Culking Bishes!!! Winter2016 / Spring 2017

Options

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I just already do so much, I think I would drive myself crazy if I always had to "one up" or compete with myself. I also come from a competitive gymnastics and dance background and know I'm never getting that sort of body/strength/flexibility/ coordination back. I'm not competing, just living my life and getting older.

If anything, I'd say it's pretty damned admirable that you were able to transition into "let's keep this together" mode after coming from a competitive background. Hell, I'd much rather see someone who maintains your attitude, over all of the "I used to squat (insert likely BS amount here)" coming from the mouths of people who now have what look like packs of hotdogs on the back of their necks.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    @psuLemon :( I'd say eat some ice cream- always makes you feel better- but well- that's not going to help you or me. LMAO.

womp womp. I feel the same way about my pants. ALL THE FLUFF is keeping the clothes tight. I'm debating going to buy new pants- but I'm trying to hold out- in 15 pounds- they SHOULD fit. sigh. #strugglebusisreal

Chocolate marshmellow and Klondikes are what got me into this mess... and a pregnant wife.... super nauseated and can only eat a few things (ice cream is one of those things)... Ironically, she has lost 16 lbs so far. I'm jealous, ha.

Well it being pretty much summer, do you have dresses?

OMG! Have you had the caramel pretzel? I love those. I must try the chocolate marshmallow!

Funny - the talk of keeping bigger clothes. I did a closet purge a few months ago but I kept 3 pairs of jeans and 2 yoga pants that are a tad big because I was thinking about bulking again - before I even finished cutting!

I just finished the first week of thinner, leaner, stronger. I like it but am a little worried. Bench press once a week?!?! It just seems wrong.

I am a fairly equal opportunity Klondike eater. But the Chocolate Marshmallow was ice cream.. I realized I left that last part off.

I am starting to share similar concerns with BLS. While there is bench 2x a week (in the four day), I am thinking the frequency is lacking since most things are 1x a week (it's an upper/lower, but core lifts are only once a week).

I do like the simplicity of the program and the progression scheme, so it's definitely been on my head on whether to switch or not.

My program is, I am still seeing noob gains but am debating if I am leaving anything on the table.

Interesting. I had been debating TLS or BLS. It sounds like TLS might have a little more lower body work and BLS might have a little more upper body work?

I am also doing the 4 day split:
    Chest/Triceps/Calves
    Back/Butt/Biceps/ABS
    Shoulders/Calves
    Legs/Butt/ABS

It has me doing squats twice a week. Deadlift once, but RDL the next time. I am going to do it as written for the first 8 weeks. If I feel like I am not progressing I might just add a bench press to shoulder/calves day. I am tapped out for any gains on bench from my previous program so I really do need to do something different.

@Gallowmere1984 - Truly awesome deltoids!

Ditto, Gallowmere!

It's funny how different perceptions can be. I learned on TLS. I didn't know until I joined MFP a year ago that a five-day split isn't a normal starting point. My schedule changed (it's my husband's turn for the year to go to the gym 3 weekday mornings, so I only have 4 days available to me for weight training) a few months ago and I switched to A Workout Routine's Upper/Lower split. At first I liked it, but I think that was just the newness of it. I just switched back to a 4 day split because I didn't feel like any body part except legs was getting enough attention.

I'm going to keep this for the summer and then try my hand at BLS over the winter.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    @DancingMoosie I think you asked me about my Old Navy jean leggings?
    I totally put together a picture for you- and now I can't get it to the computer. LOL womp womp- why MFP won't let you load pictures off your phone into a thread yet is beyond me.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I totally put together a picture for you- and now I can't get it to the computer. LOL womp womp- why MFP won't let you load pictures off your phone into a thread yet is beyond me.

You can. In fact, it's the only way I do it ;)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I know these 3 pounds I am up are pre-TOM pounds. I do not suck this bad at cutting. (Just talking myself down over here. Don't mind me.)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options

Idk how to load them to a thread, but it's easy to do in your status update. I don't think I'm on your friends list...
  • JoRocka
    Options

You can. In fact, it's the only way I do it ;)

how? I can see it on the computer you can select a file (finally) used to be photobucket only!!!

but I'm not seeing it on my mobile.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Tonights dinner.

Jorocka, there is a camera next to the smiley icon. Click that. You can select choose file.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    i definitely do not have a camera next to my smile face.
    A B and I and a Paragraph symble- and a smile face. :(
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    @leajas1 I would be interested in a comparison if you do BLS.

@psuLemon Where is the rest of your dinner? It looks like you only got a picture of the side salad. :D
  • psuLemon
    Options

Can you screenshot your reply box?
  • psuLemon
    edited May 2017
    Options

@psuLemon Where is the rest of your dinner? It looks like you only got a picture of the side salad. :D

2 cups of spinach, 130g of black beans, 90g of corn, 75g of avocado, 14g of cheese, 4 tbsp of salsa, 2 tbsp of ranch, one roma tomato, 45g of basmati rice (with lime, salt and parsley - very similar to the chipotle rice). I was going to add some chicken, but I didn't have any unfrozen and i was too lazy to unfreeze it.

And the bowl is something like 14". So it's a ton of volume.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options

2 cups of spinach, 130g of black beans, 90g of corn, 75g of avocado, 14g of cheese, 4 tbsp of salsa, 2 tbsp of ranch, one roma tomato, 45g of basmati rice (with lime, salt and parsley - very similar to the chipotle rice). I was going to add some chicken, but I didn't have any unfrozen and i was too lazy to unfreeze it.

And the bowl is something like 14". So it's a ton of volume.

Oh! That sounds pretty tasty!
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    Any other ladies find the scale only moves like two weeks out of the month? That seems to be my trend lately..
  • JoRocka
    Options

Can you screenshot your reply box?
    yeah- let me see if I can get it on my work computer and load it from my desk top. I have it there.
    Any other ladies find the scale only moves like two weeks out of the month? That seems to be my trend lately..

yes- slow- so very slow. And I can see it more than I can see the scale. super annoying.

• JoRocka
    Options
    soj8zji2qknv.png

there ya go- unless I'm totally mental.. I'm not seeing it.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    holy giant picture batman. WTF.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options

I'll have to take the time this summer to really sit down and read the book and make sure that I understand it. Except for my brief Upper/Lower split stint I've been strictly 3 sets, 8 reps.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    soj8zji2qknv.png

there ya go- unless I'm totally mental.. I'm not seeing it.

Are you using the app to go into the forums? Because I use the web browser on my phone. I wonder if going to the forums through the app is what is causing the issue.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    @psuLemon yes- I use the app- there ya go. I haven't tried using the browser- that's a good idea.