You cannot target fat loss!!!

Options

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    If he doesn't understand how a statement that people "should" do something has implicit judgment woven into it, then you're never going to convince him that anything he said was poorly worded, poorly framed and generally just ... poor.

I don't think he has the critical reading skills he claimed. Or at least, they do not apply to his own writing.

Oh I know. I do have to say that I'm impressed that Donald Trump has time to be posting here on MFP when he still trying to fill his cabinet.

:D:D:D:D
  • antdelsa
    antdelsa Posts: 174 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    If he doesn't understand how a statement that people "should" do something has implicit judgment woven into it, then you're never going to convince him that anything he said was poorly worded, poorly framed and generally just ... poor.

I don't think he has the critical reading skills he claimed. Or at least, they do not apply to his own writing.

Should is suggestive when read in context, when taken out of context as it has and married with negative biased and preconceived notions then it is viewed as judgmental.

When read within context and within the intent of the entire thought it is suggestive, one word doesn't make something judgmental its the context in which the reader perceives that word that does that ...

• antdelsa
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    [quote="antdelsa;38268743"How? I'm not judging anyone, what I'm saying is if being healthy and fit is your goal then its necessary to push yourself

But if you arent pushing yourself you are cheating yourself, you know this as well as i do lets stop being politically correct and just be real, at no point do you go in the gym and say I'm gonna do worse than yesterday lol cmon man this is ridiculous, no we don't all have the same goals but with being fit how can you not strive to push just a little each day, how can you do the same thing over and over again and expect to get better? This makes no sense

It will help you in business and in life to realise that NOT EVERYONE'S GOALS AND MOTIVATIONS ARE THE SAME.

Get it through your thick head.

For some people getting out there and doing what they did yesterday IS THE FRIGGING GOAL. And a frigging victory.

By continuing to say that it isn't you are insulting them.

When you insult them they tell you you're an *kitten*.

Simplez.[/quote]

By getting out there and doing something then you have pushed yourself .... sooooo... how is that not being received
  • antdelsa
    Options
    *sigh* Where are all the intelligent fit people
This discussion has been closed.