What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,060 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Weakness: when she says I have the thighs to save her.
    🥰💍

We conducted a study on this a couple years ago - with much dialogue- and we did conclude that thick thighs indeed save lives !!

@itchmyTwitch do you remember this ??
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    🥰💍

We conducted a study on this a couple years ago - with much dialogue- and we did conclude that thick thighs indeed save lives !!

Correct sir. As I recall there were several reasons for the superior saving capabilities of thicc thighs
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I’m looking for suggestions for an audiobook to download for my very long hike this weekend. Fiction or science nonfiction or both. Any ideas?

Read a few years ago. Execution by cleaning.b5nmyh3rbhn8.jpg
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,185 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    🥰💍

I’m so happy to know for sure! TY
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,569 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    That moment when you realize someone you know in RL has removed you from all their social media. That's gonna be one awkward moment when we see each other again at a family party 😬😂
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    fc67ur6aixrf.jpeg

My poor grandcat got into a fight or a dog got a hold of him, he’s probably going to lose his eye.

Oh no! That poor baby!
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,319 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    The TV is on in the background while I'm working... all of a sudden an ad for the frontdoor app came on. Just... no
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3JiWJbQ7tY
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    How I now have 3 appliances just to deal with a head of lettuce at a time.

1. Even tho I use a cutting board, I now have a thingy that encloses the head of lettuce for cutting. I'm hoping there's less lettuce falling on the floor this way.
    2. Vegetable holder that keeps veggies fresh for longer. You know, those things with humidity control.
    3. Vegetable chopper because the shredded lettuce I used to buy got so expensive and it's easier for me to eat the smaller pieces.

Now I'm looking into avocado savers/slicers *sigh*
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

1. Even tho I use a cutting board, I now have a thingy that encloses the head of lettuce for cutting. I'm hoping there's less lettuce falling on the floor this way.
    2. Vegetable holder that keeps veggies fresh for longer. You know, those things with humidity control.
    3. Vegetable chopper because the shredded lettuce I used to buy got so expensive and it's easier for me to eat the smaller pieces.

No salad spinner????
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options

No salad spinner????

Oh god, I actually used to have one but I don't even think I opened the box it came in so yeeeeeeeears later it ended up in a box of stuff I was donating to whoever wants it and left on the street.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,093 Member
    Options
    I’m thinking about my addiction to
    Dr Pepper and how badly I want one.

Why doesn’t DP come out with a new product…
    using real sugar, NO high fructose corn syrup, then CUT THE SUGAR BY HALF?
    I would pay more for it.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Sometimes I say things with good intentions, and they are taken the wrong way.. Like if I ask someone how they’re feeling and they sound defensive when they answer like, “I’m fine. Why?”

I’m pretty sure it’s in my delivery And even though I’m a sincere it sounds suspicious. How do I fix that?
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I’m thinking about my addiction to
    Dr Pepper and how badly I want one.

Why doesn’t DP come out with a new product…
    using real sugar, NO high fructose corn syrup, then CUT THE SUGAR BY HALF?
    I would pay more for it.

My 14-year-old loves Dr Pepper & I think he would agree with you about making it less sweet.
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited August 2023
    Options

No salad spinner????

Oh god, I actually used to have one but I don't even think I opened the box it came in so yeeeeeeeears later it ended up in a box of stuff I was donating to whoever wants it and left on the street.

I got my salad spinner for think it was a wedding gift or something like that but it was 26 years ago or so and it was the Tupperware brand. I have had the same one for all this time and I love it. I hate wet salad.
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I say things with good intentions, and they are taken the wrong way.. Like if I ask someone how they’re feeling and they sound defensive when they answer like, “I’m fine. Why?”

I’m pretty sure it’s in my delivery And even though I’m a sincere it sounds suspicious. How do I fix that?

Here for answers...
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,185 Member
    Options

This isn’t a great answer but it’s one perspective. I seem to frequently be friends with people who either come across as abrupt or think they do. But I almost never take it that way because I know them and I know they have good intentions and I know they like/love me. Sometimes they apologize later and I’m usually like “🤔🤷🏻‍♀️” because I didn’t notice anything.

Also…I think many many people don’t know how to interact these days. And I don’t know how to fix that for them.

So if they know you, hopefully they know better. If not….I guess I’m here for answers too.
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited August 2023
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »

Here for answers...

This isn’t a great answer but it’s one perspective. I seem to frequently be friends with people who either come across as abrupt or think they do. But I almost never take it that way because I know them and I know they have good intentions and I know they like/love me. Sometimes they apologize later and I’m usually like “🤔🤷🏻‍♀️” because I didn’t notice anything.

Also…I think many many people don’t know how to interact these days. And I don’t know how to fix that for them.

So if they know you, hopefully they know better. If not….I guess I’m here for answers too.

I think part of it is that I don’t ask that as a part of regular greeting, but rather only ask when I have the bandwidth to actually care. I think in American culture that’s considered weird or something. Also, it seems like sometimes people think I am implying that there’s something wrong with them. 😂. Like dude, I didn’t think there was anything especially wrong with you, but now I do.

ETA: @MelG7777 you have always been gracious, and I appreciate that because I need a lot of grace
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    my hike tomorrow
    vxihx5ok8sm6.png
    clrr0wv7dk8n.jpeg
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,060 Member
    Options
    my hike tomorrow
    vxihx5ok8sm6.png
    clrr0wv7dk8n.jpeg