Options

Replies

• antdelsa
    antdelsa Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    antdelsa wrote: »
    You can't say that you "Should" do one thing and then say your aren't being judgemental. Those are kinda the same thing.

How? I'm not judging anyone, what I'm saying is if being healthy and fit is your goal then its necessary to push yourself

I feel as though people are just being argumentative just out of boredom or something, this *kitten* is pretty basic stuff

The first time working out you had to push yourself as time went on you didn't remain stagnant and do the same routine with the same intensity you pushed more and more... so how does me saying push yourself come off so negatively lol *kitten* meant to be inspiring but people are getting offended and feeling attacked and its seemingly a insecurity thing or something
    If you don't understand how saying what someone is doing is wrong (when they are getting the results they want and are HAPPY, emphasized happy cause that's the ultimate goal) and the SHOULD do this is a text book judgemental statement, I don't know what else to tell ya.

I never said what others is doing is wrong, please show me where that was said or implied... *kitten* you people are dense

I simply said that there comes a time we need to shake things up and do a little more, stop doing the same routine over and over again.

You have a pretty good physique, did you get that by lifting the same weight with the same intensity for years and years? Or did you over time increase weight? Increase intensity, switch up the routine, use multiple rep ranges and methods? Did you not push yourself?

So idk wtf the issue is with what i said
  • antdelsa
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    OP, this is a sincere question--how much time have you spent reading the MFP forums and understanding the general vibe/cultural around here? It does not seem as if you have been at it that long and I think that was likely a big reason why your thread has not gone over well. If you would have spent more time learning about the people on the boards, not necessarily individually but as a group, you would have had a better idea of your audience and how to approach a topic. You sound really excited and into what you are talking about, which is great, but in general it is best to be a bit of a known poster before trying to "be inspiring." The odds are it would just come off better. Especially if your wording wasn't so absolute.

How is that my problem though? This is a board to help people so when i give an example and make an overall statement to get people to see things differently why should i be subjected to negativity because I'm "new" how does the info change?

My intentions weren't to be absolute, or to be judgmental, or come off as this is the only way, nothing i wrote should have eluded to that at all and I'm confused to how people saw it that way, maybe i could have worded it differently but i feel as though the message was pretty clear, hey lets break our routines a little, and push a little harder.. i used hiit as an example and people took that and ran with it largely due to insecurity. Hiit was just an example to support the overal message of pushing ourselves a little

But that message is now lost in a sea of insecurity and negativity
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    You might Google Patrick Umphrey...

Bro, does that dude even lift?!?

:trollface:
    I heard all he does is yoga and Tai Chi to stay in fabulous shape.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

pre9285851.png

I hear he is pretty good with the shakeweight... If ya know what I'm saying.

I Googled him, and I was so scared that it was Prince Harry that I accidentally closed my browser!
  • antdelsa
    Options
    You can't say that you "Should" do one thing and then say your aren't being judgemental. Those are kinda the same thing.

How? I'm not judging anyone, what I'm saying is if being healthy and fit is your goal then its necessary to push yourself

I feel as though people are just being argumentative just out of boredom or something, this *kitten* is pretty basic stuff

The first time working out you had to push yourself as time went on you didn't remain stagnant and do the same routine with the same intensity you pushed more and more... so how does me saying push yourself come off so negatively lol *kitten* meant to be inspiring but people are getting offended and feeling attacked and its seemingly a insecurity thing or something
    If you don't understand how saying what someone is doing is wrong (when they are getting the results they want and are HAPPY, emphasized happy cause that's the ultimate goal) and the SHOULD do this is a text book judgemental statement, I don't know what else to tell ya.

I never said what others is doing is wrong, please show me where that was said or implied... *kitten* you people are dense

I simply said that there comes a time we need to shake things up and do a little more, stop doing the same routine over and over again.

You have a pretty good physique, did you get that by lifting the same weight with the same intensity for years and years? Or did you over time increase weight? Increase intensity, switch up the routine, use multiple rep ranges and methods? Did you not push yourself?

You said cheating yourself. Cheating is a negative term that implies "wrong". We aren't dense just because you apparently don't understand the words you typed. It may sound fine in your head, but when 100 people are telling you it seemed negative, why not just listen? Man up as they say.

But if you arent pushing yourself you are cheating yourself, you know this as well as i do lets stop being politically correct and just be real, at no point do you go in the gym and say I'm gonna do worse than yesterday lol cmon man this is ridiculous, no we don't all have the same goals but with being fit how can you not strive to push just a little each day, how can you do the same thing over and over again and expect to get better? This makes no sense
  • antdelsa
    Options

MFP isn't solely comprised of those necessarily looking into body composition in the way you have worked to get. This isn't like BB.com or say Runner's World where you're targeting people who are all aiming for similar goals. This is an eclectic bunch with a large age range, physical capabilities, and varying goals.

Where you went wrong with is trying to prescribe something and then fighting to say it'll work for everyone or that everyone "should" do it because of what you tend to have your goals based on.

I didn't go wrong anywhere, I'm not the one with a problem with what i said ..
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    ^^ A+ Anya deployment, please marry me.
  • PikaJoyJoy
    PikaJoyJoy Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    avskk wrote: »
    ^^ A+ Anya deployment, please marry me.

:D
  • antdelsa
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    If pushing yourself a little each day or each week is what will make you quit then you aren't fully comitted to achieving your goals its as easy as that, if pushung yourself leads to you quitting then you were probably gonna quit to begin with you just found your excuse

And that, my friend, is where you lose everyone you are trying to inspire. No, I don't need to "push" myself to get up every morning and not quit. I just do it because I'm a big boy. However, if I **HAD** to **push** myself every morning then I would probably quit. You are obviously different.

The fact that you made the decision to do something is you pushing yourself... and in time you will push yourself more its inevitable, by saying push yourself i don't mean kill yourself in your workout i mean do a little more than you did before, go longer, faster and with more intensity little by little and just be better than you were before... isn't that what you're trying to do anyway?

Jesus people see push yourself and already have this idea that I'm saying go until you puke and pass out wtf .. no i mean just strive to do better than what you're already doing, how is that such a bad thing...
This discussion has been closed.