn't provide hot water to houses, so if there's no hot water at his father's, it's probably because he didn't pay the gas bill.

In line with churning butter: next week, thrashing wheat (which I better google.....). :D

oof that’s a hard one
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,767 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I didn't realize until it was almost time to board my plane that there was ice cream in the Delta Club. I didn't want to gobble it down and get brain freeze...
    bqdx6un8d0wa.jpg Problem solved... ☕ 🍦
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I told my sister I would take a road trip with her down to the city over the summer but it wasn’t until later that I remembered things like street parking and bridges & traffic. I haven’t been back since I moved away 11 years ago & I don’t know if my nerves can take it.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Crisp black or navy slacks, button up shirt, minimal jewelry, no perfume

I chose navy slacks. They fit again.
    And I'm a never perfume person. Makes me sneeze and break out in a rash
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    I told my sister I would take a road trip with her down to the city over the summer but it wasn’t until later that I remembered things like street parking and bridges & traffic. I haven’t been back since I moved away 11 years ago & I don’t know if my nerves can take it.

Coming from someone who was street parking at home until just last October....street parking sucks
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Skating today
    Next time don't try to keep up with the 17 year old competitive skater. Then when you're helping the 25 year old don't go all out showing him choreography
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited February 2023
    Options

Coming from someone who was street parking at home until just last October....street parking sucks

I have not had to parallel park in 11 freaking years. I think I did it once just to show off that I still could but it wasn’t that tight
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

I have not had to parallel park in 11 freaking years. I think I did it once just to show off that I still could but it wasn’t that tight

We are still in the city so still need to park on streets but with the snow I lost all sense of finding spots in the snow 🤣 winter street parking sucks the most
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

We are still in the city so still need to park on streets but with the snow I lost all sense of finding spots in the snow 🤣 winter street parking sucks the most
    It really does! Giant piles of snow on the curb. I even got plowed in once right in my parking spot
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Things I do to stay within my calorie limit.

Weigh every morning as soon as I get up. (Works for me)

Measure out 64 ounces of water when I get up and set it in a common place to remind me to drink it.

Try to exercise before consuming any food.

Set specific times to eat or snack.

Plan my meals and enter them in my MFP diary in the morning. This helps me stay within my limits. Quite often I can delete some entries I did not consume before I go to bed.

When I am asked to meet a friend for lunch I ask if perhaps we could meet earlier in the day for coffee. I do not have the control yet when it comes to make healthy choices eating out.

Plan my day out in the morning to keep distracted from eating.

Stroll through the discussion groups to see if I can find any resources for support.

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,767 Member
    Options
    @SundryCoder, how's your kitchen coming along?
  • SundryCoder
    SundryCoder Posts: 468 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    @SundryCoder, how's your kitchen coming along?

The floor will be leveled this weekend so that a new floor can be installed.
    The new kitchen should be installed by the first week in April.

(ETA: Thanks for asking)
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    I’ve been seeing an advertisement for the show shining vale and I can’t wrap my mind around someone being mad that they have a great spouse. I’ve seen this sort of thing here and there so I guess it happens in real life???? Only thing I can think of is the one partner must be such a pos and unstable that they don’t feel like it’s fair somehow that the other partner is always acting stable and like they care????????? Seems like very misplaced anger that should be directed at themselves but would rather blame someone else.
    Also, that show is apparently about ghosts/demons so take from that what you will. 😅
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I know what to do with potted plants and I know what to do with cut flowers but what the hell am I supposed to do with a supermarket orchid? I really did not want a new hobby or fussy thing to take care of. I think I’m gonna trash it when it stops blooming. It’s giving me stress