Replies

• onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Is he still syncing?
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update OP. Good to know the doggie is doing well. Sucks about your fitbit, but it is certainly easier to replace than our furry family members.
    :smile:

^^^ This. Thanks for letting us know and so glad all is well with your little one :)

:heart:
  • gobeagl1
    Options
    I think my dog ate my Fitbit Ultra. It fell out of my wristband in my house last night and I have not been able to locate it anywhere but it has still been syncing. I started to notice when my dog was moving it was registering steps! I saw this article and signed up. I am going to walk now and check it again. I pick up her poo every time so I will start checking. OMG. I wasn't sure this was possible until I read this article. Thanks. Will keep posted.
  • gobeagl1
    Options
    Okay, just got back from our normal walk and synced the FITBIT and WHEE! It registered the most vigorous activity I've had all month! Now I am worried about what will happen to doggie. She looks and acts okay so far. . .?
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    we swept his running path with the metal detector and didn't find it.
    Swept the dog (without a collar) and it went off.

Poop patrol.....ugh. or should I force him (somehow I have no idea how) to vomit?

Hahahahaha! I'm sorry, but you making the dog sit next to the computer to 'sync' was precious. If you have some epicac, perhaps you could try the vomiting thing. I'm not sure how well the plastic part of the fitbit will hold up under the digestive juices...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Okay, just got back from our normal walk and synced the FITBIT and WHEE! It registered the most vigorous activity I've had all month! Now I am worried about what will happen to doggie. She looks and acts okay so far. . .?

I'm going to assume she will inevitably pass it like the OP's dog did. But if she starts to feel out of sorts, you should probably take her to the vet. I'm surprised that it is synching for you when the OP couldn't get hers to synch. But then again, I'm not sure OP ever had any proof that her dog ate it. :ohwell:

Good luck. Hope your dog will be okay.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

With regards to the Fitbit, just call customer service and they'll send you a new one. Fitbit customer service is stellar. And personally, I don't think I'd want to use it after it's been through a dog...

With regards to the dog, call the vet. I'd imagine the size of the dog will be a factor. A Saint Bernard could probably pass an iPhone in one piece. A teacup Chihuahua may have issues with a Fitbit. It's all relative. I would imagine it will stand up to the punishment long enough to pass, but of course if the case gets compromised, you'll have the battery to contend with. That could make the dog seriously ill or worse.
  • debbyolsen
    Options
    I did something so stupid - I got my vitamins, a big glass of water, and took out my fitbit battery to charge it. Instead - I ingested it. Please tell me I am not the only one to have done this.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I did something so stupid - I got my vitamins, a big glass of water, and took out my fitbit battery to charge it. Instead - I ingested it. Please tell me I am not the only one to have done this.

If you aren't the only one that has done this, I fear for the future of humanity.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Call Poison Control. 1-800-222-1222