Ouch.

Ouch.

Ouch.

Ouch.

Ouch.

Ouch.

Ouch.

Ouch.

So.... a priest, a chicken and a rodeo clown walk into a bar.

The Bartender says: "What is this, some kind of a joke ??"
  • Why wont my dvd player work 😢

Cuz... it's a dinosaur?
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Wanting to fly back home just to kick my brother’s *kitten* for giving my ex my phone number

Your post just made my evening. Lol. His intentions were pure, yes? 🤣😄🤣
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    What's on my mind is sourdough and satisfaction. I have been cultivating sourdough for making pizza dough for over a year now. Each time I exhaust the sourdough starter I must add more water and flour, then let it sit out overnight to well establish the culture. The next morning, after affirming that I see many bubbles, I put it into the refrigerator to slow it while I make a new batch of dough balls twice each month. I eat a lot of pizza. Two weeks ago I reached the point of having to add more water and flour and set out overnight. For 14 overdays and overnights. I forgot to refrigerate it. Tonight I realized my error and discarded the moldy mess. My satisfaction arises from the fact that I had a second store of sourdough in the refrigerator for random other baking purposes. That second supply had been rarely used and rarely refreshed. Indeed, there was very little of it. I used some of the secondary supply to start my new batch of pizza dough, adding water and flour to it and setting it aside at room temperature. After 5 hours I peeked inside and saw bubbles. Not a lot, but real bubbles indicating life. I am satisfied that tomorrow morning I'll be able to start making another batch of pizza dough.

And you have just inspired me to make sourdough starter. Everyone in this household loves sourdough recipes. :smile:
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    What's on my mind is sourdough and satisfaction. I have been cultivating sourdough for making pizza dough for over a year now. Each time I exhaust the sourdough starter I must add more water and flour, then let it sit out overnight to well establish the culture. The next morning, after affirming that I see many bubbles, I put it into the refrigerator to slow it while I make a new batch of dough balls twice each month. I eat a lot of pizza. Two weeks ago I reached the point of having to add more water and flour and set out overnight. For 14 overdays and overnights. I forgot to refrigerate it. Tonight I realized my error and discarded the moldy mess. My satisfaction arises from the fact that I had a second store of sourdough in the refrigerator for random other baking purposes. That second supply had been rarely used and rarely refreshed. Indeed, there was very little of it. I used some of the secondary supply to start my new batch of pizza dough, adding water and flour to it and setting it aside at room temperature. After 5 hours I peeked inside and saw bubbles. Not a lot, but real bubbles indicating life. I am satisfied that tomorrow morning I'll be able to start making another batch of pizza dough.

And you have just inspired me to make sourdough starter. Everyone in this household loves sourdough recipes. :smile:

I've always wanted to make sourdough started and bread obviously. Any tips and tricks?
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    edited July 2018
    LuAtThTh wrote: »
    2gjxhanpg5gy.jpg

Here's a sourdough recipie if anybody is interested. It's pretty tasty!

Thank you!! I will be trying this.

Here's my calzone recipe:
    Ingredients:
    1/2 cup lukewarm water
    1 package active dry yeast
    1/2 cup water
    2T Olive Oil
    2t honey
    1/2t salt
    3 cups all purpose flour

Pour yeast over the warm water and allow to stand until the yeast foams
    In a separate bowl, combine water, oil, honey, salt and 1 cup of the flour. Mix well.
    Add the yeast mixture and mix well.
    Add the flour, one cup at a time until the dough is well combined
    Knead dough on a floured surface until the dough is soft, smooth, and elastic (soft as a horse's nose).
    Divide into four and roll out to about 8 inches in diameter.
    Smear pizza sauce over one half, top with pizza toppings, grated cheddar cheese about a handful) and grated mozzarella (also about a handful). Sprinkle with herbs
    Stretch the other half of the dough over the fillings and twist and pinch the edges together
    Brush with beaten eggs and bake for 15 to 20 minutes in an oven preheated to 400 deg F or 200 deg C
    leig1bmitrss.jpg
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    If this keeps up yall might want to start a legit recipe thread, then it will be much easier to come back and find em if needed. Not to try to be bossy or anything :neutral:
  • New2ket0
    New2ket0 Posts: 345 Member
    Trying to figure out why I’ve gained 5lb this week instead of losing again? It could be too much dairy or I changed from 1600 to 1200 cals a day? Idk 😐
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Food!
    Eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, toast, waffles, fruit and loads of coffee.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Recipes!? I want recipes? ;)
  • Recipes!? I want recipes? ;)

Meat or vegetarian?
  • AliNouveau
    For some reason last night I decided I might tell my skating friends and team when I get home I'm not skating this year. Imagine putting my wellbeing first and getting my shoulder fixed before doing anymore harm to it. This has been on my mind
  • orange_blossoms
    orange_blossoms Posts: 17 Member
    0bt40kckdkpm.jpg

My thoughts are with Tina Turner...... There is nothing more painful for a mother or a father than burying the own child..... My deep condolences.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    For some reason last night I decided I might tell my skating friends and team when I get home I'm not skating this year. Imagine putting my wellbeing first and getting my shoulder fixed before doing anymore harm to it. This has been on my mind

Roller or hockey?

In all seriousness, though...I'm begrudgingly becoming in line with the idea that it makes more sense to rest and heal, then get back to sports even sooner than if you struggle through injury and just drag out the process.

I hope it heals up well.

It's a synchronized figure skating team. We're never very synchronized haha. Like ten years ago I initially wrecked my shoulder doing synchro skating

I'm usually a soldier on but I've done that every year cause the team has needed me but we have enough skaters so I think it's time to put myself first. And at 45 things are taking longer to heal....AND I have my curling career to consider
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Notifications are so much better omg. And you can close your diary!

Hey you changed your username.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    what's on my mind today?

I am just sick and tired of women hitting on me at the gym.

can't you see that I'm training ??

Sorry.. :( but you're so damn cute :p
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    what's on my mind today?

I am just sick and tired of women hitting on me at the gym.

can't you see that I'm training ??

Sorry.. :( but you're so damn cute :p

well...... I'm not sick & tired of everybody

<3
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    edited July 2018
    I think I burned myself out doing too much HIIT :/ I didn’t know you were supposed to only do it 2-3 times a week. I did it for 12 days straight with weight lifting. I feel like SH***!!
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Nacho Fries
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Nacho Fries

Ohh good user name.. off to thread
  • AliNouveau

I couldn't even remember my other user name. That was the point...but it even irritated me.

I'm also not lurking at the threshold anymore...I decided to come back and be serious about losing the rest of my weight.

It was in a song I like and I'm a weirdo so the name is a good match I think. I debate the s on the end but whatever.

You have to take chances in life and I didn't want to assume too much.

Is that why you posted the username thread??? You could've lifted one of those
  • AliNouveau

I couldn't even remember my other user name. That was the point...but it even irritated me.

I'm also not lurking at the threshold anymore...I decided to come back and be serious about losing the rest of my weight.

It was in a song I like and I'm a weirdo so the name is a good match I think. I debate the s on the end but whatever.

Yes it was...however, I'm a weirdo 🤣

Edit: @Versicolour endorsed this one so that's good enough for me.

I do regret the s. It would have been more authoritarian.

Aren't we all weird in our own way. Isn't that what makes people interesting
  • AliNouveau

Aren't we all weird in our own way. Isn't that what makes people interesting

I should have picked WeirdNotReally.

MyMomSaysImNormal
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member

🤗 :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    That I wish that person would just move on, build a bridge, move on, put your dummy back in baby!!!
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Nacho Fries

Ohh good user name.. off to thread

Haha aaaw man!