Culking Bishes!!! Winter2016 / Spring 2017

Options

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    @psuLemon- good luck with the wife- hopefully all is well AND you get some gym time.

@Gallowmere1984 did you buy the book- skimming the site I'm not sure the book is needed? or do you think it is helpful (or did you not bother?)

I would say absolutely buy the book. It's not cheap, but it goes very in depth in explaining the how and why of everything about it. Get it directly from Lyle's site though, as all of the copies floating around on Amazon and the like are overpriced AF, unless you really want a first edition for some reason.

Okay- I found it on his site- I didn't clock the price- but I'd probably buy a hard copy- I suck with eBooks. I'll look when I get home. Thank you for the recommendation- I'm all about trying to learn a little more and do a better job at this bulk/cut game. Maybe this year I can break into the elusive 150's and stay there.

I bought a hard copy as well. Don't be deceived when you get it. It looks like the publisher went cheapo mode by making it in a spiral format. However, after having it for just six months, I realized that if it had have been a typical bound book, it would have already started to fall apart, due to how much I reference it.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Back from a 2 week trip to the west coast of the States and Vegas. Gained 3kg/6.6lbs over the space of those 2 weeks thanks to the glorious food portions in the States and no working out. Have stopped the bulk and am defluffing (hate the word cut) over the next 8 weeks until my next trip to the east coast of Italy for my friend's wedding. To be honest, as I've either either been bulking or maintaining at high calorie rates since I started on here, will be nice to eat a little less for a while.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »
    Back from a 2 week trip to the west coast of the States and Vegas. Gained 3kg/6.6lbs over the space of those 2 weeks thanks to the glorious food portions in the States and no working out. Have stopped the bulk and am defluffing (hate the word cut) over the next 8 weeks until my next trip to the east coast of Italy for my friend's wedding. To be honest, as I've either either been bulking or maintaining at high calorie rates since I started on here, will be nice to eat a little less for a while.

I know that feeling. Most people see how I "defluff" and think I'm nuts and must be miserable. However, after months of 3500-4200/day, I am definitely ready for a little break from eating so damned much.
  • AMSmit88
    AMSmit88 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

I know that feeling. Most people see how I "defluff" and think I'm nuts and must be miserable. However, after months of 3500-4200/day, I am definitely ready for a little break from eating so damned much.

Never thought I would say this...but I'm at that point too. I mean, nowhere near the calories you've been having, but I'm just so full all the time. Genuinely looking forward to defluffing in April.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options

Great to see others are similar. My bulking calories are between 3,500 - 4,000 while my maintaining are in or around 3,100 so eating under 3000 for a while will be nice. When I was on holidays last year and didnt log food, I lost weight but that didnt happen while in the States with those generous food portions.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options

Great to see others are similar. My bulking calories are between 3,500 - 4,000 while my maintaining are in or around 3,100 so eating under 3000 for a while will be nice. When I was on holidays last year and didnt log food, I lost weight but that didnt happen while in the States with those generous food portions.

I NEVER thought I would say I was ready to stop eating so much but towards the end I was full all the time. I am now about 3 weeks into cutting. The full feeling has gone away and now I miss all the cookies and high calorie ice cream I was eating. I have been eating yasso bars and it just isn't the same!

What is strange is I went to a birthday party last Sunday and had 3 chocolate chip cookies. I thought I was going to be sick from the sugar rush. I guess I just adapt quickly to diet changes.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »

I NEVER thought I would say I was ready to stop eating so much but towards the end I was full all the time. I am now about 3 weeks into cutting. The full feeling has gone away and now I miss all the cookies and high calorie ice cream I was eating. I have been eating yasso bars and it just isn't the same!

What is strange is I went to a birthday party last Sunday and had 3 chocolate chip cookies. I thought I was going to be sick from the sugar rush. I guess I just adapt quickly to diet changes.

Me too! If i over indulge while cutting I tend to get very sick for a couple of days. You'd think I would remember that feeling, but no.
  • leajas1
    Options
    Okay, I bought RFL and will start on Monday. I guess I won't go into particulars, as it's not supported by the boards, but I'll take progress pics. Once you add in the calories from the veggies it's really not so bad (initially I thought there was no way I could do it). I'll start the first cycle next Monday. I love the idea of the 3 day re-feed.
  • Gallowmere1984
    edited March 2017
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »
    Okay, I bought RFL and will start on Monday. I guess I won't go into particulars, as it's not supported by the boards, but I'll take progress pics. Once you add in the calories from the veggies it's really not so bad (initially I thought there was no way I could do it). I'll start the first cycle next Monday. I love the idea of the 3 day re-feed.

@leajas1 If you're interested, I can send you an invite to the BodyRecomp group (based on Lyle's work: RFL, UD2.0, etc).

Yeah, the veggies make it viable for some. I don't bother with them, except for a bit of asparagus at night to keep the fiber up a bit.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    People who don't bulk have literally no idea how difficult it can be at the end of the day to force feed yourself when your body is completely over it.
    Just- no clue.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    People who don't bulk have literally no idea how difficult it can be at the end of the day to force feed yourself when your body is completely over it.
    Just- no clue.

Seriously.. it's the worst :s
  • leajas1
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »

@leajas1 If you're interested, I can send you an invite to the BodyRecomp group (based on Lyle's work: RFL, UD2.0, etc).

Yeah, the veggies make it viable for some. I don't bother with them, except for a bit of asparagus at night to keep the fiber up a bit.

Sure, thanks!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Just- no clue.

Never happened to me. The highest I went on my bulk was 2100-2200 calories. I was gaining fast and obviously could have eaten more or ate that easily. I get blue when I see how much people can eat and how little I can.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    So does Rita's water ice custard and a cadbury creme egg count as lunch?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Just- no clue.

Never happened to me. The highest I went on my bulk was 2100-2200 calories. I was gaining fast and obviously could have eaten more or ate that easily. I get blue when I see how much people can eat and how little I can.

If it makes you feel any better, the only reason I can bulk for 0.5-1 lbs. per week on 3500-4200/day, is because I walk 10-20 miles per day when doing so. Hell, right now, I'm on a slow cut/maintenance seeking, currently at 2400 kcals/day, losing about 0.6 per week, and have to walk 8-10 just to make that work.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Just- no clue.

how tall are you- that seems low for bulking numbers?

I know some people never reach that stage- but it happens enough to some people for sure.
    But I feel you on the getting stabby about how little we can eat- I am trying to see if I can get down in weight without dropping below 1800 this season- normally I eat around 16-1700 and manage my weight there. But I get massively stuck and can't get under 160 pounds- and I'm not willing to eat under 1500. At all.
  • leajas1
    Options
    I think 2500 was my sweet spot, but I was doing some cardio as well. At least a couple hours a week of cardio. I wasn't ready to stop eating until that last month when I pretty much just ate every thing whether I was hungry or not. I'm sure I was well over 3k a day and the scale definitely showed it. If I remember correctly, I doubled my weight gain in the last month.
  • leajas1
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    So does Rita's water ice custard and a cadbury creme egg count as lunch?

I say Yes, although I would need something savory prior to make the sweetness taste even better.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    Just- no clue.

how tall are you- that seems low for bulking numbers?

I know some people never reach that stage- but it happens enough to some people for sure.
    But I feel you on the getting stabby about how little we can eat- I am trying to see if I can get down in weight without dropping below 1800 this season- normally I eat around 16-1700 and manage my weight there. But I get massively stuck and can't get under 160 pounds- and I'm not willing to eat under 1500. At all.

I'm 5'4". I maintain on a "sloppy" 1700-1800. I think I just have bad luck. I will lose around .5lbs per week at 1500 but I usually have to log that at 1300 because I suck.

I hate it all.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    Just- no clue.

If it makes you feel any better, the only reason I can bulk for 0.5-1 lbs. per week on 3500-4200/day, is because I walk 10-20 miles per day when doing so. Hell, right now, I'm on a slow cut/maintenance seeking, currently at 2400 kcals/day, losing about 0.6 per week, and have to walk 8-10 just to make that work.

I don't know if that makes me feel any better. I'm eating a giant bowl of lettuce with hot sauce on it because of my poverty macros. There isn't even any meat on it.