What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,811 Member
    Options
    @honey_honey_12 there are a couple of blue jays swooping at my head when I walk the dog. Made me think of you. That sounds bad but you know what I mean.

If you have any 🥜 next time when you get to the spot they fuss at you, leave a couple peanuts for them.
    They are really smart, in the Crow family.
    Maybe you can have a treaty.
    😊
    I'm going to do this! I've always wanted Bird friends.
  • Leo_King84
    Leo_King84 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @honey_honey_12 there are a couple of blue jays swooping at my head when I walk the dog. Made me think of you. That sounds bad but you know what I mean.

If you have any 🥜 next time when you get to the spot they fuss at you, leave a couple peanuts for them.
    😊

I've been trying to tame some crows that live nearby for years. They'll sit outside and caw if they see me near a window. I'll throw them handful of cat biscuits. Tbh, I think they tamed me.

If they find something to eating its too dry they'll take it to a puddle and dip it in then eat it.

They also attack the foxes that try scavenge too.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,206 Member
    Options

😊

If you want to attract birds to your yard get a pond. We have a water feature...pond with a waterfall (inherited from the former owners) and we get ever kind of bird coming to bathe and drink from it, squirrels galore too
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited April 18
    Options

😊

If you want to attract birds to your yard get a pond. We have a water feature...pond with a waterfall (inherited from the former owners) and we get ever kind of bird coming to bathe and drink from it, squirrels galore too

We have a lot of birds but I wouldn't say that they are my friends. Yet. Although a couple of years ago the mockingbirds learned my middle son's name 😬
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Leo_King84 wrote: »

😊

I've been trying to tame some crows that live nearby for years. They'll sit outside and caw if they see me near a window. I'll throw them handful of cat biscuits. Tbh, I think they tamed me.

If they find something to eating its too dry they'll take it to a puddle and dip it in then eat it.

This is so cool! I think my dog is a hindrance. I'll have to go out without her
  • Leo_King84
    Options

😊

https://streamable.com/i8syhc

Video of Crow attacking fox outside my house.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

😊

😂 i want to adopt that healthy looking fox
  • Leo_King84
    Options

😊

😂 i want to adopt that healthy looking fox

I'm trying to tame them too so you can't unfortunately.

I do have a slightly adhd black and white cat you can have though, he doesn't seem to understand claws hurt and loves cuddling you with his claws out.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    my eye
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,206 Member
    Options
    Skating was hard work this morning cause I had to lead the group. I'm tired
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I STILL think people draw too hard a line between exercise and NEAT. If I step outside my door and walk for two miles many people would consider that exercise (if you're not a roided out podcaster). But if I walk the same two miles and stop at the grocery store, suddenly it's non-exercise.
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Virtue signaling.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »
    Virtue signaling.

i was going to say that reminds me of a Petra song but then I remembered the song was probably based on this

smhxk725jybv.jpeg
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,790 Member
    Options
    Norm MacDonald
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited April 19
    Options
    My son plays dungeons and dragons at a store. All the other players are much older than him and so I accompany him to his games.

The owner of the store often says "hi Mom" to me. Several weeks ago I told him my name and he said, "I'm going to keep calling you Mom."

Today when he said "goodbye Mom" to me I said, "bye store guy."

He asked, "don't you know my name?"

So of course I said, "do you know mine?"

And he said, "yeah, Mom."

And then I smiled and gestured toward him and said, "store guy."

As I was walking out the door he said, "my name is Joe."

I said, "have a good one."

And now this interaction keeps replaying in my mind and won't let me relax and go to sleep. Ugh. Why am I so me.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,022 Member
    Options
    Never change mfp. Never change.
  • Yourmomsproblem
    Yourmomsproblem Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    How I'm tired but the house is finally quiet because the kids are asleep so I must stay up to enjoy it at least for a little while.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    How I'm tired but the house is finally quiet because the kids are asleep so I must stay up to enjoy it at least for a little while.
    Revenge bedtime procrastination
  • Leo_King84
    Options

Make sure to get up an hour early so you can go jump on their beds to wake them up.
  • gillylucky
    gillylucky Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    after taking progress pics at the 60 day mark... i am going to have to keep at it much longer than i thought to reach my goal. but so far so good!