Culking Bishes!!! Winter2016 / Spring 2017

Options

Replies

• leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    2 months into the cut and I'm down 4kg. Was beating up on myself pretty hard because I don't really feel like I look any different, but having done some picture comparison I actually do look pretty lean & strong so should stop being so hard on myself. Unlike the rest of you ladies, my problem area is always my stomach, but it's flattening and top abs are starting to make an appearance. Just need the rest to join the party now!

On holiday for a week as of next Weds, so going to be having a re-feed week before coming back and going at it with a more moderate deficit. Will be doing it the old fashioned way too @leajas1 !!

Enjoy your holiday! What does a moderate deficit look like for you? I'll be at around 1450 calories and that's just to lose .5 lbs/week. I probably won't shy away from one day/week at 1800, though.
  • AMSmit88
    AMSmit88 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »
    2 months into the cut and I'm down 4kg. Was beating up on myself pretty hard because I don't really feel like I look any different, but having done some picture comparison I actually do look pretty lean & strong so should stop being so hard on myself. Unlike the rest of you ladies, my problem area is always my stomach, but it's flattening and top abs are starting to make an appearance. Just need the rest to join the party now!

On holiday for a week as of next Weds, so going to be having a re-feed week before coming back and going at it with a more moderate deficit. Will be doing it the old fashioned way too @leajas1 !!

Enjoy your holiday! What does a moderate deficit look like for you? I'll be at around 1450 calories and that's just to lose .5 lbs/week. I probably won't shy away from one day/week at 1800, though.

I'm going to start at 1600 and see how I go - a higher calorie day/week seems an excellent plan though...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I lurked in this thread from the beginning. I was just watching to get pointers for when the day came I decided to cut or bulk.

I'm apparently at a point to join in. Powerlifting coach wants me to get down to 158 by August (lower weight division for competitions). I was 170.0 this morning. Running IIFYM with a calorie goal of ~1900 per day. So, 12 pounds in 11 weeks with summer and vacation thrown in. :#

Last day to sign up for regionals is July 6th, so we'll see then whether it's even feasible to make 158 by Aug 5.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I lurked in this thread from the beginning. I was just watching to get pointers for when the day came I decided to cut or bulk.

I'm apparently at a point to join in. Powerlifting coach wants me to get down to 158 by August (lower weight division for competitions). I was 170.0 this morning. Running IIFYM with a calorie goal of ~1900 per day. So, 12 pounds in 11 weeks with summer and vacation thrown in. :#

Last day to sign up for regionals is July 6th, so we'll see then whether it's even feasible to make 158 by Aug 5.

Awesome cutting calories!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    uuughh. I'm officially frustrated and annoyed.

I cannot fit into ANY of my jeans. My husband really hates/gets annoyed with cooking - and he is only here 2 nights of the week so it's usually manageable- but he was off 2 extra days- and essentially we've been out to eat 3 of the 4 days he was here? I think. Maybe 4- don't remember since I'm busy- but *kitten*- so much salt- even when trying to make good choices- it's still a lot.

I'm doing regular cardio - but apparently it's not enough. I don't get how roughly 2K a day isn't doing it for me. I'm irrationally annoyed that I can't lose around 2K- usually for me to drop it's got to be under 2k- maybe even 1800.

sigh. So depressing and annoying.

having a bad day emotionally with the whole "not losing weight" aspect of this process. Just really frustrating. But long haul- looking for the long haul. not panicking yet.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    uuughh. I'm officially frustrated and annoyed.

I cannot fit into ANY of my jeans. My husband really hates/gets annoyed with cooking - and he is only here 2 nights of the week so it's usually manageable- but he was off 2 extra days- and essentially we've been out to eat 3 of the 4 days he was here? I think. Maybe 4- don't remember since I'm busy- but *kitten*- so much salt- even when trying to make good choices- it's still a lot.

I'm doing regular cardio - but apparently it's not enough. I don't get how roughly 2K a day isn't doing it for me. I'm irrationally annoyed that I can't lose around 2K- usually for me to drop it's got to be under 2k- maybe even 1800.

sigh. So depressing and annoying.

having a bad day emotionally with the whole "not losing weight" aspect of this process. Just really frustrating. But long haul- looking for the long haul. not panicking yet.

Frustrating yes, but it's just a little blip in the long scheme of things..you got this!

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I couldn't get into my skinny jeans either...it is frustrating. I'm trying to cut back on peanuts (easiest thing for a cut since I can practically live off them) but now I'm hungry. My BP was also very low this morning.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    It's high carb day, and pizza is happening! I'm super excited about it. :p
  • JoRocka
    Options
    It's high carb day, and pizza is happening! I'm super excited about it. :p

I'm massively jealous. After all the dining out- I'm on a strict eggs diet for the new few days. womp womp- no pizza for me. :(
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Haven't really lost too much weight (~5 lbs this whole time); have struggle with some compliance issues for a variety of personal stuff happening (son has been sick (yea daycare), wife's ego is preggo, friend deployed so I am helping his family, etc...), which has turned into a slight recomp (nice consequence) but all my work shirts are tight in the chest now. So apparently my man boobs are on the rise. And debating of switching from BLS to PHUL or PHAT to increase frequency to see if it alleviates some soreness.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    @psuLemon :( I'd say eat some ice cream- always makes you feel better- but well- that's not going to help you or me. LMAO.

womp womp. I feel the same way about my pants. ALL THE FLUFF is keeping the clothes tight. I'm debating going to buy new pants- but I'm trying to hold out- in 15 pounds- they SHOULD fit. sigh. #strugglebusisreal
  • psuLemon
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @psuLemon :( I'd say eat some ice cream- always makes you feel better- but well- that's not going to help you or me. LMAO.

womp womp. I feel the same way about my pants. ALL THE FLUFF is keeping the clothes tight. I'm debating going to buy new pants- but I'm trying to hold out- in 15 pounds- they SHOULD fit. sigh. #strugglebusisreal

Chocolate marshmellow and Klondikes are what got me into this mess... and a pregnant wife.... super nauseated and can only eat a few things (ice cream is one of those things)... Ironically, she has lost 16 lbs so far. I'm jealous, ha.

Well it being pretty much summer, do you have dresses?
  • JoRocka
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

Chocolate marshmellow and Klondikes are what got me into this mess... and a pregnant wife.... super nauseated and can only eat a few things (ice cream is one of those things)... Ironically, she has lost 16 lbs so far. I'm jealous, ha.

mmhmmm chocolate marshmellow sounds delish.

I feel bad for your wife though- being sick all the time is crappy- but I mean- I guess losing isn't awful (within reason obviously)

Yes- I do- but well- I've taken over as resident engineer for the last eff up who was running projects- which means a lot more site visits and trips- which means pants. Sometimes jeans- sometimes slacks- I have about 3 pairs of slacks I can wear at this point-which i'm not mad at- but trying to go out with my uber casual husband always makes me look crazy over dressed- and sometimes you know- I just want to wear jeans LOL. Upside my 2 pair of skinny jeans are totally fine- so I can rock those- but my super comfie slouchy jeans? they don't fit at this point .which is sigh. just sadness.

So slacks- skinny jeans and dresses will be the go to right now.

I'm actually considering paring down my wardrobe significantly- like- set clothes for M-F (with alternates for meetings or field visits)- I have a lot of clothes- and I don't have that much room- so need to get it under control- and also it's a headache trying to get dressed in the morning when I have to pick something. will be easier to just grab "monday's" out fit and call it a day. You know? sounds crazy-but well- Thoreau was on to something "simplify simplify simplify"
  • psuLemon
    edited May 2017
    Options

mmhmmm chocolate marshmellow sounds delish.

I feel bad for your wife though- being sick all the time is crappy- but I mean- I guess losing isn't awful (within reason obviously)

Yes- I do- but well- I've taken over as resident engineer for the last eff up who was running projects- which means a lot more site visits and trips- which means pants. Sometimes jeans- sometimes slacks- I have about 3 pairs of slacks I can wear at this point-which i'm not mad at- but trying to go out with my uber casual husband always makes me look crazy over dressed- and sometimes you know- I just want to wear jeans LOL. Upside my 2 pair of skinny jeans are totally fine- so I can rock those- but my super comfie slouchy jeans? they don't fit at this point .which is sigh. just sadness.

So slacks- skinny jeans and dresses will be the go to right now.

I'm actually considering paring down my wardrobe significantly- like- set clothes for M-F (with alternates for meetings or field visits)- I have a lot of clothes- and I don't have that much room- so need to get it under control- and also it's a headache trying to get dressed in the morning when I have to pick something. will be easier to just grab "monday's" out fit and call it a day. You know? sounds crazy-but well- Thoreau was on to something "simplify simplify simplify"

I get what you are saying. I am pretty much the same. I have dress clothes (a few suits), a handful of polos, and golf shirts. I try to keep it streamline. But I wear fitted dress shirts (because I can now (gotta GQ that *kitten* up) and swim in regular fit). I think kohls has some stretch fit stuff that could fit your creteria to streamline and still rock it out.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I've been living in 2 pairs of penny's pants. Their worthington line is working out okay for me thus far.

(and my old navy stretch jeggins- yeah- I said it) they are amazing.

I'm sad they closed the closest kohls to me- we have one the other direction- but I NEVER go over there- so womp womp- it's not something I would drive over to go visit unless I had some other reason to be there.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I've been living in 2 pairs of penny's pants. Their worthington line is working out okay for me thus far.

I'm sad they closed the closest kohls to me- we have one the other direction- but I NEVER go over there- so womp womp- it's not something I would drive over to go visit unless I had some other reason to be there.

I put away several pairs of my nicer work pants in the back of my closet as I got smaller, just for when I get to bulk. Another thing I learned lurking in here.
  • JoRocka
    Options

I put away several pairs of my nicer work pants in the back of my closet as I got smaller, just for when I get to bulk. Another thing I learned lurking in here.

yeppers- I actually have a "summer" bin down stairs- and all my winter clothes are big and they are upstairs- I haven't swapped out yet winter/summer. I actually never put my jeans away- and I felt like I might actually fit into the jeans- but nope. Might be time to relegate them to the "thin" bin. maybe a "thin bin" and a "fat bin" instead of summer/winter.
  • leajas1
    edited May 2017
    Options

I know you have more calories to play around with than I do, but I just tried the Enlightened Hot Chocolate ice cream bar last night and it's pretty good for a chocolate/marshmallow fix. I recommend it.

yeppers- I actually have a "summer" bin down stairs- and all my winter clothes are big and they are upstairs- I haven't swapped out yet winter/summer. I actually never put my jeans away- and I felt like I might actually fit into the jeans- but nope. Might be time to relegate them to the "thin" bin. maybe a "thin bin" and a "fat bin" instead of summer/winter.

This is the very first year I have summer vs winter clothes. Up until last summer I pretty much just wore pants and t shirts all winter and capris when it was really hot. I finally felt confident enough to get rid of my "big" clothes. Although, I will say that the clothes I get now are generally stretchy or flowy so that I can gain/lose 10 lbs and it won't be a big deal.

Hang in there with the cut!
  • leajas1
    Options
    This is how my week is going, although it looks worse than it actually is. Pretty sure it's due to the jump in calories (a number that will not be named to 1700) and then back to lifting after a two week break. But the slow daily creep is just so weird to me. Glad to be back down even by a little this morning. kkoh5lqte9dd.png