Culking Bishes!!! Winter2016 / Spring 2017

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    People who don't bulk have literally no idea how difficult it can be at the end of the day to force feed yourself when your body is completely over it.
    Just- no clue.

Never happened to me. The highest I went on my bulk was 2100-2200 calories. I was gaining fast and obviously could have eaten more or ate that easily. I get blue when I see how much people can eat and how little I can.

If it makes you feel any better, the only reason I can bulk for 0.5-1 lbs. per week on 3500-4200/day, is because I walk 10-20 miles per day when doing so. Hell, right now, I'm on a slow cut/maintenance seeking, currently at 2400 kcals/day, losing about 0.6 per week, and have to walk 8-10 just to make that work.

I don't know if that makes me feel any better. I'm eating a giant bowl of lettuce with hot sauce on it because of my poverty macros. There isn't even any meat on it.

c4b8834dc60dd504f287b7a1232bc34e.jpg
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    well- Monday sucked- I didn't really have dinner- which means- so much for protein macros- I had popcorn- a glass of wine followed up by dessert of ice cream.

Still under calories- but woefully short on protein. Wompwomp- today shall be better!
  • psuLemon
    well- Monday sucked- I didn't really have dinner- which means- so much for protein macros- I had popcorn- a glass of wine followed up by dessert of ice cream.

Still under calories- but woefully short on protein. Wompwomp- today shall be better!

It's ok. It's only one day. And we all have those days.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »

I don't. ;) #eatalltheprotonz
  • psuLemon

#talented
  • JoRocka

I am team #lawofaverages- so not a win- but certainly not going to beat myself up LMAO.

You're a rock star. LOL- I get so full I get lazy- and I'm like POPCORN! Done.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,734 Member
    People who don't bulk have literally no idea how difficult it can be at the end of the day to force feed yourself when your body is completely over it.
    Just- no clue.

Never happened to me. The highest I went on my bulk was 2100-2200 calories. I was gaining fast and obviously could have eaten more or ate that easily. I get blue when I see how much people can eat and how little I can.

If it makes you feel any better, the only reason I can bulk for 0.5-1 lbs. per week on 3500-4200/day, is because I walk 10-20 miles per day when doing so. Hell, right now, I'm on a slow cut/maintenance seeking, currently at 2400 kcals/day, losing about 0.6 per week, and have to walk 8-10 just to make that work.

Just curious, do you do these walks all at once? Or is it throughout the day? I'm a walker and like to do at least 7 miles per day and would like to increase it but often lack a safe place to walk that type of distance other than a track or the treadmill (both of which are quite boring).
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Just- no clue.

Just curious, do you do these walks all at once? Or is it throughout the day? I'm a walker and like to do at least 7 miles per day and would like to increase it but often lack a safe place to walk that type of distance other than a track or the treadmill (both of which are quite boring).

Throughout the day. I work on construction sites in the asphalt industry. We often have a lot of down time, so I just start walking, and keep going until more material shows up.
  • JoRocka
    oh that's a lot of walking. I used to be an asphalt inspector Park way- expressway- Turnpike etc. LOTS. of walking.

So- I'm officially balls deep into cutting- jumped right on in to this *kitten*. Did 15 minutes of interval stair master last night- and then we took the weight sled and pushed it around outside. LEG.DEATH.

it was a little cool so all of our lungs were on fire- but it was good *kitten*. I was so hungry by the time I got home and showered- we wound up going to on the border- pretty sure I over ate- but I kind of didn't care- mammasita was effing hungry.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    I keep checking this thread, hoping that I'll be able to post soon but alas, the deficit continues. If there's a summer bulking thread I may see you there.
  • JoRocka
    I keep checking this thread, hoping that I'll be able to post soon but alas, the deficit continues. If there's a summer bulking thread I may see you there.

You can pop in- I would say most of us who are contributing are now cutting- you're more than welcome at this point to be here!!!

We've been talking about changing the title- but haven't gotten around to it yet LOL

• jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 515 Member

You can pop in- I would say most of us who are contributing are now cutting- you're more than welcome at this point to be here!!!

We've been talking about changing the title- but haven't gotten around to it yet LOL

@JoRocka you could change the title to Culking Bishes!!! Culking would be a mixture of Cutting and Bulking.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member

Guess I'll contribute in that case;

Currently finishing week 1 of 2 of my diet break. 10 weeks of dieting down from 236lbs (15-16%) to 220 (11-13%). After enjoying an abundance of food for another 9 days I will be running a slightly modified UD2.0/bodyopus style cut for 4-6 weeks with the goal of pushing into single digit bodyfat for the first time (ever??). Anyone else have any experience with UD2.0? It sounds savage but very effective and I am a big proponent of sledgehammer methods when it comes to dieting.
  • JoRocka
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »

@JoRocka you could change the title to Culking Bishes!!! Culking would be a mixture of Cutting and Bulking.

BAW HA HA HA_ we could.

As locking as it wasn't Chalking- only because I'm a dirty bird.

But I'm game if everyone else is- @psuLemon would have to do it for us- but I'm not opposed.

Currently finishing week 1 of 2 of my diet break. 10 weeks of dieting down from 236lbs (15-16%) to 220 (11-13%). After enjoying an abundance of food for another 9 days I will be running a slightly modified UD2.0/bodyopus style cut for 4-6 weeks with the goal of pushing into single digit bodyfat for the first time (ever??). Anyone else have any experience with UD2.0? It sounds savage but very effective and I am a big proponent of sledgehammer methods when it comes to dieting.

@Gallowmere1984 seems to have experience with Lyle's stuff- I have not. I'm going to be picking up the book shortly- just haven't b/c I've been dealing with dance festival stuff.
  • jdscrubs32
    edited March 2017
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »

BAW HA HA HA_ we could.

As locking as it wasn't Chalking- only because I'm a dirty bird.

But I'm game if everyone else is- @psuLemon would have to do it for us- but I'm not opposed.

Great to hear @JoRocka @psuLemon lets change it to Culking Bishes!!! What say you?

• leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member

Gallowmere, looking lean!

I just got my RFL book yesterday and figured out what my meal plan would look like. I compared it to the Metabolic Effect plan I did last summer to get down to 15.1%bf (per a bod pod) and I think I'm going to go with the ME plan (my husband who is a large guy and has quite a bit of fat to lose is thinking about doing RFL along side me). The ME plan is similar to RFL in terms of caloric intake. It's 2 weeks of Eat Less Exercise Less following by a two week "diet break" of Eat More (maintenance) Exercise More. Then the cycle continues. ME is still very high protein, but allows for fat with all meals and carbs at one meal. I've planned it out so that my protein will be closer to the RFL goal and my carbs will be under 50 grams. I'm keeping fat pretty high at 33 grams or so. Of course, the way I'm eating I'll have about 3 extra lbs to lose by the time Monday rolls around. Oh well. I'm excited to start and be done with this!
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    edited March 2017
    oh that's a lot of walking. I used to be an asphalt inspector Park way- expressway- Turnpike etc. LOTS. of walking.

So- I'm officially balls deep into cutting- jumped right on in to this *kitten*. Did 15 minutes of interval stair master last night- and then we took the weight sled and pushed it around outside. LEG.DEATH.

it was a little cool so all of our lungs were on fire- but it was good *kitten*. I was so hungry by the time I got home and showered- we wound up going to on the border- pretty sure I over ate- but I kind of didn't care- mammasita was effing hungry.

I've been seeing a lot of sled pushing at the gym lately. I've never tried it.

ETA: I'd also really like to hit that big tire with the sledgehammer (or whatever that is) once.
  • jdscrubs32
    Thread updated. Let me know if you dont' like Spring 2017.

Good man @psuLemon thanks for that.