What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    jbs116 wrote: »
    Do Americans really use paper plates as often as the media has lead me to believe

Almost never. I have lived in the south all my life where I would assume this is depicted as common. Paper plates are only used for workplace events, birthday parties, BBQs, etc. Never for normal, daily use.

Eh - I use daily - 🤷‍♂️

so you’re the one! 😉🤗

Yes - and looks like Mel - it’s out fault the ice caps are melting - please accept my apologies

• itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    Do Americans really use paper plates as often as the media has lead me to believe

Almost never. I have lived in the south all my life where I would assume this is depicted as common. Paper plates are only used for workplace events, birthday parties, BBQs, etc. Never for normal, daily use.

Eh - I use daily - 🤷‍♂️

so you’re the one! 😉🤗

Yes - and looks like Mel - it’s out fault the ice caps are melting - please accept my apologies

You can make it up to me
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    when drama seems to swirl around me & I can almost but not quite get a glimpse inside the twister
  • nonchalantxo
    nonchalantxo Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @jasond2424 are you drinking coffee during your fast? Or just aqua 💧?
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options

Eh - I use daily - 🤷‍♂️

so you’re the one! 😉🤗

You can make it up to me

Yeah I can 😉

• jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm, roast beef 😋

Stop this madness 😂
  • jasond2424
    jasond2424 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    @jasond2424 are you drinking coffee during your fast? Or just aqua 💧?

I drink coffee and water
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited September 2023
    Options
    There are some people who would more happily take *kitten* from their job, from their mechanic, from their wife, than do any small thing differently. So much so that they will work to hold on to some truly terrible situations instead of letting them go and catching the next bus.

Please gods, don’t let it be me
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Why do people take advice from people who haven’t done the thing they’re trying to do?
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I hate how kangaroos look like humans with a creepy mask on
    of8omajrkn22.jpeg
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited September 2023
    Options
    subdude1 wrote: »
    Why do people take advice from people who haven’t done the thing they’re trying to do?

Or who have tried and failed.

Insanity… doing the same *kitten* repeatedly and expecting different results.
    I mean in that second category I would take advice from someone about what not to do…maybe
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,176 Member
    Options
    Black Mountain in Australia is just plain freaky. 😳

• redux1985
    redux1985 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I've never really understood 'negging' as a flirting strategy.

Don't get me wrong, I love to playfully tease/banter with a girl and expect it back.

But those guys who go all in...what are they expecting?

"Your outfit is horrific, your dad is a stupid loser and I hate your face. Sex when?"
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    redux1985 wrote: »

Don't get me wrong, I love to playfully tease/banter with a girl and expect it back.

"Your outfit is horrific, your dad is a stupid loser and I hate your face. Sex when?"
    I’m usually only attracted to people who are nice to me.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,373 Member
    Options

Same.
  • redux1985
    redux1985 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »

Same.

Honestly I think it’s the same for most people, I was just reading online about this negging thing and I have no idea how mocking somebody somehow became part of flirting. It’s surely not charming.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,176 Member
    Options
    In the 80s today so I got out and tried to get some of the jungle in my back yard under control.
    I think I’ll need to wait for it all to die back to get the rest.
    My yard was completely shaded until all my big trees fell a few years ago during an early ice storm so now it’s all sunny and native plants/weeds filled it up!
    I have a hard time keeping up.
    70s tomorrow, 🤞hoping for rain.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I might actually plug in my TV because once upon a time is streaming on Hulu