What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,370 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    So, I stopped at the coffee shop in the hotel to get a latte this morning. The barista who took my order picked up the cup with her finger inside and wrote "latte with cinnamon" on the side. Not wanting to make a big deal out of it, but wanting a more sanitary cup, I waited til she walked away and asked the cashier if she would get me a new cup. She asked why and I explained. She said no problem, threw the cup away, got a new cup and wrote on it. Just then the other barista came back, noticed the replacement cup and asked, "Why did you do that?" The other woman tried to make light of it, told her not to worry about it, etc. but the first woman kept pushing. So she told her. And then it got all awkward. I couldn't wait to get out of there.

Everything about this story makes me cringe
    "Everything"? Lattes? Cinnamon? How long it was? (My apologies...)
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    So, I stopped at the coffee shop in the hotel to get a latte this morning. The barista who took my order picked up the cup with her finger inside and wrote "latte with cinnamon" on the side. Not wanting to make a big deal out of it, but wanting a more sanitary cup, I waited til she walked away and asked the cashier if she would get me a new cup. She asked why and I explained. She said no problem, threw the cup away, got a new cup and wrote on it. Just then the other barista came back, noticed the replacement cup and asked, "Why did you do that?" The other woman tried to make light of it, told her not to worry about it, etc. but the first woman kept pushing. So she told her. And then it got all awkward. I couldn't wait to get out of there.

😂ok ok. Both the germs and the awkward confrontation.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,370 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    "cmsienk wrote: »
    cmsienk wrote:
    😂ok ok. Both the germs and the awkward confrontation.
    I figured. 😉 I knew you'd understand

• itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Have you ever met someone who could meet you wit for wit, word for word, measure for measure

who didn’t shrink from conversation or confrontation but faced your face with a face of their own

and who was as bold and brave as you?
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,220 Member
    Options
    What is the reason why, with cameras & technology everywhere, they can’t catch an escaped murderer?

Strap up and go show them how it’s done Twitchy !
  • BriansTrident
    BriansTrident Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Have you ever met someone who could meet you wit for wit, word for word, measure for measure

who didn’t shrink from conversation or confrontation but faced your face with a face of their own

Yes, except in my case she’s bolder & braver.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    What is the reason why, with cameras & technology everywhere, they can’t catch an escaped murderer?

Oh no, firearms scare me
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

Oh no, firearms scare me

Come on Grannie, you can do it 😅

Sorry, it’s too good to pass up.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,163 Member
    Options
    You guys are making me feel really old. 👵🏻
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

Honey, these whippersnappers do that to everyone
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

🤗 not intentional. I just enjoy getting a dig in when can with her.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

oh hey
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

oh hey

Hello… **looks around for car doors 😅
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    ButterMeMuffinz Posts: 265 Member
    Options

This is verging on Shakespearean
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited September 2023
    Options

He gets it from me

Eta: It’s the measure for measure reference
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    ButterMeMuffinz Posts: 265 Member
    Options

He gets it from me

Eta: It’s the measure for measure reference

I don't doubt it
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    Days off sure seem to go faster than days at work.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options

Uncomfortable, for sure, but necessary. If you hadn't brought it to their attention it would have continued. And how many times had it already happened. I understand the difficult situation, but I'm glad you spoke up.
  • jasond2424
    jasond2424 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

oh hey

Hello… **looks around for car doors 😅

I just caught up on this whole "granny" and "cardoor" situation and might i just say this has to be the greatest thread i have read in a while
  • Merrysailor
    Merrysailor Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Me and my half of a brain cell ain't got much on our mind