Culking Bishes!!! Winter2016 / Spring 2017

Options

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Got a lot going on there @psuLemon - hopefully you can get some rest and heal your arm.

And heh- also - win for the barely fit in the pants!!! I mean- as long as it isn't fat LMAO.
    I ordered new pants- but unfortunately they aren't the yoga pants I wanted- so I'm going to take one of them back. I'll keep the other pair- so I have "real pants" (eye roll)

I have seen an increase in definition, so i am assuming some muscle growth.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Starting to pudge back up a bit, but the Wilks is steadily climbing, and I am still about 5.5 months out from my first meet, so plenty of time to peel bodyfat as needed. Up roughly 4.5 pounds (moving average) over the last two months and some change, and a lot of that came from a recent doubling of sodium intake.

he4pu9frpawh.jpg
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Nice!!!

5 months out from meet is plenty o time to manipulate

I'm guessing I'm aiming for November for one- we'll see.
    Right now I'm still sort of chilling in the 170's- 2000 calories cutting definitely isn't doing it for me. Poop.

I look good- and definitely have dropped some weight- but still meaty. womp womp. bench is moving really well these days- deads are okay- squats are still as usual, a work in progress.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm down about three pounds, which put me in normal BMI (kinda exciting). Ten pounds to goal. Under 158.5 lbs by August 5th to compete in the lower PL class. It feels like it might be doable. :o
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I'm down about three pounds, which put me in normal BMI (kinda exciting). Ten pounds to goal. Under 158.5 lbs by August 5th to compete in the lower PL class. It feels like it might be doable. :o

And...I'm back over 170. Stupid TOM. I suck at this.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    I've got an SI joint injury, so I'm no longer doing my meet in July. No squats/deadlifts until further notice.
    Going to focus on the cut a bit more and do bodybuilduh things. (I'm down to about 130 carbs now that we adjusted down for not being in meet prep, which seems like nothing. :'( But I digress.. )

Had a big "whoosh" this week though, which puts me around 173 lbs. Feels crazy to think I'll (hopefully!) be in the 160's in the next month. I'd been sitting around 185 for so long!
    Goal is probably 135-140. Maybe less, depending on if I actually have muscles and how lean I need to be before by coach lets me start building haha. Getting to a point where I could actively focus on building muscle and not be overfat has been a huge goal for me. Starting to feel like that's within reach! :)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Still cutting over here, 8 weeks in. I think I am close to goal? I hate this part of the cut where you are lean but not lean enough and know you need more bulk cycles to fill out more, gahh.

How do you guys stay motivated to keep cutting when there is no show or competition? I just find myself thinking "ya I look good enough" and then I start to lose steam.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Six month bulk added almost 25lbs. Hate to stop because joints are taking it well for first bulk in 12 years. I've decided to drop 10lbs to stay in weight class and break my record in 105kg class at the end of August then start my bulk shortly after my baseball playoffs end.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I've got an SI joint injury, so I'm no longer doing my meet in July. No squats/deadlifts until further notice.
    Going to focus on the cut a bit more and do bodybuilduh things. (I'm down to about 130 carbs now that we adjusted down for not being in meet prep, which seems like nothing. :'( But I digress.. )

Had a big "whoosh" this week though, which puts me around 173 lbs. Feels crazy to think I'll (hopefully!) be in the 160's in the next month. I'd been sitting around 185 for so long!
    Goal is probably 135-140. Maybe less, depending on if I actually have muscles and how lean I need to be before by coach lets me start building haha. Getting to a point where I could actively focus on building muscle and not be overfat has been a huge goal for me. Starting to feel like that's within reach! :)

Oh, no! Sorry about the injury! What a bummer. You're doing awesome on the cutting, though.
  • not_a_runner
    Options

Oh, no! Sorry about the injury! What a bummer. You're doing awesome on the cutting, though.

It was probably a long time coming. I've got a lot of muscle imbalances I wasn't aware of. :|
    I probably won't consider another meet until I've spent some time at whatever bodyweight I end up.
    Another two year off season in which I drop two more weight classes loool.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

It was probably a long time coming. I've got a lot of muscle imbalances I wasn't aware of. :|
    I probably won't consider another meet until I've spent some time at whatever bodyweight I end up.
    Another two year off season in which I drop two more weight classes loool.

Ugh. I've been working on issues, too. Lots of deep tissue massage, stretching and foam rolling...
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Another 0.5kg/1.1lbs gone and now back to the weight I was before I went to Italy. The very slow and steady defluff continues.
  • JoRocka
    Options

balls.

I had a left SI joint issue- exacerbated from running it seems. I was able to keep working mostly with physical therapy and one steroid shot as a last ditch effort. I stopped running and it seemed to really go away on it's own- that injury super sucks. I feel for you.

Also- As a 175 pounder myself- I wish you the best of luck trying to get down to 135- that's mighty lean. I don't know how tall you are- but for me- that's to lean for me. My goal this summer for #operationleanAF is 155 pounds. I'm sitting at 175- so it's not really moving along well but it's moving.

But it'll be nice to break the 170 into the 160- I'm with you on that entirely.

good luck with your imbalances and recovery!!!
    Since bodyweight leveled back off from the sodium loading, I'm back at 0.18 lbs./week gained at 2950/3450 kcals on recovery and training days, respectively.
    Sitting around 173 lbs., and hit my first triple for 300 on squats yesterday. I don't know what possessed me to go for the third when I had only programmed a double. I have never made myself grind a squat like that before. I was starting to wonder if I'd make it out alive, after it felt like I wasn't even moving anymore.

yay! congrats on the grinder!!! I find grinding squats is the worst for me- I just really don't do well with it- so any time anyone make it through one- I'm like WOOT WOOT!! YOU"RE THE BEST!!!

• not_a_runner
    Options
    @JoRocka More proof cardio is evil ;)
    I'm not too sure what caused this to flare up. I'm guessing really pushing the heavy squats and deads every week, while leaning more to one side. Also been doing stuff I normally avoid because my back occasionally gets angry - RDLs and bent over rows. 12 weeks of all of that and pushing my previous back injury about as far as it could handle. No bueno. Luckily I got to the chiro right away and it only took me two workouts wondering why my squat went to kitten to realize something was really wrong. Two adjustments and adding some stretches relieved the constant dull pain, so I was lucky there.

I'm only 5'1'' lol. A few years ago I got down to 130 and wasn't really *lean* by any means. I think I was a size 7, if that's relevant in any way. So I'd say shooting close to that is probably a fair guesstimate. I don't think it's likely I've gained more than maybe 10 lbs of lean mass. The smaller I get the more I realize I'm not actually very muscular. Maybe my legs, but my upper body feels pretty sad lol.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options

balls.

I had a left SI joint issue- exacerbated from running it seems. I was able to keep working mostly with physical therapy and one steroid shot as a last ditch effort. I stopped running and it seemed to really go away on it's own- that injury super sucks. I feel for you.

Also- As a 175 pounder myself- I wish you the best of luck trying to get down to 135- that's mighty lean. I don't know how tall you are- but for me- that's to lean for me. My goal this summer for #operationleanAF is 155 pounds. I'm sitting at 175- so it's not really moving along well but it's moving.

Since bodyweight leveled back off from the sodium loading, I'm back at 0.18 lbs./week gained at 2950/3450 kcals on recovery and training days, respectively.
    Sitting around 173 lbs., and hit my first triple for 300 on squats yesterday. I don't know what possessed me to go for the third when I had only programmed a double. I have never made myself grind a squat like that before. I was starting to wonder if I'd make it out alive, after it felt like I wasn't even moving anymore.

yay! congrats on the grinder!!! I find grinding squats is the worst for me- I just really don't do well with it- so any time anyone make it through one- I'm like WOOT WOOT!! YOU"RE THE BEST!!!

As weird as it will sound, I probably would have failed it if I'd have tried last week. I've been obsessively watching the IPF Worlds, and keeping an eye on form breakdowns that cause people to fail lifts has helped me a lot. The whole eyes forward, chest up, force elbows to stay tight did a lot to allow me to grind it out instead of collapsing like I used to.
  • JoRocka
    Options

balls.

As weird as it will sound, I probably would have failed it if I'd have tried last week. I've been obsessively watching the IPF Worlds, and keeping an eye on form breakdowns that cause people to fail lifts has helped me a lot. The whole eyes forward, chest up, force elbows to stay tight did a lot to allow me to grind it out instead of collapsing like I used to.

I had to give a pep talk to a girl last night- (someone called her preganant- which is bullst because she's not anywhere near looking pregnant- I mean it's BS anyway- but I think he was dcking with her on purpose- because she's not over weight at all) anyway- part of this switched into why she didn't squat- and I was telling her to keep working on it- because it's SUPER technical- and you are always continuing to tweak- you never "arrive" you continue to finesse the weak points of it to get as much out of it as you can.

That's interesting- I haven't considered that much- I did learn a lot watching Squat School with Marisa Indres? from Juggernaut- they did a really great break down on her form and how she was able to jump up so much- it's been very helpful- not like- earth shattering- but really helpful in getting a more consistent squat- and I can feel where I break down.

But I like the idea of watching comps and spotting failure points and what's working/not working. I like that.

Eblows tight is a big one for me- keeping my back tight- not so much my chest UP but my back right and meanwhile not trying to splay my ribs. Difficult thing to do for sure.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    @JoRocka More proof cardio is evil ;)
    I'm not too sure what caused this to flare up. I'm guessing really pushing the heavy squats and deads every week, while leaning more to one side. Also been doing stuff I normally avoid because my back occasionally gets angry - RDLs and bent over rows. 12 weeks of all of that and pushing my previous back injury about as far as it could handle. No bueno. Luckily I got to the chiro right away and it only took me two workouts wondering why my squat went to kitten to realize something was really wrong. Two adjustments and adding some stretches relieved the constant dull pain, so I was lucky there.

I'm only 5'1'' lol. A few years ago I got down to 130 and wasn't really *lean* by any means. I think I was a size 7, if that's relevant in any way. So I'd say shooting close to that is probably a fair guesstimate. I don't think it's likely I've gained more than maybe 10 lbs of lean mass. The smaller I get the more I realize I'm not actually very muscular. Maybe my legs, but my upper body feels pretty sad lol.
    yes- cardio is evil- but necessary. LOL

oh- yeah- 130 is more than reasonable for you.

at 135- I'd be an effing stick. - it's a process though- most people aren't as muscular as you think- and then you actually get somewhere when people THINK you're muscular- then you really start nit picking and going "well not really" because- the hungergainz... it's real.

I think I'm really not that big and someone was just telling me last night everyone calls me disel at my gym (news to me) so - a lot of it is perception- but it's always a journey forward- sometimes on ward and upwards- sometimes sideways- sometimes in self care it seems backwards- but it's still a journey. Sometimes that journey takes you to wawa where you stop progressing and just drink coffee and eat sour patch kids. It's okay. All good.

You're making great progress!!! Summer of leanness!! WOOT WOOT
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options

balls.

I had to give a pep talk to a girl last night- (someone called her preganant- which is bullst because she's not anywhere near looking pregnant- I mean it's BS anyway- but I think he was dcking with her on purpose- because she's not over weight at all) anyway- part of this switched into why she didn't squat- and I was telling her to keep working on it- because it's SUPER technical- and you are always continuing to tweak- you never "arrive" you continue to finesse the weak points of it to get as much out of it as you can.

That's interesting- I haven't considered that much- I did learn a lot watching Squat School with Marisa Indres? from Juggernaut- they did a really great break down on her form and how she was able to jump up so much- it's been very helpful- not like- earth shattering- but really helpful in getting a more consistent squat- and I can feel where I break down.

But I like the idea of watching comps and spotting failure points and what's working/not working. I like that.

Eblows tight is a big one for me- keeping my back tight- not so much my chest UP but my back right and meanwhile not trying to splay my ribs. Difficult thing to do for sure.

Yeah, Marisa Inda is a beast. She actually had a pretty bad squat day, but ended up winning the IPF World gold medals for deadlift and total, because Joy Nmera was overconfident and went for the world record deadlift on her second attempt and missed.