What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,566 Member
    Options
    If a person poaches a photo off another persons feed and uses it as a conversation point in order to flirt,
    they need to look further away for that photo.
    JS
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    28yrs ago, at 9:01am the Federal building downtown exploded, killing 168 people, many of them children in a daycare.
    God Bless them all and the responders who gave their all to save who they could.
    I didn’t realize it was so long ago. Thank you for remembering
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    It’s been an eventful few days in my world. I went on two “dates” if you can call them that over my days off. Had an eye opening phone conversation with mr. Well to do about manifestation that I am taking to heart, yesterday. Today I’m partnered with my work crush so that should be interesting. Even my bootycall contacted me today but I’m really over his trying to get my flight benefits antics and with my new mantra of deserving better imma block him.
    To elaborate on the dates the first did meet me at a bar but they close early on a Monday so we got cookout and watched anime at his place. Nothing happened but a hug which is what I wanted and I’m glad that he wasn’t too pushy. I mean he tried to make some moves but respected my space.
    The second one was with a guy I went on a lunch date with a week or two ago and this date didn’t turn out to be a date. He’s the one who invited me to go on a motorcycle ride with him but when I got there I hopped on and he just took me back to his storage unit…. He set out a fold up camping chair for me to sit where he then went on about how he quit his job. Then I noticed little red bugs crawling all over me and sprung up out the chair to wipe them off. He comes over to “help”…he really was just feeling me up. He smelled like dirty scalp. I had mentioned earlier that I was hungry so at this point he told me I could go get food for myself and come back. He tried to kiss me at my car and I gave him a firm, “I don’t want to.”..I did not come back. I also blocked him. I guess he’s online looking for women to live with. Sheesh 🙄

The phone call with the affluent guy went well. We talked about how I talk about myself in a negative way and in doing that, I’m manifesting bad outcomes and that made a lot of sense to me. I’m applying more positivity in my life and the way I treat and think about myself.

Today with cute coworker hasn’t really happened yet, we have some time before our first flight and that’s why I’m in here. I’m (he walked in and the other team did our section so we had to scramble to set up for the other section they didn’t do. 😑)he’s doing all the hard work which is a gentleman thing to do. I’m going to try to not be weird but that’s kind of who I am as a person. 😬 He’s talked to me enough to know that though so I shouldn’t worry about it! 😅
    <elaborating
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    It’s been an eventful few days in my world. I went on two “dates” if you can call them that over my days off. Had an eye opening phone conversation with mr. Well to do about manifestation that I am taking to heart, yesterday. Today I’m partnered with my work crush so that should be interesting. Even my bootycall contacted me today but I’m really over his trying to get my flight benefits antics and with my new mantra of deserving better imma block him.
    To elaborate on the dates the first did meet me at a bar but they close early on a Monday so we got cookout and watched anime at his place. Nothing happened but a hug which is what I wanted and I’m glad that he wasn’t too pushy. I mean he tried to make some moves but respected my space.
    The second one was with a guy I went on a lunch date with a week or two ago and this date didn’t turn out to be a date. He’s the one who invited me to go on a motorcycle ride with him but when I got there I hopped on and he just took me back to his storage unit…. He set out a fold up camping chair for me to sit where he then went on about how he quit his job. Then I noticed little red bugs crawling all over me and sprung up out the chair to wipe them off. He comes over to “help”…he really was just feeling me up. He smelled like dirty scalp. I had mentioned earlier that I was hungry so at this point he told me I could go get food for myself and come back. He tried to kiss me at my car and I gave him a firm, “I don’t want to.”..I did not come back. I also blocked him. I guess he’s online looking for women to live with. Sheesh 🙄

The phone call with the affluent guy went well. We talked about how I talk about myself in a negative way and in doing that, I’m manifesting bad outcomes and that made a lot of sense to me. I’m applying more positivity in my life and the way I treat and think about myself.

Today with cute coworker hasn’t really happened yet, we have some time before our first flight and that’s why I’m in here. I’m (he walked in and the other team did our section so we had to scramble to set up for the other section they didn’t do. 😑)he’s doing all the hard work which is a gentleman thing to do. I’m going to try to not be weird but that’s kind of who I am as a person. 😬
    He’s talked to me enough to know that though so
    I shouldn’t worry about it! 😅
    <elaborating

Omg. This is even better (worse) than tales from tinder that @_Redux gives us

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,213 Member
    Options
    I have 3 months to think about what I want to do with my future. I thought about starting a business but I think im leaning towards going back to school and working part time. I've been a full time mom for 19 years now and my youngest starts school full time in August. Definitely time to start making a decision.

Oooh how exciting. What are you thinking of doing for your new job?
    As someone who has just done this I'm totally cheering you on. It's scary getting back into the workforce after being a mom as your job. Although I'm glad I got to be a full time mom. But man it's weird

I'm terrified but I'm ready to explore my possibilities and to expand my personal growth. I thought about working at my kids school part time as they are always looking for help and the hours work with their schedule. I obviously need something that will work around their school hours as I'm the primary caretaker for them. I have been offered a remote job full time for an insurance company but I'm not sure about that one yet. I hate talking on the phone and that's all I'll be doing. I did send in my resume and they will keep it on file in case I change my mind.

Sounds like you have some good ideas. Working at your kids school would be awesome. The trouble is fitting a job into your already existing life. I found that. Most jobs I knew show to do are 9 to 5. Kind of hard to take the boy to school and pick him up.

I hope you find something you enjoy
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I just watched a clip of a video of an English woman in 1977 who was 107 or 108 at the time of the recording. She had a kind of posh accent but what I found very interesting is that she trilled or rolled her Rs. Is that still common among certain British English speakers? If so, I have never noticed it before
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    All the things my dad and grandma missed these past few years. It’s probably not healthy to be jealous of dead people but here we are.
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited April 2023
    Options
    It *kitten* blows my mind that the things I was taught in grammar school were good things and progress for society are going away. Hip hip hooray let’s bring back the child chimney sweeps & coal miners. Let’s have lots & lots of impoverished babies to feed the wars and keep up a supply of underpaid “essential” workers so the billionaires never have to wipe their own *kitten*
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,031 Member
    Options
    My body is 100% NOT used to waking up at 3:00am again yet🥱😴💤
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Weakling

(for people who aren’t you and don’t know that you are my warrior princess: I’m joking.)
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    A door which is ajar is the most difficult thing I’ve ever drawn
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    All the things my dad and grandma missed these past few years. It’s probably not healthy to be jealous of dead people but here we are.

I really miss the days when I was apoliticol and ignorant of what was happening in the world.

I blame twitter!
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

I really miss the days when I was apoliticol and ignorant of what was happening in the world.

I blame twitter!
    I miss the luxury of apathy.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    a rapid unscheduled disassembling
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options

I blame twitter!

1mqfsfevyrn3.jpg
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,031 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Weakling

(for people who aren’t you and don’t know that you are my warrior princess: I’m joking.)

😂

Sorry for the delay….I was napping

kwk7a49y5p02.gif
  • _Redux
    _Redux Posts: 87 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

Give me some credit, it was POF!

Current situation: thinking of joining a monastery.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    _Redux wrote: »

Give me some credit, it was POF!

Current situation: thinking of joining a monastery.
    POF doesn’t have the alliteration. I’ll think on it and see what I can come up with

In the meantime, I think you would look pretty sexy in a hooded robe
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

I blame twitter!

1mqfsfevyrn3.jpg
    Good ole sunnydale