Replies

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    subdude1 wrote: »
    hyyy,
    Is it possible you have relatives in WI?
    j80vydmj29bj.jpeg

Spotted about 30 min ago

Looks like at least two…

Oh wait, no, we only back in.

Omg. What does it say about me that I only actually noticed the car on the right😂
    hyyy,
    j80vydmj29bj.jpeg

Spotted about 30 min ago

I see no problem with this (I might be parking challenged like today at the rink but the parking lot was half empty so it didn't matter)

I get it. I just thought it was a goofy thing to post about. But the thing today was actually Walgreens. Which is always busy it seems. I’m parking challenged always. And I park as far back as I can.

I got a pull through spot today and was all smug thinking I'll be perfectly parked to get out and see my passenger side wheels on the line. I was late late, it wasn't busy and figured people would just assume I'm an old person 🤣 so shrugged and went in 🤣😂

Well let me tell you, I have two kids with learners permits right now. And I just keep the “please be patient, new driver” magnet on my car. So….depending, I’ll either imagine the person behind me thinking “wow, this student is an amazing driver!” (Usually) OR “Geez, stuck behind this new driver, no wonder they did that dumb move”(Rarely)

I mean, they can’t actually see my face from behind so I think it’s a solid plan.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    hyyy,

Please don’t ask children where they go to school and when they start.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,341 Member
    Options
    subdude1 wrote: »
    hyyy,
    j80vydmj29bj.jpeg

Spotted about 30 min ago

Looks like at least two…

Oh wait, no, we only back in.

Omg. What does it say about me that I only actually noticed the car on the right😂
    hyyy,
    j80vydmj29bj.jpeg

Spotted about 30 min ago

I see no problem with this (I might be parking challenged like today at the rink but the parking lot was half empty so it didn't matter)

I get it. I just thought it was a goofy thing to post about. But the thing today was actually Walgreens. Which is always busy it seems. I’m parking challenged always. And I park as far back as I can.

I got a pull through spot today and was all smug thinking I'll be perfectly parked to get out and see my passenger side wheels on the line. I was late late, it wasn't busy and figured people would just assume I'm an old person 🤣 so shrugged and went in 🤣😂

Well let me tell you, I have two kids with learners permits right now. And I just keep the “please be patient, new driver” magnet on my car. So….depending, I’ll either imagine the person behind me thinking “wow, this student is an amazing driver!” (Usually) OR “Geez, stuck behind this new driver, no wonder they did that dumb move”(Rarely)

I mean, they can’t actually see my face from behind so I think it’s a solid plan.

Maybe I need to try this trick!!! 😂🤣
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Thank goodness the salt union is done their strike. (who even knew they were unionized and on strike)
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Thank goodness the salt union is done their strike. (who even knew they were unionized and on strike)

Really! I wonder if that extended into the US as well. I live right by a large salt mine.

eta: looks like no
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    ButterMeMuffinz Posts: 265 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    It often doesn't work but there are some men who attempt a musketeers-esque kind of facial hair and it just absolutely works for them, imo
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited August 2023
    Options
    It often doesn't work but there are some men who attempt a musketeers-esque kind of facial hair and it just absolutely works for them, imo

no

Eta
    ia7s4bzezpv8.gif
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    edited August 2023
    Options

no

Yes

eta: I looked it up. I apparently mean "modern chevron"

idy94x4iqm8v.png
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited August 2023
    Options

no

Yes

idy94x4iqm8v.png
    Looks like what’s his name. The freaks and geeks guy that everybody hates.

eta: I grew up in the 70s, so I am biased. They look smarmy to me. And yes, I realize this is my baggage. The only mustache I like is Tom Selleck‘s.

etaa: the word smarmy is underutilized
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    Options

no

Yes

idy94x4iqm8v.png

eta: I grew up in the 70s, so I am biased. They look smarmy to me. And yes, I realize this is my baggage. The only mustache I like is Tom Selleck‘s.

You mean James Franco but no - it's a snip from a youtube vid of some guy I pulled up who's apparently all about facial hair grooming.

I enjoy a good smarmy reference myself.

And speaking of Tom Selleck, when I was on mat leave I worked my way through Murder, She Wrote and I remember a crossover episode with Magnum and my god, Tom was working those itty bitty shorts
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited August 2023
    Options

no

Yes

idy94x4iqm8v.png

You mean James Franco but no - it's a snip from a youtube vid of some guy I pulled up who's apparently all about facial hair grooming.

And speaking of Tom Selleck, when I was on mat leave I worked my way through Murder, She Wrote and I remember a crossover episode with Magnum and my god, Tom was working those itty bitty shorts

Yes! people were copying that style in the real world & they really should not have been. I remember my father telling my cousin to put his foot down because he was giving us all a show.
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    edited August 2023
    Options

no

Yes

idy94x4iqm8v.png

Yes! people were copying that style in the real world & they really should not have been. I remember my father telling my cousin to put his foot down because he was giving us all a show.

I'd need to leave the planet if someone said this to me
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

no

Yes

idy94x4iqm8v.png

I'd need to leave the planet if someone said this to me
    🤣 well, then don’t let your dangley bits fall out the bottom of your shorts. Come to think of it, I think you’ll probably be all right.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    A little bit of cabbage goes along way
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Being the default parent and how draining it is sometimes 😔
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    It’s been on my mind that the woman I met at my big 20 mile hike, who I have hiked with since and who I plan on hiking with in the future, is so opposite me in background and lifestyle.

First of all, she’s a different race. She grew up outside of the continental US. She grew up a different religion and currently has different spiritual beliefs from my own. She has an extremely different job (a branch of law enforcement). She has never been married, though she has a boyfriend. And she has no children.

But we have had great conversations and get along well and we like to hike at a similar pace.

Well, I think this is the coolest.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Wondering if I will have to go to work, at Banana Republic, tomorrow. We are in the path of Hurricane Idalia. I can’t imagine anyone will be that desperate for a new pair of chinos in the middle of a storm. My kids’ schools will be closed, but I haven’t heard anything about the mall.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I’m probably really sick
    k8nge2qjjo3m.jpeg
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    It’s been on my mind that the woman I met at my big 20 mile hike, who I have hiked with since and who I plan on hiking with in the future, is so opposite me in background and lifestyle.

First of all, she’s a different race. She grew up outside of the continental US. She grew up a different religion and currently has different spiritual beliefs from my own. She has an extremely different job (a branch of law enforcement). She has never been married, though she has a boyfriend. And she has no children.

But we have had great conversations and get along well and we like to hike at a similar pace.

That's cool. It's nice when you meet people through a common interest such as hiking because they can be super interesting and like this different than your normal friend circle