Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Weakness - when she keeps the cats outside

It’s where they belong. 🤧
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,976 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Remember we had a discussion about random bruises.... no idea how this happened f7a87d071dlx.jpg
    Maybe you backed into a laundry basket...
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,895 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Remember we had a discussion about random bruises.... no idea how this happened f7a87d071dlx.jpg
    Maybe you backed into a laundry basket...

That sounds familiar
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,240 Member
    Options

Yup. I have similar

How do you get a bruise there?? I hate being clumsy sometimes
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

Yup. I have similar

How do you get a bruise there?? I hate being clumsy sometimes

If I only knew
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I sent an inquiry to a dean of a local school to ask about degree options to finish my bachelors. She looked at my transcript & responded to me and I’m trying to make heads or tails of the response. It might be overwhelming enough that I just put my head back in the sand

Is it possible to get a meeting with a academic counselor via zoom or in person at that school? Maybe just to talk through what you want to do with them and then map out the classes by semester that you’d need to complete the degree? Maybe breaking it up into manageable semesters would seem less daunting? I only suggest this because I was in a similar situation a few years ago. Having the right counselor help map it out with me made all the difference between moving forward and throwing in the towel. I hope you are able to accomplish what you want.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    litha_ wrote: »
    I sent an inquiry to a dean of a local school to ask about degree options to finish my bachelors. She looked at my transcript & responded to me and I’m trying to make heads or tails of the response. It might be overwhelming enough that I just put my head back in the sand

Is it possible to get a meeting with a academic counselor via zoom or in person at that school? Maybe just to talk through what you want to do with them and then map out the classes by semester that you’d need to complete the degree? Maybe breaking it up into manageable semesters would seem less daunting? I only suggest this because I was in a similar situation a few years ago. Having the right counselor help map it out with me made all the difference between moving forward and throwing in the towel. I hope you are able to accomplish what you want.

Thank you 😊

Yes, she offered to meet in person or via teams.

tbh I’m only looking into it because my mother said I should. I’m not sure I’m willing to sacrifice what it would take to make it happen. For me it sounds nice but not a priority or a bucket list item. Maybe I’ll feel differently in a few years.

• jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    It’s my Daddy’s death day. Five years ago today he died from COPD complications

Also, check out the 1970s. That’s my daddy and baby twitchy in the center
    2kx0urn4jx7r.jpeg

I have some wonderous 70s pics. This one is gold. I hope there is some joy in this day as you reflect but also... all the hugs.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »

2kx0urn4jx7r.jpeg

I have some wonderous 70s pics. This one is gold. I hope there is some joy in this day as you reflect but also... all the hugs.
    Thank you! There is quite a bit of joy in the day oddly
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I’m so glad I didn’t succumb to my most recent password whim because IT needs it to set me up with a laptop
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,240 Member
    Options

2kx0urn4jx7r.jpeg

What a fabulous picture. What a sombre day but at least you said you have some joy and some amazing pictures too
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options

2kx0urn4jx7r.jpeg

I think every pic from 70’s-80’s had an ashtray with cigarettes lol mine also had several beers in the background- it really was a golden age - I’ll pour a little out for your pops tonite - hugs my friend
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

2kx0urn4jx7r.jpeg

What a fabulous picture. What a sombre day but at least you said you have some joy and some amazing pictures too

Yup. His death ushered in a number of changes in my life. But overall it worked out pretty great. I think he’d be glad
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

2kx0urn4jx7r.jpeg

I think every pic from 70’s-80’s had an ashtray with cigarettes lol mine also had several beers in the background- it really was a golden age - I’ll pour a little out for your pops tonite - hugs my friend
    Thank you 🤗. Yep my daddy smoked Benson & Hedges until he couldn’t smoke anymore. And I’m sure there was beer or wine around in there somewhere.

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options

2kx0urn4jx7r.jpeg

Not gonna lie. I'm wondering what's going on with the girl with her back to everyone. :)

Also, glad it's a good day for you!
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited August 2023
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

2kx0urn4jx7r.jpeg

Not gonna lie. I'm wondering what's going on with the girl with her back to everyone. :)

Also, glad it's a good day for you!

I think she was sewing something. I don’t know how I could possibly remember that. I think maybe over the years I saw her in that position many times. It’s my aunt by the way. And the little boy in front is my uncle
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited August 2023
    Options
    The time I went into Macy’s to buy something off of a wedding registry and the sales lady asked me, “denomination?” And I said, “Lutheran.”
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I’m looking for suggestions for an audiobook to download for my very long hike this weekend. Fiction or science nonfiction or both. Any ideas?
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,078 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    I’m looking for suggestions for an audiobook to download for my very long hike this weekend. Fiction or science nonfiction or both. Any ideas?

I don’t think you know what you need. I curated a list for you.

ldonwdm3ugnt.jpeg
    8b1i2p3fad5p.jpeg
    3ygeb4o0ty3g.jpeg

Edit to add: not because I think you live in chaos not loving people. I just think you’d really enjoy these.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

I don’t think you know what you need. I curated a list for you.

ldonwdm3ugnt.jpeg
    8b1i2p3fad5p.jpeg
    3ygeb4o0ty3g.jpeg

Edit to add: not because I think you live in chaos not loving people. I just think you’d really enjoy these.

I wish I had a funny reply