Culking Bishes!!! Winter2016 / Spring 2017

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »
    Cutting blows. I can't believe that this calorie amount used to be a way of life for me. I'm seriously thinking about hanging out here (1450ish) through April and then doing Lyle M's Rapid Fat Loss for the few lbs I'll have left (Gallowmere - this is how you cut, yes?). I want it done so I can just maintain for the summer.

it does. I was talking to a friend yesterday and he was like- just fight to get leaner and then you'll be able to maintain- it's easier once you get there.

Since he's like 6'5" I don't really believe him since he's cutting on 3200 calories a day- but in theory that's accurate LMAO.

Still sucks rocks.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Options
    My cut has been rough the last few weeks. Lots of crazy *kitten* going on in my life. Wife is going in for surgery next week and will be down for around 6 weeks. So I am not even sure if I will be able to get to the gym. So I will probably end up doing at home workouts to hopefully, not hose up my progress completely. In the 10 weeks I am only down about 4-5 lbs.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Not sure who else is still bulking here.. seems a lot of you have started to cut which is awesome. I have about 6 weeks left of bulk, and not gonna lie, it is getting a little dirty.. I am basically eating as much food as I possibly can right now, so far so good. ;)

@psuLemon wishing all the best to your wife for a safe recovery.
    Do you have a home gym or any equipment? Even if you don't have very much, I am sure you can make it work with all your program knowledge!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Cutting blows. I can't believe that this calorie amount used to be a way of life for me. I'm seriously thinking about hanging out here (1450ish) through April and then doing Lyle M's Rapid Fat Loss for the few lbs I'll have left (Gallowmere - this is how you cut, yes?). I want it done so I can just maintain for the summer.

Yeah, I use RFL for cutting. I shed ten pounds on my first 11 day run, then another two during the followup week of lesser deficit. Currently sitting at a moving average of 166.9 (from a high of 180.8), and I'll decide at the end of this week if I want a round 2, or if I am just going to sit at maintenance until December for my first PL meet.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    My cut has been rough the last few weeks. Lots of crazy *kitten* going on in my life. Wife is going in for surgery next week and will be down for around 6 weeks. So I am not even sure if I will be able to get to the gym. So I will probably end up doing at home workouts to hopefully, not hose up my progress completely. In the 10 weeks I am only down about 4-5 lbs.

Sending you all lots of positive, healing vibes.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    @psuLemon- good luck with the wife- hopefully all is well AND you get some gym time.

@Gallowmere1984 did you buy the book- skimming the site I'm not sure the book is needed? or do you think it is helpful (or did you not bother?)
  • leajas1
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

it does. I was talking to a friend yesterday and he was like- just fight to get leaner and then you'll be able to maintain- it's easier once you get there.

Since he's like 6'5" I don't really believe him since he's cutting on 3200 calories a day- but in theory that's accurate LMAO.

Still sucks rocks.

That's what I figure. 2 - 3 of being extra miserable is worth it to just ride easy at maintenance. I mean, maybe not worth to my poor husband, kids, and coworkers at the time, but I can always say sorry later.
  • JoRocka
    Options

Still sucks rocks.

That's what I figure. 2 - 3 of being extra miserable is worth it to just ride easy at maintenance. I mean, maybe not worth to my poor husband, kids, and coworkers at the time, but I can always say sorry later.
    part of my weddings vows were to love him through the fat kid bulking and the hangry cutting season. (or something).

Hubs is stuck with it- he knew what he was getting himself into. He's buckling in for cutting season now.

upside- I managed to get 198 grams of my 200 grams of protein- I am VERY pleased with myself- no protein powder has made this a leeetle harder- but I'm pleased. GO ME!
  • leajas1
    Options

Yeah, I use RFL for cutting. I shed ten pounds on my first 11 day run, then another two during the followup week of lesser deficit. Currently sitting at a moving average of 166.9 (from a high of 180.8), and I'll decide at the end of this week if I want a round 2, or if I am just going to sit at maintenance until December for my first PL meet.

Cool, thanks! I did something like this last year from Metabolic Effect. Basically, two weeks of Eat Less Exercise Less followed by two weeks of Eat More Exercise More. The food was high protein/high fat, though, with only one meal with carbs. Sounds like RFL is a little different.
  • leajas1
    Options

Still sucks rocks.

part of my weddings vows were to love him through the fat kid bulking and the hangry cutting season. (or something).

Hubs is stuck with it- he knew what he was getting himself into. He's buckling in for cutting season now.

upside- I managed to get 198 grams of my 200 grams of protein- I am VERY pleased with myself- no protein powder has made this a leeetle harder- but I'm pleased. GO ME!

That's too funny.

Very impressive re: the protein! I"m just resolved to have at least 1/day.
  • AMSmit88
    AMSmit88 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    @sardelsa still bulking for another 3 weeks here, and also have veered off into just eating anything and everything territory...it feels so good!

@psuLemon sending all the very best to you and your wife
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Not sure who else is still bulking here.. seems a lot of you have started to cut which is awesome. I have about 6 weeks left of bulk, and not gonna lie, it is getting a little dirty.. I am basically eating as much food as I possibly can right now, so far so good. ;)

Do you have a home gym or any equipment? Even if you don't have very much, I am sure you can make it work with all your program knowledge!

I'll be eating all teh foodz starting Friday night, after weigh-ins. Man, I love 24 hour weigh-ins.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

Thanks all. I have dumbbells and resistance bands. So while not optimal, I will definitely make it work.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    @psuLemon- good luck with the wife- hopefully all is well AND you get some gym time.

@Gallowmere1984 did you buy the book- skimming the site I'm not sure the book is needed? or do you think it is helpful (or did you not bother?)

I would say absolutely buy the book. It's not cheap, but it goes very in depth in explaining the how and why of everything about it. Get it directly from Lyle's site though, as all of the copies floating around on Amazon and the like are overpriced AF, unless you really want a first edition for some reason.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options

Cool, thanks! I did something like this last year from Metabolic Effect. Basically, two weeks of Eat Less Exercise Less followed by two weeks of Eat More Exercise More. The food was high protein/high fat, though, with only one meal with carbs. Sounds like RFL is a little different.

It is different. Basically, the only fats are trace in chicken breast, tuna and the like, and EFAs from fish oil caps. Carbs and fats are effectively zero, other than that. 85+% of kcals come from protein, with whatever remainder being fiber and EFAs. The diet does allow for some vegetables, but I limited this to a single serving of asparagus nightly, so as to not unnecessarily increase kcals.
  • leajas1
    edited March 2017
    Options

It is different. Basically, the only fats are trace in chicken breast, tuna and the like, and EFAs from fish oil caps. Carbs and fats are effectively zero, other than that. 85+% of kcals come from protein, with whatever remainder being fiber and EFAs. The diet does allow for some vegetables, but I limited this to a single serving of asparagus nightly, so as to not unnecessarily increase kcals.

Thanks!

I would say absolutely buy the book. It's not cheap, but it goes very in depth in explaining the how and why of everything about it. Get it directly from Lyle's site though, as all of the copies floating around on Amazon and the like are overpriced AF, unless you really want a first edition for some reason.

It looks like his site has a Kindle edition for $27. I have no idea how delivery works from a non Amazon site, but that price doesn't bother me.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    So here's an update on my cut...I've lost 1lb in 4 weeks. I guess that's good. Cutting is less fun than bulking.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options

Thanks!

It looks like his site has a Kindle edition for $27. I have no idea how delivery works from a non Amazon site, but that price doesn't bother me.

You get a download link emailed to you directly from his site.
  • leajas1
    Options

Thanks!

You get a download link emailed to you directly from his site.

Oh, okay, I see.
  • JoRocka
    Options

Okay- I found it on his site- I didn't clock the price- but I'd probably buy a hard copy- I suck with eBooks. I'll look when I get home. Thank you for the recommendation- I'm all about trying to learn a little more and do a better job at this bulk/cut game. Maybe this year I can break into the elusive 150's and stay there.