sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    leajas1 wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Wanted to give this a friendly bump.

How is everyone doing?
    I have one more week of my bulk. I am kind of getting run down so actually looking forward to easing into my cut.

Cutting hasn't been the best for me. Life is definitely getting in the way; our 17 month old has been sick a few times. So trying to get back on track now.

But my wife and I have another little one on the way, so that is exciting.

Wow, congrats! How is your wife doing?

Overall pretty good, although 1st trimester and eating do not mix with her. But we got a heart beat which is exciting.

Awwww... those first moments are so precious! (I'm not getting broody... I'm not getting broody... :p:D )
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »
    Wanted to give this a friendly bump.

How is everyone doing?
    I have one more week of my bulk. I am kind of getting run down so actually looking forward to easing into my cut.

Cutting hasn't been the best for me. Life is definitely getting in the way; our 17 month old has been sick a few times. So trying to get back on track now.

But my wife and I have another little one on the way, so that is exciting.

Wow, congrats! How is your wife doing?

Overall pretty good, although 1st trimester and eating do not mix with her. But we got a heart beat which is exciting.

Yes, definitely the most exciting part of having a baby. Then, for me, skip ahead 6 years and everything is fun again :neutral:

• not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    Cutting is going well for me, just starting my third week (of 4) of UD2.0. After my 2 week diet break the scale showed 235lbs with no real gain in waist measurement so I call that a success. New low weigh in of 220.3lbs last friday and waist is down to 34.75".

The diet days are pretty tough at the prescribed calorie level and depletion workouts and cardio are a real mind game to make it through and not quit. But I am enjoying the re-feed days where I am fortunate enough to need to eat around 1400-1600g of carbs on day 1 and 600-1000g on day 2 (depending on how much I spill over).

13 more days and I hope I'll be sub 10% bodyfat just in time for my first holiday of the year.

That is a lot of carbs. :o
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Cutting is going well for me, just starting my third week (of 4) of UD2.0. After my 2 week diet break the scale showed 235lbs with no real gain in waist measurement so I call that a success. New low weigh in of 220.3lbs last friday and waist is down to 34.75".

The diet days are pretty tough at the prescribed calorie level and depletion workouts and cardio are a real mind game to make it through and not quit. But I am enjoying the re-feed days where I am fortunate enough to need to eat around 1400-1600g of carbs on day 1 and 600-1000g on day 2 (depending on how much I spill over).

13 more days and I hope I'll be sub 10% bodyfat just in time for my first holiday of the year.

That is a lot of carbs. :o

Yes indeed. 16g/lb of bodyweight to be exact. It's fun up to about 1000g then the rest is force fed.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    @psuLemon Congrats to you and your wife!

@JoRocka That schedule sounds painful - crash and burn painful. Take care of yourself.

@sardelsa Are you going to sit at maintenance for a tiny bit or go immediately into cutting? I think I remember you were trying to decide.

Cutting has been going well for me. Eating heavier one day a week has really helped with monthly hormonal changes and a deficit. I think I have about 2 weeks left!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    @bioklutz it's a little tenuous. I'm ready to give up a job- I have 5 and I'm ready to give one up.
    I actually really struggle with spare time- my anxiety and depression creep in when I have to much spare time- so I tend to schedule/block myself fairly full b/c I just get anxious when I don't know what to do with myself.

I suppose I could retrain my self to some extent- my constant go go go is a self defeating cycle (feeling ancious b/c I"m not doing things- do all the things- do all the things- no doing something- BUT I"M SUPPOSED TO BE DOING SOMETHING > more anxiety> schedule more things> get more tired> get anxious I'm missing something> etc etc.

But I could use some breathing room for sure.
  • sardelsa
    Options
    @bioklutz I think I am going to sit at maintenance for a week then go into my cut. I don't really know if I will start tracking or not.. maybe a few days to see where my macros fall.
  • bioklutz
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    @bioklutz it's a little tenuous. I'm ready to give up a job- I have 5 and I'm ready to give one up.
    I actually really struggle with spare time- my anxiety and depression creep in when I have to much spare time- so I tend to schedule/block myself fairly full b/c I just get anxious when I don't know what to do with myself.

I suppose I could retrain my self to some extent- my constant go go go is a self defeating cycle (feeling ancious b/c I"m not doing things- do all the things- do all the things- no doing something- BUT I"M SUPPOSED TO BE DOING SOMETHING > more anxiety> schedule more things> get more tired> get anxious I'm missing something> etc etc.

But I could use some breathing room for sure.

Ya...that sucks. Some of that is hard wired with depression and anxiety. Some people seem to do better with a tightly structured schedule but it is exhausting. And of course when things don't go as planned it can cause more anxiety and depression. It is an annoying balancing act to take care of oneself and stay busy enough. Hopefully dropping one of your jobs will help get you there!
  • bioklutz
    Options
    BOOM! I weighed 104.8 this morning! I am going to give it a few more days at a deficit to see if it is just an odd ball fluctuation.

I was just calculating what my maintenance calories would be and it is higher than 1900. I had 3 high unknown days this month so I can't be exactly sure. Next grocery store trip Talenti is going in the cart and I should have room for 2 servings!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Hit a 4 year low of 219lbs yesterday. Encroaching on 10% bf and starting to look half decent without clothes. However I'm well into DYEL status with a shirt. The mind games are strong when dieting.

UD2.0 has been by far the most successful programme/diet that I've ever run. I wasn't mentally prepared for how savage depletion workouts and a tension workout after 5 days of low calories would be.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Soooo...after a week and a half of another 2000 kcals/week, I am up a whopping 0.1/lbs. 500+g carbs per day=cannot stop moving.
  • sardelsa
    Options
    Soooo...after a week and a half of another 2000 kcals/week, I am up a whopping 0.1/lbs. 500+g carbs per day=cannot stop moving.

Are you back on the gain train now or are you going to hang out at maintenance for a while? I don't remember
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options

Are you back on the gain train now or are you going to hang out at maintenance for a while? I don't remember

Kind of just slowly upping kcals to help enforce training progress. Ultimately, I'd prefer to arrive at late November no heavier than 175 (currently 169.2). A ten lbs. weight cut for a 24 hour weigh-in is a joke. So long as my lifts stay on track for my planned openers, I see no need to increase intake.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I learned something very valuable yesterday. Heavy squat day + sinus infect = not so fun (although, I did still increase volume; (W x S x R) 235x6x4, 235x4x2, 235x3x1)
  • sardelsa
    Options
    My bulk is officially over! 8 months, about 12lbs gained. I look and feel amazing, super pleased with how it went. Now gradually cutting down the cals and next week maybe adding in some cardio :p
  • JoRocka
    Options
    My bulk is officially over! 8 months, about 12lbs gained. I look and feel amazing, super pleased with how it went. Now gradually cutting down the cals and next week maybe adding in some cardio :p

welcome to the cardio train!!!

I'd link my IG video I posted today- but apparently you can no longer do that here in MFP land.
    WOMP WOMP_ but yeah- CardioMFCARDIO!!!

I'm feeling okay about my food and my cut- I look better- but dropping weight is SLOW. I need to do progress pictures this weekend I think- and then dig up my old picture just at the end of my bulk and see what I looked like- i'm not UNHAPPY- but I'm fighting the urge to complain about being fat.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Bump.
    How we doing?

I'm pretty much dying all the time. I have a nice chest cut coming in- but ugh- the waist- still fluffy. more cardio.
  • Gallowmere1984
    edited May 2017
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Bump.
    How we doing?

I'm pretty much dying all the time. I have a nice chest cut coming in- but ugh- the waist- still fluffy. more cardio.

Finally back to gaining about 0.5 lbs./week. Only realistically going to be able to run this for about 12-13 weeks though before I need to hit at least a 7 day RFL cut. Unless my lifts just start going stupid high from the increase (don't see that happening), I'm not willing to drift any higher than 175 or so until after December.