What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,210 Member
    Options
    Also, I’m wondering if I’m going to lose my toenails because I have bruises on them

Of its severe enough, yes

*sigh* I JUST got a pedicure

Did this come from your race ?

Yeah, it was a 20 mile hike which was about 6 miles and about 2000 more feet of elevation than I was used to. I finished but it wasn’t pretty and now I have bruised toenails, a blister on the bottom of one foot, and a couple of weird chafing spots.

eta: you didn’t ask but the whole thing didn’t give me the sense of accomplishment & euphoria I’d hoped for. I felt old & out of shape

But it’s still badass that you did it! So congrats and I don’t think you’d lose your toenails from this. I’ll get the same thing on my pinky toe at times.

Thank you ☺️

eta:
    This view though
    q6s284r2u07x.jpeg

Wow! Amazing view
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    Also, I’m wondering if I’m going to lose my toenails because I have bruises on them

Yeah, it was a 20 mile hike which was about 6 miles and about 2000 more feet of elevation than I was used to. I finished but it wasn’t pretty and now I have bruised toenails, a blister on the bottom of one foot, and a couple of weird chafing spots.

eta: you didn’t ask but the whole thing didn’t give me the sense of accomplishment & euphoria I’d hoped for. I felt old & out of shape

But it’s still badass that you did it! So congrats and I don’t think you’d lose your toenails from this. I’ll get the same thing on my pinky toe at times.

Thank you ☺️

eta:
    This view though
    q6s284r2u07x.jpeg

You accomplished that view. Total win.

And toenails grow back. Usually.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Thank you ☺️

eta:
    This view though
    q6s284r2u07x.jpeg

You accomplished that view. Total win.

And toenails grow back. Usually.
    😂

that view is local to me and I know the cheat code to see it without doing 20 miles. However, this is the first time I’ve earned it.

Thank you for the cautiously optimistic news about the toenails 😂❤️
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,060 Member
    Options

Are your hikers / running shoes a size big?? If not I would suggest as this could be why that happened - some dude at the running shoe store I went was a marathoner and suggested this - it stuck with me

• itchmyTwitch
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Are your hikers / running shoes a size big?? If not I would suggest as this could be why that happened - some dude at the running shoe store I went was a marathoner and suggested this - it stuck with me

They are about a half size too big and I have funny shaped feet: very very wide forefoot and average size heel. So I either need to get custom shoes or learn some better lock lacing techniques. But honestly, the down hills on that long a hike are probably always going to kill me.

I might look into some more upscale brands of trail shoes for shorter hikes because why not
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    d4o4kukisuxj.png
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,333 Member
    Options
    I've a cut on my thumb....it hurts and is annoying
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    @kinetixtrainer2 @cowsfan12 @sophiapilar @glassyo
    Thanks for helping me do a postmortem on my hike. It was helpful.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,850 Member
    Options
    Hey you,

Congratulations 💍 🎉
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    My cancer drive today....the person lives super close to me. I like these ones
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    long days & short years
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Religious “cleaning experts” who think menstrual products are shameful & only boys play with lego.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Religious “cleaning experts” who think menstrual products are shameful & only boys play with lego.

Yikes!
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    My cancer drive today she's way you get than me...puts lots in perspective...I shouldn't complain about my random bruises
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Why do I keep smelling garlic
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

Is it on your fingers from when you prepped food earlier? That can be hard to get rid of. Ask me how I know.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    i9rbsef52vdp.gif
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

Is it on your fingers from when you prepped food earlier? That can be hard to get rid of. Ask me how I know.

How do you know?? Haha.

I had used garlic last night!!! I washed my hands since. It was fresh garlic maybe it's just stronger?
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

How do you know?? Haha.

I had used garlic last night!!! I washed my hands since. It was fresh garlic maybe it's just stronger?

My experience would back that up, yes
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,668 Member
    Options
    Wheres the say something thread...I have some things to say...to start with 🤤