Culking Bishes!!! Winter2016 / Spring 2017

Options

Replies

• leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I have not been here in quite a while. Finished my bulk this past Sunday. Total gained 14 pounds, date started Nov 4th.

The last two 1/2 to three weeks I basically maintained at 2100 calories (nope, this shorty could not bulk above that, sad face)..

Slow cut for me... backed calories from 2100 to 1800 not that bad (YET :# ), but mentally losing those calories has made me sad. :'(

I did meet my "I have bulked till I can't stand myself any longer" BUT my starting point lean wise was a wise choice. Let the summer cut begin. :)

Well done!
  • leajas1
    Options
    I completed my first two weeks of ELEL and was able to drop 11.5 lbs (it's less impressive when you know I gained 11 the week before, but....) Yesterday started a two week diet break and I was down another two on the scale this morning so that was nice. I'm interested to see what another two week cycle of ELEL will bring without the major binge session right before it. It should bring me right to goal.

I ate IF style (16:8 - is that how you write it?) during ELEL and it was really great. I wouldn't do it normally, but I think it's the way too go for this program.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I had a big dance intensive this weekend- which included 3 hours of yoga prep in the morning- then 2-4 hours of training at night. Lots of on my feet stuff- and shelping *kitten* back and forth to hotel to venue- so lots of things- I prepped my own food and took it with me- which was awesome. Only paid for real meal food once- I feel pleased.

Felt kind of bloated by the time I was done for some reason- unsure on that- but definitely wasn't feeling myself yesterday.
    BUT- dance intensive- and I got a good back workout Saturday morning in and a quick 45 down and dirty shoulder workout in on Sunday. #happyhappy.

I jumped on an "unknown" scale (a friends)- and it clocked me in at 176. so I'm pleased I dropped almost 10 pounds off the bat with just cutting calories to 2000 and upping the cardio. So- hopefully I can get down to 165 with this plan- but we'll see. I hate dropping calories- and under 1800 is torture. stupid slow *kitten* metabolism.

kills me when I see women who are like "I maintain at 2k- and I only lift"
    FML- why is my metabolism such *kitten*. :( cry cry cry
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I had a big dance intensive this weekend- which included 3 hours of yoga prep in the morning- then 2-4 hours of training at night. Lots of on my feet stuff- and shelping *kitten* back and forth to hotel to venue- so lots of things- I prepped my own food and took it with me- which was awesome. Only paid for real meal food once- I feel pleased.

Felt kind of bloated by the time I was done for some reason- unsure on that- but definitely wasn't feeling myself yesterday.
    BUT- dance intensive- and I got a good back workout Saturday morning in and a quick 45 down and dirty shoulder workout in on Sunday. #happyhappy.

I jumped on an "unknown" scale (a friends)- and it clocked me in at 176. so I'm pleased I dropped almost 10 pounds off the bat with just cutting calories to 2000 and upping the cardio. So- hopefully I can get down to 165 with this plan- but we'll see. I hate dropping calories- and under 1800 is torture. stupid slow *kitten* metabolism.

Lifting may be their only intentional exercise, but they may be more active in general during the day. My 8-10 miles walked per day isn't all at once, and though it is intentional, it's also done largely while I am at work. I've just taken a more active approach to jobsite and lab oversight.
  • josh_is_fit
    josh_is_fit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Any fellow competitors on here
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »
    I completed my first two weeks of ELEL and was able to drop 11.5 lbs (it's less impressive when you know I gained 11 the week before, but....) Yesterday started a two week diet break and I was down another two on the scale this morning so that was nice. I'm interested to see what another two week cycle of ELEL will bring without the major binge session right before it. It should bring me right to goal.

I ate IF style (16:8 - is that how you write it?) during ELEL and it was really great. I wouldn't do it normally, but I think it's the way too go for this program.

Wow - you have some crazy fluctuations! I think the most I ever had was 5 pounds (I ate a few pounds of steak and at least a pound of chocolate cake during a family feast last summer).
  • JoRocka
    edited April 2017
    Options

Lifting may be their only intentional exercise, but they may be more active in general during the day. My 8-10 miles walked per day isn't all at once, and though it is intentional, it's also done largely while I am at work. I've just taken a more active approach to jobsite and lab oversight.

it's possible. I get frustrated since I dance several hours a week
    - and I don't consider that "exercise"- but I'm not an idiot- like it's definitely work- but still apparently doesn't make a big difference. Unfortunately I'm a desk jokey- so lifting and dance and squeezing in cardio when I can is what I got. And that's about it.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options

it's possible. I get frustrated since I dance several hours a week
    - and I don't consider that "exercise"- but I'm not an idiot- like it's definitely work- but still apparently doesn't make a big difference. Unfortunately I'm a desk jokey- so lifting and dance and squeezing in cardio when I can is what I got. And that's about it.

Considering you dance AND lift and you're not a super tiny human, it is kind of surprising that you don't maintain on more.
    I was under the impression that I'm able to eat quite a bit right now (though I'm still plenty over-fat) but my coach said she wants to work on building my metabolism. I was just like..... ok, cool. I'll eat more food.
    So now I dunno where to gauge myself.
    (I suppose spending a lot of time in a deficit and blowing it in a short period of time like I'm good at doesn't do me any favors when it comes to my metabolism though. And being hypothyroid isn't really a benefit either.)
    If I were at a reasonable weight right now I think I'd maintain around 2000 without cardio, but that's just a wild guess based on what calculators give me.
  • leajas1
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    leajas1 wrote: »

Wow - you have some crazy fluctuations! I think the most I ever had was 5 pounds (I ate a few pounds of steak and at least a pound of chocolate cake during a family feast last summer).

I can really pack it in there when I just don't care.

10 lbs is really good, though! It's been two weeks, right? After my bulk I found myself getting frustrated with the slow rate of fat loss, but when I looked at my numbers I realized that it really wasn't slow...it was normal. Also, the ladies who say that are probably lying *kitten*.

• bioklutz
    Options
    I don't know...I feel like I have a pretty generous TDEE for my height and weight. Maybe I am an outliner or maybe it is because I can be a little fidgety or spend more time standing. I can eat between 1800-2000 and am 5 feet tall. I currently weigh 107 - hoping to get down to 105.
  • leajas1
    Options
    I don't know...I feel like I have a pretty generous TDEE for my height and weight. Maybe I am an outliner or maybe it is because I can be a little fidgety or spend more time standing. I can eat between 1800-2000 and am 5 feet tall. I currently weigh 107 - hoping to get down to 105.

Wow, yeah, that's amazing! I know what I need to cut and I know what I need to bulk. I've never really spent a significant amount of time maintaining.
  • bioklutz
    Options
    OMG...I wish I was still bulking.
    cqp3o3nzwhqw.jpg
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Bulking? I am!
    Currently 170lb (+-2) going for 205. Daily caloric intake is minimum 4600. Currently just Powerlifting. Whole foods diet (whole pizzas etc).
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I've been holding a steady 169 for a couple of weeks now at 2850/day. I've been being a sissy about upping intake again, as I mostly wanted to be sure that it was close enough to my true maintenance.

However, I made the decision yesterday to start implementing +10/20/30% Joker sets into my 5/3/1 OSfS cycles. As such, I'm going to bump up 500-ish on my training days, just to make sure the energy is there for the higher volume with heavier weights. That should give me a roughly 0.5 lbs/week gain, assuming the added volume doesn't torch most of it (it damned sure shouldn't).

I'm also doing this one almost entirely on whole foods, but with shakes around the lifts, because damn a bunch of slow protein in the gut when squatting/pulling heavy. The best way I could think to describe my food intake is "paleo+shakes, oats, potatoes and beans", because *kitten* people who think potatoes and beans are the devil.

Why am I doing this? I can't decide if it's because I hate myself, or if I just want to make sure that volume is a limiting factor to avoid the temptation to fulk again.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Wanted to give this a friendly bump.

How is everyone doing?
    I have one more week of my bulk. I am kind of getting run down so actually looking forward to easing into my cut.
  • JoRocka
    Options

damn- I can't figure out if I'm an outlier in that I eat less than everyone else- or the people I talk to are outliers and just can eat more.

Or I am chronically over eating- and not ACTUALLY eating what I think I am.

whatever- it's trial and error anyway- keep making adjustments and working on it till you get the right combo dialed in.

I need to get back to the cardio- I've slacked off the last 10 days b/c of the workshop situation and my dance studio is essentially in upheaval.

I'm actually quite worried. well- worried isn't the right answer- just- concerned. My life is VERY specifically lego blocked to work.

I don't have a lot of play in my schedule- example.
    Monday- work till 4:30-5 PM
    Gym 5:15- 6:45/6:50.
    Dance 7 PMish- 9:30/10ish.

like- if I wind up late from work- my gym time is f**ked/

Being said- our studio is moving- we no longer have our own building- we are going to be renting space- it's a further drive.

I don't know how I'm going to be able to get a workout in for training purposes AND make it to dance. like- it's not realistic.
    We are moving to a Y to rent space- and I think it's like 45$/year to get a membership there- so I'm considering joining the Y to train.

I don't know- it's going to seriously eff up my training plan from what I can see. Sigh.

whatever- I'll work it out.

Short story long- I need to figure out my schedule AND get back on the stupid stairmaster- since it's been like 10 days since my last session- wompwomp.
  • leajas1
    Options
    My office mate works out at the Y and she's loves it. It's definitely worth checking out and seeing if they have the equipment you need for what you want to do.
  • leajas1
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

How is everyone doing?
    I have one more week of my bulk. I am kind of getting run down so actually looking forward to easing into my cut.

You had a great run and lots to show for it!

I'm enjoying my two weeks of higher calories. I finally found the mocha pop tarts and really enjoyed those! I'll get two more in before I start back on my second round of ELEL. Hopefully that'll be the last round and I can just coast for the summer.
  • leajas1
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »

How is everyone doing?

Cutting hasn't been the best for me. Life is definitely getting in the way; our 17 month old has been sick a few times. So trying to get back on track now.

But my wife and I have another little one on the way, so that is exciting.

Wow, congrats! How is your wife doing?