What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    My boy is having a hard time choosing between 2 very different schools.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,821 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Provided breakfast is only available for 13 more minutes and I'm still seeing my hair
    😑
    ... DRYING my hair... 🤦‍♀️
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    Provided breakfast is only available for 13 more minutes and I'm still seeing my hair
    😑

I was confused and decided to refrain from comment. That’s a big deal for me so thank you for the opportunity
  • _Redux
    _Redux Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Everyone jokes that our paramedic/emt uniforms make us look like Park Rangers but jokes on you cause I’m actually considering becoming one in the future when I get burnout.

Patient: "Hey, you look like a park ranger"
    You: "Give him 1000 volts on the defibrillator, now!"
    Patient: "But I have a broken leg!"
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,821 Member
    Options
    😑

I was confused and decided to refrain from comment. That’s a big deal for me so thank you for the opportunity
    You're welcome
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I am all peopled out. I wish I could just blink and be home
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    _Redux wrote: »
    Everyone jokes that our paramedic/emt uniforms make us look like Park Rangers but jokes on you cause I’m actually considering becoming one in the future when I get burnout.

Patient: "Hey, you look like a park ranger"
    You: "Give him 1000 volts on the defibrillator, now!"
    Patient: "But I have a broken leg!"

"Oh, okay... here's some Special-K, not just for animals.."
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,564 Member
    Options
    j8ljkl6ljeii.gif

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,213 Member
    Options
    My website. Man there's so much admin for this new career.
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I was NOT selected for jury duty because the defendant decided to plea after getting a look at the jury pool. So turning up for 45 minutes has fulfilled my civic duty 😂
  • Becky_p1972
    Becky_p1972 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Can we just talk about the guys who get into your messenger... Hi Im (fill in the blank) you look so fit and pretty, Im a widow with kids in the army (insert military) stationed overseas. Am I the only one who gets these jokers? lol
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    My 3 year old cancer patient i drove today and his mom. I can't imagine having to go through that. The stuff she was telling me about his treatments and reactions to it poor little guy. Luckily I had some Paw Patrol toys I had leftover from Christmas gifts which seemed to make him really happy when I dropped him off. Even made him put down his Peppa Pig video!
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,564 Member
    Options
    Don’t judge me,
    you don’t even know me.
    You don’t know my life and you certainly know nothing about how hard I’ve worked.
    I earned my retirement.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    It's braces day for my boy. Hopefully it all goes smoothly
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,855 Member
    Options
    Can we just talk about the guys who get into your messenger... Hi Im (fill in the blank) you look so fit and pretty, Im a widow with kids in the army (insert military) stationed overseas. Am I the only one who gets these jokers? lol

OMG like ALL THE TIME!
    SO annoying and creepy. I'm like....BLOCK.
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options

OMG like ALL THE TIME!
    SO annoying and creepy. I'm like....BLOCK.

Really? I don't get them but I also don't add random strangers anymore. I only add people I've seen around here or have interacted with and I observe what kind of comments they leave on mutual friends updates or in the forums if they are active there...that's how I make my decision to accept their request and it scraps 90% of the creeps that target woman that way.
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    Options
    I have 3 months to think about what I want to do with my future. I thought about starting a business but I think im leaning towards going back to school and working part time. I've been a full time mom for 19 years now and my youngest starts school full time in August. Definitely time to start making a decision.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    I have 3 months to think about what I want to do with my future. I thought about starting a business but I think im leaning towards going back to school and working part time. I've been a full time mom for 19 years now and my youngest starts school full time in August. Definitely time to start making a decision.

Oooh how exciting. What are you thinking of doing for your new job?
    As someone who has just done this I'm totally cheering you on. It's scary getting back into the workforce after being a mom as your job. Although I'm glad I got to be a full time mom. But man it's weird
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    Options

Oooh how exciting. What are you thinking of doing for your new job?
    As someone who has just done this I'm totally cheering you on. It's scary getting back into the workforce after being a mom as your job. Although I'm glad I got to be a full time mom. But man it's weird

I'm terrified but I'm ready to explore my possibilities and to expand my personal growth. I thought about working at my kids school part time as they are always looking for help and the hours work with their schedule. I obviously need something that will work around their school hours as I'm the primary caretaker for them. I have been offered a remote job full time for an insurance company but I'm not sure about that one yet. I hate talking on the phone and that's all I'll be doing. I did send in my resume and they will keep it on file in case I change my mind.