You cannot target fat loss!!!

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    antdelsa wrote: »

Well, that's weird. No description of an actual study design, just a bunch of assertions with nothing to back them up.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    You should have stopped while you were ahead rather than start adding a load of other myths!

Best to avoid using absolute phrases like "the only way....". Because if you think about it there are many methods to achieve fat loss not just one.

What about anything i said is a myth?

All I'm saying is the more you put in the more you get out... how is this a myth.. how is mixing hiit into your training not beneficial over just doing steady state cardio? How is shocking the body a myth?

Please let me know lol

As I said before, it depends on your goals. Sometimes doing "too much" cardio, pushing the limits and HIIT can actually work negatively as I mentioned - in my case, it would have affected my recovery for lifting. So there is one reason right there.

I lift 7 days a week, 2 to 3 days a week i do some form of hiit ...

Get some good bcaas and beta alanine, because it shouldn't be a recovery issue. Too much cardio can be negative especially to lifters which is why hiit is a much better option in my opinion

Look at a marathon runners body compared to a sprinters ...

You yourself, do something; other than HIIT! So then save time, by not lifting & just doing HIIT! So you see, you even have a different exercise regimen; than what you're recommending! We all have goals, limitations & favorite methods of achieving them, regardless of time consumption! Some people'd rather use a needle & thread, to sew something; instead of using a sewing machine!
  • DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Op, you sound like the dou*che from sausage party...
  • Nova
    Nova Posts: 10,047 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for closing this topic.

The forum guidelines include this item:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this closed discussion may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Nova
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.