What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    "Wooing" someones selfie is cruel. It's okay to dislike someone, (we all have someone we dislike) but it's not okay to try to degrade or humiliate them.

The "woo" needs to go! It serves no good purpose here.

I take the power out of the word and use it as a positive woo. Like the Nature Boy, Ric Flair.

az8fst2c4dqq.gif

Yeah! Remember when woo was good! Bring back good woo!

Good woo never left baby! Wooooooooooooooo! (you must read that out loud in the voice of Ric Flair. In honor of International Women's Day, you can use a Charlotte Flair voice as well)

My neighbor probably thinks i fell because i did it really loud
  • laurenbastug
    laurenbastug Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    it's my birthday and i'm lowkey annoyed with my fiance because i didn't wake up to a single balloon or card when i told him that i was super excited for this birthday (i'm turning my lucky #, last bday before i'm married, etc.) and he knows i'm really into all that kinda stuff. but then he also shoveled out my car last night (something he usually does so not like he went an extra mile) - not sure if i should be upset with him. it's also TOM so that usually puts me on the verge of tears and usually leaves me unable to react rationally to situations like this.

It's your bday and you can cry if you want to lol

But my 2 cents say, give a guy a break... I suck at that kind of thing, don't think I've ever bought a balloon in my life lol

Happy Bday!

Haha well being in my emotional state, I actually did cry on the bus like a total loser lol

You're right, I should give him the chance to unveil his surprise (assuming there is one)

If not, that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned on her bday (who is also hormonally raging) haha

You're not helping yourself by getting upset like this. The key in life is to not expect anything, then you're not disappointed, like the saying from Shakespeare, "Expectation is the root of all heartache." I have found this to be very true! Keep in mind that people show their love and appreciation differently. If you expect too much and get upset and lash out, then not only are you hurt, but so is he. It's so not worth it. You really have to accept how he chooses to celebrate your birthday, even if that means only saying "Happy birthday, <insert term of endearment here>!"

You're so right. I've had to make it more of a point to manage my expectations but I think I thought my bday could be an exception, but you're right - it's not worth it and I need to accept and be grateful with how he chooses to celebrate :)

Is he normally the showy type for celebrations? Most people won't change how they show affection just because you think the event is a bigger deal than usual. If he's not normally the flashy romantic type then it's unfair to expect him to be on your birthday.

I mean he does usually knock my socks off, but being it's still early and we have the weekend, I'm thinking I just need to learn some patience lol
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    "Wooing" someones selfie is cruel. It's okay to dislike someone, (we all have someone we dislike) but it's not okay to try to degrade or humiliate them.

here ya go
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10638502/the-woo-button#latest

I had no idea this was such a thing.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options

here ya go

You should have been around for the mid 2017 woo crisis
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options

here ya go

I remember that. You know who else remembers?

Rick Flair....?
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options

here ya go

I remember that. You know who else remembers?

Rick Flair....?

idkwxcxpoeov.jpg

I knew something remembered but I couldn't remember
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

here ya go

I find it annoying, but on the other hand I have noticed a decrease in mean people threads with the increase in woo hating threads, so maybe there is some good coming of all this?

• Smilin40
    Smilin40 Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options

here ya go

I think all the wwooos were used up here v67ahioafbjf.gif
  • Smilin40
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Just let us know at midnight if he ever acknowledged your birthday. If he did, good. If he didn't, do a tit for tat and "forget" his.

oh boy

It's fabulous and more women should do it. A clearer message couldn't be sent.

This must be whats wrong with my marriage! I will make the necessary adjustments

This is passive aggressiveness at its finest. ;)

Is the woo really bad I though it was like woooo she’s hit or he’s hot why is it bad cause I’ve woood a few people thinking it was good.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    Smilin40 wrote: »

here ya go

Don't think we didn't use that one. We used ALL the woos
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

I don't know who you are, but I'm digging your common sense this morning.

I totally agree, it doesn't even make sense as a negative connotation
  • Smilin40
    Options
    Smilin40 wrote: »

here ya go

Don't think we didn't use that one. We used ALL the woos

Well it’s the nature boy so I don’t mind seeing them again 4ci5bf7kwzaj.gif
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Just let us know at midnight if he ever acknowledged your birthday. If he did, good. If he didn't, do a tit for tat and "forget" his.

oh boy

This must be whats wrong with my marriage! I will make the necessary adjustments

:shrug:

(it was too perfect to resists)

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    it's my birthday and i'm lowkey annoyed with my fiance because i didn't wake up to a single balloon or card when i told him that i was super excited for this birthday (i'm turning my lucky #, last bday before i'm married, etc.) and he knows i'm really into all that kinda stuff. but then he also shoveled out my car last night (something he usually does so not like he went an extra mile) - not sure if i should be upset with him. it's also TOM so that usually puts me on the verge of tears and usually leaves me unable to react rationally to situations like this.

But my 2 cents say, give a guy a break... I suck at that kind of thing, don't think I've ever bought a balloon in my life lol

Happy Bday!

Haha well being in my emotional state, I actually did cry on the bus like a total loser lol

You're right, I should give him the chance to unveil his surprise (assuming there is one)

If not, that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned on her bday (who is also hormonally raging) haha

Nooo lol, I take it back... No crying :kiss:

See it as an opportunity, bring home balloons and a card and claim its from another guy at work...

I bet he takes you out and buys you a car afterwards :lol:

That's awesome.

Wait

.... what kind of car?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Happy Bday!

See it as an opportunity, bring home balloons and a card and claim its from another guy at work...

That's awesome.

Wait

.... what kind of car?

Depends on how many balloons
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

oh boy

You're a freaking genius... Replace woo with the shrug!
    Its my favorite emoji :shrug:

Or give us a shrug emoji, better idea actually
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Happy Bday!

That's awesome.

Wait

.... what kind of car?

Depends on how many balloons

I read this as : used kia
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

oh boy

You're a freaking genius... Replace woo with the shrug!
    Its my favorite emoji :shrug:

Or give us a shrug emoji, better idea actually

Nooo! If MFP makes a passive-aggressive and condescending 'shrug' reaction, I will spend countless hours teaching myself the necessary skills to hack the site and create a 'throat-punch' button.

So, I hope they don't. That seems like an awful lot of self-training and education that I don't have the time for.