Culking Bishes!!! Winter2016 / Spring 2017

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    edited March 2017
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Thread updated. Let me know if you dont' like Spring 2017.

Good man @psuLemon thanks for that.

No problem. I also fixed your quote
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    leajas1 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    oh that's a lot of walking. I used to be an asphalt inspector Park way- expressway- Turnpike etc. LOTS. of walking.

So- I'm officially balls deep into cutting- jumped right on in to this *kitten*. Did 15 minutes of interval stair master last night- and then we took the weight sled and pushed it around outside. LEG.DEATH.

it was a little cool so all of our lungs were on fire- but it was good *kitten*. I was so hungry by the time I got home and showered- we wound up going to on the border- pretty sure I over ate- but I kind of didn't care- mammasita was effing hungry.

I've been seeing a lot of sled pushing at the gym lately. I've never tried it.

ETA: I'd also really like to hit that big tire with the sledgehammer (or whatever that is) once.

It's literally torture.
    But good torture- but torture.

@psulemon- spring 2017 is fine by me- it's accurate LOL_ and lord knows- we like to be accurate around here!
  • psuLemon
    oh that's a lot of walking. I used to be an asphalt inspector Park way- expressway- Turnpike etc. LOTS. of walking.

So- I'm officially balls deep into cutting- jumped right on in to this *kitten*. Did 15 minutes of interval stair master last night- and then we took the weight sled and pushed it around outside. LEG.DEATH.

it was a little cool so all of our lungs were on fire- but it was good *kitten*. I was so hungry by the time I got home and showered- we wound up going to on the border- pretty sure I over ate- but I kind of didn't care- mammasita was effing hungry.

I've been seeing a lot of sled pushing at the gym lately. I've never tried it.

ETA: I'd also really like to hit that big tire with the sledgehammer (or whatever that is) once.

It's literally torture.
    But good torture- but torture.

@psulemon- spring 2017 is fine by me- it's accurate LOL_ and lord knows- we like to be accurate around here!

If MFP has taught me anything, it's that semantics apparently matter.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »
    I keep checking this thread, hoping that I'll be able to post soon but alas, the deficit continues. If there's a summer bulking thread I may see you there.

You can pop in- I would say most of us who are contributing are now cutting- you're more than welcome at this point to be here!!!

We've been talking about changing the title- but haven't gotten around to it yet LOL

@JoRocka you could change the title to Culking Bishes!!! Culking would be a mixture of Cutting and Bulking.

BAW HA HA HA_ we could.

As locking as it wasn't Chalking- only because I'm a dirty bird.

But I'm game if everyone else is- @psuLemon would have to do it for us- but I'm not opposed.

I keep checking this thread, hoping that I'll be able to post soon but alas, the deficit continues. If there's a summer bulking thread I may see you there.

You can pop in- I would say most of us who are contributing are now cutting- you're more than welcome at this point to be here!!!

We've been talking about changing the title- but haven't gotten around to it yet LOL

Guess I'll contribute in that case;

Currently finishing week 1 of 2 of my diet break. 10 weeks of dieting down from 236lbs (15-16%) to 220 (11-13%). After enjoying an abundance of food for another 9 days I will be running a slightly modified UD2.0/bodyopus style cut for 4-6 weeks with the goal of pushing into single digit bodyfat for the first time (ever??). Anyone else have any experience with UD2.0? It sounds savage but very effective and I am a big proponent of sledgehammer methods when it comes to dieting.

@Gallowmere1984 seems to have experience with Lyle's stuff- I have not. I'm going to be picking up the book shortly- just haven't b/c I've been dealing with dance festival stuff.

Trigden and I talk frequently on the BodyRecomp community forum, but this is one area where I have no direct experience. I've read UD2.0 several times, but I've never been lean enough that I would consider running it to get firsthand knowledge. The book states sub-15%, but most who have used it say it's best results are seen at 12 and below. Never been that lean myself.
  • JoRocka
    As I never have- and never will be that lean- I'm obviously of no help- what so ever.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    As I never have- and never will be that lean- I'm obviously of no help- what so ever.

As females, though, we don't want to be that low, right? Our inner workings could stop, well, working.
  • leajas1
    Nice name change!
  • JoRocka

As females, though, we don't want to be that low, right? Our inner workings could stop, well, working.

yeah a woman getting into single digits is a real problem.
  • Gallowmere1984

yeah a woman getting into single digits is a real problem.

Well, that's for men, which is what I usually look at, having a meatbat and all. I guess for women it would probably be more in the 19-20% range, though I've never seen a log of a woman running UD2.0 anyway.
  • psuLemon
    Question for you guys? At what point do you consider someone having big arms? A young guy was complaining about how he didn't have big arms and randomly asked me how I got them (I let him work in while I was doing OHP). Ironically, I have only been training big for about 13 weeks and prior to that was programs like P90X and BodyBeast (you can stop laughing now). But even before then, i have 15" biceps and currently between 15.5" -16" since i started training. I didn't think that was big. I think they just look "big" as I have really lean forearms and well developed triceps/shoulders.
  • psuLemon

Anything below 14 - 16% starts to get into essential fats and can causes hormonal imbalances. Heck, some women start to have problems sub 18%.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Loving the new name and all the progress shots!
    Looking great @Gallowmere1984 and @trigden1991 :)
  • leajas1
    Question for you guys? At what point do you consider someone having big arms? A young guy was complaining about how he didn't have big arms and randomly asked me how I got them (I let him work in while I was doing OHP). Ironically, I have only been training big for about 13 weeks and prior to that was programs like P90X and BodyBeast (you can stop laughing now). But even before then, i have 15" biceps and currently between 15.5" -16" since i started training. I didn't think that was big. I think they just look "big" as I have really lean forearms and well developed triceps/shoulders.

It's definitely subjective. There's the BIG power lifting guy and then there's the big cut/lean guy with tons of definition. Sounds like you were his kind of big *wide-eyed stare*
  • Gallowmere1984
    sardelsa wrote: »

Thank ya. You wouldn't know it because of the amount of body hair, but I am finally to the point where I can see abdominal vascularity, instead of just feeling it. Still not shaving though. xD
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member

Thank ya. You wouldn't know it because of the amount of body hair, but I am finally to the point where I can see abdominal vascularity, instead of just feeling it. Still not shaving though. xD

Nah.. don't shave.. body hair rocks (on a man, not on myself ! heh) ;)
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited March 2017

I think mine are 17", but I dont train them with anything but I suppose chin ups when I do because genetically they grow like weeds and look ridiculous compared to the rest of my body. So that is when they are big, when they make the rest if your body look tiny.
  • psuLemon
    Chieflrg wrote: »

I think mine are 17", but I dont train them with anything but I suppose chin ups when I do because genetically they grow like weeds and look ridiculous compared to the rest of my body. So that is when they are big, when they make the rest if your body look tiny.

Yea, my program only has 1 isolation a week for biceps. Personally, i rather spend more time with compounds.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member

Thanks. Long way off the end goal but getting there slowly.

@psuLemon If you have decently shaped lean arms then they'll look more aesthetic than fat-ceps. Mine are 17.5" and don't stand out as being particularly big
  • psuLemon
    edited March 2017

Thanks. Long way off the end goal but getting there slowly.

@psuLemon If you have decently shaped lean arms then they'll look more aesthetic than fat-ceps. Mine are 17.5" and don't stand out as being particularly big

I suspect its also because i am fairly vascular.

And thanks for the feedback all.

Maybe one day i will post pics.