What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    A good diner breakfast that apparently can’t be done where I live: crispy corned beef hash, rye toast that’s still hot with plenty of butter, eggs over easy and the whites completely cooked, home fries with a lot of onions, a clear yellow plastic tumbler with orange juice, and an attentive server that doesn’t tell me their name

eta: and cream or milk for my coffee that’s poured from a little metal pitcher instead of having to open 15 tiny plastic cups

pps: A bagel that I don’t have to cream cheese myself

AND: I miss walking into a place that understands what regular or light and sweet means. I’m paying for the damn coffee why do I have to dress it myself and then tip on top of that? These *kitten* places need to pay their employees a living wage and stop depending on the customer to do it
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,341 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    We're getting 6-10" of snow between right now and early morning. I wonder what my drive home from the airport will be like tomorrow night?
    x9vmcunhpuls.jpg

Hope you got home safely

We got quite a dumping of snow last night. Thank goodness we don't have to be anywhere today since it's heavy, wet snow.
    9q632ensl01o.jpg
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited March 2023
    Options
    What’s it mean when the quirky kid in Dollar General compliments your outfit?
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,341 Member
    Options
    2 hours of shovelling. Everything hurts but we got dug out and the neighbour dug out too since she's all alone and has to get her husband at the airport today.
  • gonbskinny
    gonbskinny Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thinking about how to get motivated and committed again...
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,161 Member
    Options
    zy10yzo2qjv9.jpeg
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    54ttu9id5b97.jpeg
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I tried to make a to-do list to organize my brain for work and it took me like 20 minutes because I kept getting distracted. There’s something ironic in that…
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I tried to make a to-do list to organize my brain for work and it took me like 20 minutes because I kept getting distracted. There’s something ironic in that…
    The 20 minutes I spend on my to do lists are the most productive
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited March 2023
    Options
    How liver and onions was a really common supper when I was a kid. I can still remember that texture
  • grmabea63
    grmabea63 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    How liver and onions was a really common supper when I was a kid. I can still remember that texture

I'm one of the few people who like the stuff. My Grandmother would bread it with cracker crumbs (Old Fashioned Panko Crumb sub. for an Old Depression Era Lady) Last time I ate it, I cried. Stupid Memories.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I am not watching any more grainy videos of Bigfoot or the ghost in your kids baby monitor.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    grmabea63 wrote: »

I'm one of the few people who like the stuff. My Grandmother would bread it with cracker crumbs (Old Fashioned Panko Crumb sub. for an Old Depression Era Lady) Last time I ate it, I cried. Stupid Memories.

There are a whole bunch of things like that and I wonder if I would like them as an adult. Liver and onions, liverwurst, licorice candy… I’m drawing a blank but I know there are others
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,653 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever had real liver but I've had chopped (honestly, no idea if it's the same thing only....chopped :))

I remember saying I don't like brussel sprouts and beets when I was young but don't remember actually having tried them. I finally tried both. Brussel sprouts from the Whole Foods hot bar pre-covid and I actually like them. Beets from the Gelson's salad bar and...not so much. Beets are icky. Boo on beets!
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    Chicken paws
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Chicken paws

I think I have a chicken paw sensitivity
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,370 Member