Culking Bishes!!! Winter2016 / Spring 2017

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Camping did me in. Scale going in the wrong direction - up 5 pounds! It's time to buckle down!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    @TresaAswegan looking great! Your muscle base is amazing

Had kind of an extravagant weekend, so hopefully it didn't put too much of a dent in my cut. I really gotta buckle down here. Maybe more consistent logging of the foods is in order, urg.. :s
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Camping did me in. Scale going in the wrong direction - up 5 pounds! It's time to buckle down!
    heh- me to- I'm pretty sure even walking almost 20 miles around DC didn't mitigate all the damage I did this weekend. My best gray slacks are horribly unflattening today.
    sardelsa wrote: »

Had kind of an extravagant weekend, so hopefully it didn't put too much of a dent in my cut. I really gotta buckle down here. Maybe more consistent logging of the foods is in order, urg.. :s
    heh Yeah- see above.
    me to- back on the case in a very very mean manner. I'm considering dropping calories 2000 seems to be too big for what I need- I haven't dropped enough fast enough- if it's a deficit at all- it's barely a deficit. :( womp womp.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options

JoRocka wrote: »
    heh- me to- I'm pretty sure even walking almost 20 miles around DC didn't mitigate all the damage I did this weekend. My best gray slacks are horribly unflattening today.

heh Yeah- see above.
    me to- back on the case in a very very mean manner. I'm considering dropping calories 2000 seems to be too big for what I need- I haven't dropped enough fast enough- if it's a deficit at all- it's barely a deficit. :( womp womp.

Oh no, I know you both wanted to avoid those things if at all possible.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Bumping up my kcals on recovery days to 2950, and 3450 on lifting days appears to have gotten me back to a minor surplus. Moving average weight for the previous week is now up 0.01 lbs. (that's not a typo), so I'll hold this for another week and see what happens.

I've already had slightly better recumbent and lifting sessions, and getting better sleep. Now I just need to try and stop myself from moving so damned much outside of training.
  • sardelsa
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »

heh Yeah- see above.

Oh no, I know you both wanted to avoid those things if at all possible.

Uch I know. Right now I am only tracking my low says.. but I may start to track my moderate days as well (even loosely) as well as everything up to dinner on weekends.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I need to keep spare pants at work_ I'm so distracted by my illfitting pants and how uncomfortable I am- I can't even work. This is effing stupid.

#crycry. I'm over emotional about what's going on today. Seriously- being a chick sucks sometimes.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    I need to keep spare pants at work_ I'm so distracted by my illfitting pants and how uncomfortable I am- I can't even work. This is effing stupid.

#crycry. I'm over emotional about what's going on today. Seriously- being a chick sucks sometimes.

Cardio makes me want to cry at least once a week.
    Srs.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options

Last week I was really mad at my uterus. F hormones was said a little too often! I just got angry - no crying.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Back from a one week trip in Italy where I ate all the carbs, pizza, pasta, bread (so much bread), gelato, you name it, I had it. In the process gained 1.5kg/3.3lbs which isn't bad considering all the carbs I ate & I wasnt tracking. Plan now is to "defluff" till I hit in or around 62kg/137lbs and get bulking again.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I'm 3 days in to a 12 day keto/RFL "experiment". Eating low calories/carbs is surprisingly easy with more fats and plenty of voluminous vegetables.

I am looking forward to re-feeding and not feeling flat and stringy constantly though. Weight is hovering around 220lbs and I'd imagine I'll be down under 215 by next Saturday (approximately 9% bodyfat).

Do many people cycle calories and carbohydrates drastically through a week? I'm considering 3 surplus day's (lifting), 2 maintenance days (cardio) and 2 low calorie/low carb days (rest). Will be roughly at maintenance before increasing lifting day calories for a nice long lean bulk. Anyone more knowledgable than me know if one could deplete glycogen enough in 36 hours to take advantage of supercompensation?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm 3 days in to a 12 day keto/RFL "experiment". Eating low calories/carbs is surprisingly easy with more fats and plenty of voluminous vegetables.

I am looking forward to re-feeding and not feeling flat and stringy constantly though. Weight is hovering around 220lbs and I'd imagine I'll be down under 215 by next Saturday (approximately 9% bodyfat).

Do many people cycle calories and carbohydrates drastically through a week? I'm considering 3 surplus day's (lifting), 2 maintenance days (cardio) and 2 low calorie/low carb days (rest). Will be roughly at maintenance before increasing lifting day calories for a nice long lean bulk. Anyone more knowledgable than me know if one could deplete glycogen enough in 36 hours to take advantage of supercompensation?

I was doing that for awhile, but I struggled on low carb days (~110g) due to the lack of volume. But I definitely loved the high carb days and even struggled to eat that many carbs (~320g). And held protein at 175g
  • trigden1991
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

I was doing that for awhile, but I struggled on low carb days (~110g) due to the lack of volume. But I definitely loved the high carb days and even struggled to eat that many carbs (~320g). And held protein at 175g

That was my only real concern. My low day's would be sub 100g and surplus day's around 650g of carbs. Mentally I can deal with it but unsure about physically. Will give it a go and see.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options

That was my only real concern. My low day's would be sub 100g and surplus day's around 650g of carbs. Mentally I can deal with it but unsure about physically. Will give it a go and see.

I think part of my problem is I dont tend to eat a lot of green leafy veggies (but love fruit), so it was a bit difficult for me to find the right combination of foods to keep with it.
  • trigden1991
    Options

I think part of my problem is I dont tend to eat a lot of green leafy veggies (but love fruit), so it was a bit difficult for me to find the right combination of foods to keep with it.

I know many people are the same. Strangely I'm not a big fruit eater and would rather have a bowl of leafy greens or broccoli.
  • sardelsa
    edited May 2017
    Options

I am kind of doing a variation of calorie cycling right now for my cut, I have two surplus days, three average days and two lower days. Right now my lower days aren't as low as they should be, I just can't get lower than 2K so I have to work with it. I have no idea about the supercompensation though.
  • JoRocka
    Options

Cardio makes me want to cry at least once a week.
    Srs.
    We whine a lot when we are on the stairmaster. But thankfully I have a cardio buddy- so we get usually a minimum of 25-35 min in- which is on average higher than I can go alone- usually my max is about 30 min. but we've been upwards of an hour on there- so team cardio buddy. ;)

but- it still sucks a**
    bioklutz wrote: »

Last week I was really mad at my uterus. F hormones was said a little too often! I just got angry - no crying.

yeah- I'm not a fan- I am bipolar about it- hate flip flops with wanting to cry. Seriously- hormones are the worst.
  • trigden1991
    Options

I am kind of doing a variation of calorie cycling right now for my cut, I have two surplus days, three average days and two lower days. Right now my lower days aren't as low as they should be, I just can't get lower than 2K so I have to work with it. I have no idea about the supercompensation though.

We've all been there. Out of interest, what are you calories and average deficit?
  • sardelsa
    Options

We've all been there. Out of interest, what are you calories and average deficit?

Right now my average (or at least what I am trying to aim for ) is 2500 cals, deficit of about -15% or so.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

heh Yeah- see above.

Me, too. I'm going to try to up the CO side first - ugh.