• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,376 Member
    Options
    Ring toss
    The outdoor game or divorce?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    It pains me a little bit when I see someone who has spent years avoiding wearing sunscreen but has clearly spent a lot of time out in the sun regardless

There is an entire side of my family that could pass for luggage

Should I have laughed? Probably not because it's a serious health risk but did I? Absolutely.
    Same. What does that say about us?
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    ButterMeMuffinz Posts: 265 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    It pains me a little bit when I see someone who has spent years avoiding wearing sunscreen but has clearly spent a lot of time out in the sun regardless

Should I have laughed? Probably not because it's a serious health risk but did I? Absolutely.

That we're hilarious.

But also, the luggage comment brought me right back to summer as a teenager and at this one beach there was always this guy who would park his chair at the top of this little hill and he would just bake in the sun while coated in oil. He looked like a shiny, well-fried middle-aged man.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    Ring toss

donuts
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

That we're hilarious.

But also, the luggage comment brought me right back to summer as a teenager and at this one beach there was always this guy who would park his chair at the top of this little hill and he would just bake in the sun while coated in oil. He looked like a shiny, well-fried middle-aged man.

Mmmmm crispy
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Ring toss

donuts
    Well, toss one my way... 🍩
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I have to use the restroom and I really want to bring my book but I’m at work and that probably doesn’t look good
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,654 Member
    Options
    I really like the new music Miley Cyrus is putting out.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,654 Member
    Options
    YES! Danny Masterson got 30 years!!
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    Options
    Do Americans really use paper plates as often as the media has lead me to believe
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Do Americans really use paper plates as often as the media has lead me to believe
    I might be an outlier, but no because that *kitten* expensive and we (not everyone, but in my community)also pay to get rid of our trash
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    Options
    subdude1 wrote: »
    I might be an outlier, but no because that *kitten* expensive and we (not everyone, but in my community)also pay to get rid of our trash

I concur but ‘round here our county trash is included in your property taxes or we take it to the dump.

What’s insane is nearly EVERYONE uses paper plates.

Such a poor community but the epitome of financial insanity.

That just seems super wasteful to me -- but that's also not how I grew up at all. The only time paper plates are used here is at a birthday party or something.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options

We visited relatives who live in Texas and use paper plates and plastic cutlery (I so hate paper plates so wasteful).
    Any time we used some I offered to do the dishes. The cousin found it amusing, then again he was probably drunk, his wife not so much
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 758 Member
    Options

Almost never. I have lived in the south all my life where I would assume this is depicted as common. Paper plates are only used for workplace events, birthday parties, BBQs, etc. Never for normal, daily use.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Inger company at the rink today!!! Time to get my friend's program good for competition
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »

Almost never. I have lived in the south all my life where I would assume this is depicted as common. Paper plates are only used for workplace events, birthday parties, BBQs, etc. Never for normal, daily use.

Thank you for the insight. I was wondering if it might be regional. I live fairly rural but other than the college students & for certain informal festive occasions, I don’t really see anyone using them.

When I was in a very busy season and my dishwasher broke and there were six people in my household I tried them for daily use. That lasted less than a week. It was more efficient to revamp my washing up routine.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Amoebas
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

We visited relatives who live in Texas and use paper plates and plastic cutlery (I so hate paper plates so wasteful).
    Any time we used some I offered to do the dishes. The cousin found it amusing, then again he was probably drunk, his wife not so much

Yes, for casual company and large groups of family visiting I might use paper plates.