My Gf's about to RUIN my thanksgiving!

Options
123457»

Replies

• littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    NEOHgirl wrote: »
    Here is one of the not-fun part of adulthood; relationships mean splitting holidays between your family/groups of friends and your partner's family/group of friends. Since she compromised last time, and you agree it's your turn, I'd go and only eat the sides that you want. If you don't want to miss real turkey, schedule a friendsgiving at your house when you get back & roast a turkey or turkey breast and do it up the way you want. As an alternative, most restaurants have some sort of Thanksgiving inspired option this time of year, maybe you can get your turkey fix elsewhere? Even some fast food places, like Boston Market & Starbucks have them this time of year, sometimes they are sandwiches that include stuffing & cranberry sauce.

You also mention that you are traveling out of town for this, Is it a day trip? If an overnight, are you staying with the friends, or at a hotel? If you are staying at a hotel, they will probably have a turkey dinner option that you can order there either before or after the dinner at the friend's house. Enjoy, safe travels, & good luck *_*

How has this post only gotten one like?

Literally the smartest advice I've heard on the entire thread.

This lets him have a delicious Thanksgiving dinner, and not offend anyone.

He might have a delicious thanksgiving where he is going but has already decided not to give it a chance.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options
    OP presumably a vegan meal includes booze? In which case just drink 2 bottles of wine and nibble on some nuts. Happy Tofurkey Day!