What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    Ever have one of those days when you look in the mirror and say... "Damn. I really DO have a great butt. "

I'm coming off an intense leg day, where I pushed harder than I think i've ever pushed, and it feels so good. 😊

For someone who struggles to look in the mirror and not tear myself apart, this is a huge change!

This is wonderful. It’s very difficult to be objective about ourselves. At least that has been my experience.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Our post skate discussion yesterday. Some people seem to think they don't need to take advice because they know it all. What gets someone to that point and I wonder what it feels like to be like that. I'm the type that if I'm in a group setting and the coach says a general fix this I assume it's me doing it wrong. I'm a confident person but I understand we can always improve and no one is perfect. Why do some think they are
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Our post skate discussion yesterday. Some people seem to think they don't need to take advice because they know it all. What gets someone to that point and I wonder what it feels like to be like that. I'm the type that if I'm in a group setting and the coach says a general fix this I assume it's me doing it wrong. I'm a confident person but I understand we can always improve and no one is perfect. Why do some think they are

I have no idea, but I often wonder this myself!
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

I have no idea, but I often wonder this myself!

Imagine feeling you have nothing more to improve. Wouldn't life be boring? There'd be no more challenges. I don't get it
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Ever have one of those days when you look in the mirror and say... "Damn. I really DO have a great butt. "

I'm coming off an intense leg day, where I pushed harder than I think i've ever pushed, and it feels so good. 😊

For someone who struggles to look in the mirror and not tear myself apart, this is a huge change!

That's awesome!! One day I'll walk past a mirror and say "Damn. I really DO have a great butt" but today is not that day. Glad you're breaking through your internal struggles and seeing the positives 🤗
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options

Ego? Self-preservation? I don't know either, but they are only limiting themselves. Annoying to be around though, for sure.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

That's awesome!! One day I'll walk past a mirror and say "Damn. I really DO have a great butt" but today is not that day. Glad you're breaking through your internal struggles and seeing the positives 🤗

Sometimes speaking it, even if you don't quite believe it, can make a huge difference. I challenge you to go look at your butt in a mirror and tell it that it looks fabulous. I am sure there are plenty people who'd agree!
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,185 Member
    Options

Sometimes speaking it, even if you don't quite believe it, can make a huge difference. I challenge you to go look at your butt in a mirror and tell it that it looks fabulous. I am sure there are plenty people who'd agree!

🙋🏻‍♀️
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,135 Member
    Options
    Food, do I eat now or do I wait until I get back from staying with my grandkids, again, during teachers conferences?
    That’d be about 7:00, I guess I’ll wait.
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    ButterMeMuffinz Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I just scrolled by an add for a vacuum mop thing and I cannot believe that it made me excited and now I want one
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    I just scrolled by an add for a vacuum mop thing and I cannot believe that it made me excited and now I want one

I need to get out more cause this sounds awesome to me too
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,135 Member
    Options
    I think it has to be relevant. 😂
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    I wish that when you put someone on ignore you couldn’t see that they post
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Hoping I get some sleep tonight

How'd it go?
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    this is the first weekend in a while where I haven't had a slo-pitch tournament. The responsible thing would be to clean my house and vacuum and all that... But I think I'm going to go find a riverbank and go fishing instead.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    this is the first weekend in a while where I haven't had a slo-pitch tournament. The responsible thing would be to clean my house and vacuum and all that... But I think I'm going to go find a riverbank and go fishing instead.

Self care! Very important. Good for you for prioritizing yourself. Enjoy!
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,357 Member
    Options

How'd it go?
    ❤️
    Out like a light, I was so tired.
    I hate hotel beds
    I hate hotel bedding... that comforter with thin sheets on either side of it. 😑
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 758 Member
    Options

How'd it go?
    ❤️
    I hate hotel beds

They usually are not great... for sleeping.
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    ButterMeMuffinz Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »

How'd it go?
    ❤️
    I hate hotel beds

They usually are not great... for sleeping.

I feel like this was supposed to be dirty but my brain went to room service