Culking Bishes!!! Winter2016 / Spring 2017

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    but- my pants were on fu*king fire yesterday.
    so there is that.

You told a lie?

LOL - JK. I saw them. They were hot. ;)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    so there is that.

You told a lie?

BAW HA HA HA HA

super hero's only lie when it's important!!! kind of like when I told hubby I was done buying pants from GRRRL for a while.

yeah- kind of a lie. I mean- I mean it- I don't NEED new pants- but well. if they come out with hot new pants- well I'm boned.
    They did their design competition- so they have 4 pairs they are releasing- so odds are I'll get the magical unicorn ones.
  • AMSmit88
    AMSmit88 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    so there is that.

You told a lie?

BAW HA HA HA HA

super hero's only lie when it's important!!! kind of like when I told hubby I was done buying pants from GRRRL for a while.

yeah- kind of a lie. I mean- I mean it- I don't NEED new pants- but well. if they come out with hot new pants- well I'm boned.
    They did their design competition- so they have 4 pairs they are releasing- so odds are I'll get the magical unicorn ones.

Oh my god the unicorn ones are a basic gym essential. Apologies in advance to my bank account. Also clocked your superhero leggings. Awesome AF.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I.cannot.wait. for the unicorn ones.

The superhero cartoon ones are AwesomeAF- I have absolutely zero regrets for purchasing them. none. I waited a long time for them- so no regrats at all. :D
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options

The superhero cartoon ones are AwesomeAF- I have absolutely zero regrets for purchasing them. none. I waited a long time for them- so no regrats at all. :D

You all prompted me to look back at the site and figure out my size, which I had trouble with. My measurements don't quite match up (my waist to hip ratio doesn't fit). What's your advice for sizing?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I looked at their site and thought the shorts looked nice. I'm between sizes though. I don't think they would work. The smaller sizes look super tiny (smaller than any xs or size 0 I've ever seen) and the shorts are a combo size, but wrong for me.
  • JoRocka
    edited May 2017
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »

You all prompted me to look back at the site and figure out my size, which I had trouble with. My measurements don't quite match up (my waist to hip ratio doesn't fit). What's your advice for sizing?

check the material content-the higher cotton content (like the raceway leggings) you need to make sure they ACTUALLY fit- i.e. they have little to no stretch. DEFINITELY read the comments- b/c they frequently will say- these fit snug- if you like it more slouchy- order up a size.

Check the athlete body themselves- not just measurements- that helps me to- visually- I know it's not exactly the same- but you're like- oh- okay- that's what that looks like.

@DancingMoosie I typically wear kortney- but some of them are split sizing- so I go to the larger size so for me its' Kort/Monique. They fit pretty well when I do it that way. Going smaller never works since these are designed to be small. Check IG to- and clock the women using the pants- lots of different shapes. Their customer service is bomb.com also.

Side note- I need to vent? not the right word- express relief?
    2 girls at my gym- my friend just told me- they are 100% using gear of some sort.

I'm relived because I get frustrated watching them when they DO chose to squat- squatting what I can do -and I know they haven't trained that hard for that long. but hard not to feel some time of way about it.

I've spent years getting my "gainz" up- and I don't be grudge anyone for doing what it takes to be successful. They still work mad hard.

But both of them are new to really training- and it kills me they got sucked into that *kitten* so early. Kills me.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    It looks like I'd be between Cassie and kandyce, but that's not the way the sizes split. I usually wear a 0-2(danskinnow and old Navy)
  • leajas1
    Options

check the material content-the higher cotton content (like the raceway leggings) you need to make sure they ACTUALLY fit- i.e. they have little to no stretch. DEFINITELY read the comments- b/c they frequently will say- these fit snug- if you like it more slouchy- order up a size.

Check the athlete body themselves- not just measurements- that helps me to- visually- I know it's not exactly the same- but you're like- oh- okay- that's what that looks like.

@DancingMoosie I typically wear kortney- but some of them are split sizing- so I go to the larger size so for me its' Kort/Monique. They fit pretty well when I do it that way. Going smaller never works since these are designed to be small. Check IG to- and clock the women using the pants- lots of different shapes. Their customer service is bomb.com also.

2 girls at my gym- my friend just told me- they are 100% using gear of some sort.

I'm relived because I get frustrated watching them when they DO chose to squat- squatting what I can do -and I know they haven't trained that hard for that long. but hard not to feel some time of way about it.

I've spent years getting my "gainz" up- and I don't be grudge anyone for doing what it takes to be successful. They still work mad hard.

But both of them are new to really training- and it kills me they got sucked into that *kitten* so early. Kills me.

Thanks!

Yes, they still have to work for it, but I think they're missing a really meaningful sense of the type of community one gets among the natty folks. The struggle, the length of time commitment to hit goals that always seem just out of reach.... It's different, but to each his own...no judgement. (Also, having never done it I could be completely off on my perspective).
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

Thanks!

Yes, they still have to work for it, but I think they're missing a really meaningful sense of the type of community one gets among the natty folks. The struggle, the length of time commitment to hit goals that always seem just out of reach.... It's different, but to each his own...no judgement. (Also, having never done it I could be completely off on my perspective).

They have their own struggles, just a different kind. Swing by the anabolicminds forum one day, if you want to see what I mean. The community is definitely smaller than it once was, but there's still a huge group of very knowledgeable guys and girls who troubleshoot hormonal imbalances, give dietary advice, cycle and pct adjustments, etc.

It's really not much different than what one would experience here, as they are a lot more evidence based these days as well. It's just that their evidence for certain things relies a lot more on n=1 stuff and bloodwork, for really obvious reasons.
  • leajas1
    Options

Thanks!

They have their own struggles, just a different kind. Swing by the anabolicminds forum one day, if you want to see what I mean. The community is definitely smaller than it once was, but there's still a huge group of very knowledgeable guys and girls who troubleshoot hormonal imbalances, give dietary advice, cycle and pct adjustments, etc.

It's really not much different than what one would experience here, as they are a lot more evidence based these days as well. It's just that their evidence for certain things relies a lot more on n=1 stuff and bloodwork, for really obvious reasons.

Thanks for broadening my view. Good to know they're being smart/careful with it.
  • JoRocka
    Options

Thanks!

I think one of the reasons it makes me sad? is that there are guys who have been lifting years- and yes they are on gear. and I am the first one to defend their choice to people who side eye them. But these young pups (girls and guys)- get roped into this early and want to see success- and I think they don't realize that they guys taking have been lifting for years.
    So it's sad to watch them get so started so early without building a base.

And I admit- I feel some kind of way- struggling for years to make progress and watch these young folks come in and smashing things. I know it will only get worse as I age.

I am always amused when people say big guys taking steroids are dumb- truly successful people aren't dumb- there is a lot of energy that goes into training to look good. They have to have their wits about them.

Sure there are big meat heads out there- but really successful people aren't stupid.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

Thanks!

I think one of the reasons it makes me sad? is that there are guys who have been lifting years- and yes they are on gear. and I am the first one to defend their choice to people who side eye them. But these young pups (girls and guys)- get roped into this early and want to see success- and I think they don't realize that they guys taking have been lifting for years.
    So it's sad to watch them get so started so early without building a base.

And I admit- I feel some kind of way- struggling for years to make progress and watch these young folks come in and smashing things. I know it will only get worse as I age.

I am always amused when people say big guys taking steroids are dumb- truly successful people aren't dumb- there is a lot of energy that goes into training to look good. They have to have their wits about them.

Sure there are big meat heads out there- but really successful people aren't stupid.

That's actually the most common advice I see given to newer lifters. Something along the lines of "get your diet and training in order, and come back in a few years."

Of course, many don't listen, and at that point, I'm glad those guys still commence to dispensing advice instead of telling said newer lifters to get bent. Even if they aren't making the best choice, I'd rather them at least have solid advice, as opposed to just winging it and completely wrecking themselves, hormonally.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Gallowmere- I would say 75% of the people who admit to at the very least using T will say the same thing.
    I remember we all were arguing with a 17 year old- strong AF- and he wanted to start cycling. literally everyone at the desk (where we all hang out when not lifting) was like- dude no. just eat. and lift.

So least most of the time it's solid. I appreciate the work they put in- and the fact they really do try to encourage people to lift for real first.

I just was going through my phone deleting pictures- and old squat videos came up- I'm surprised- that even in the last two years how much bigger and meatier I look now.

Also- someone commented yesterday with my squats (I was wearing shorts) he goes- dude- your hamstring is as big as my effing head.

Apparently at the bottom of my squat that ish just pops the f**k out. I was like- I know right- *kitten* is sexy isn't it!
    I don't think everyone appreciates a good hammy.

Anyway- I'm looking thick as hell and haven't dropped a lot of weight- trying to get a real handle on food- cardio is happening regularly- but food still seems to be an issue- I definitely look leaner- but still thick. So more more more.
  • leajas1
    Options
    I finished a second round of ELEL last week and dropped another 7 lbs, but I need to be done with that now and any more fat I lose needs to be lost the old fashioned say....moderate deficit and working my *kitten* off in the gym.

I'm happy with myself from the front, but the back (my lower half) is just a mess. I hold the majority of my stubborn fat in my butt and back thighs and it's extremely annoying to keep losing from places I don't really need or want to in order to chip away at my booty.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I finished a second round of ELEL last week and dropped another 7 lbs, but I need to be done with that now and any more fat I lose needs to be lost the old fashioned say....moderate deficit and working my *kitten* off in the gym.

I'm happy with myself from the front, but the back (my lower half) is just a mess. I hold the majority of my stubborn fat in my butt and back thighs and it's extremely annoying to keep losing from places I don't really need or want to in order to chip away at my booty.

I am the same way when it comes to losing fat. I get so frustrated. Let's hope my bulk did something right and I built some muscle there so when I lose more definition shows through.
  • leajas1
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

I am the same way when it comes to losing fat. I get so frustrated. Let's hope my bulk did something right and I built some muscle there so when I lose more definition shows through.

That is my hope and one of the reasons I decided to bulk. Even at 120lbs I still had cellulite and I decided that I'd focus on building some muscle in that area and see if that helped. If not, then I'll need to work on coming to terms with the fact that I've got a lot of body positives and I'll just have to not look back there anymore.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Haha! My butt and the back of my thighs is a horrible mess too! There is also a lot of cellulite. I am not hopeful for a big improvement. At least the actual shape of my butt has improved!
  • AMSmit88
    AMSmit88 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    2 months into the cut and I'm down 4kg. Was beating up on myself pretty hard because I don't really feel like I look any different, but having done some picture comparison I actually do look pretty lean & strong so should stop being so hard on myself. Unlike the rest of you ladies, my problem area is always my stomach, but it's flattening and top abs are starting to make an appearance. Just need the rest to join the party now!

On holiday for a week as of next Weds, so going to be having a re-feed week before coming back and going at it with a more moderate deficit. Will be doing it the old fashioned way too @leajas1 !!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    After a week in Barclona, eating lots (4-5k calories) and walking lots (19km a day), I am back in a deficit. Scale weight is up slightly but don't think I gained any real fat.

Current structure is 4 diet days, 2 days in a deficit but high carbs and 1 re-feed day. Should be on track to lose 4-8lbs of fat in the 4 weeks before my next holiday.

As a bit of an experiment I am adding in some MISS cardio on the stairmaster as my last stint involved no "purposeful" cardio.