WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,260 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I had the best night's sleep in ages last night - 7 hours with only bathroom breaks. I'm up early, but completely refreshed!

Today I am going to royal ice the Christmas cake. Yesterday I put on the marzipan. I will post a picture.
    DH loves it sooooooo much, but won't be allowed to break into it until Boxing Day, which is when the grandchildren arrive. I did make him his very own smaller one, but he finished that last week! He is now eating shop bought mince pies. Ugh!
    My DH is a skinny minny. An exercise fiend. :laugh: Recently he has been complaining about his back aching at night. I have to say he has TERRIBLE posture and the only reason his pain isn't worse is because he does so much exercise, rowing and such. I think it is too late to teach him to improve and last time he went to an osteopath it made it worse. He hardly ever takes pain pills. When I watch his posture it makes me ache. :'(<3

I might pop out for some salad stuff today. Otherwise all set. Going to make the diabetic friendly Raspberry and yogurt chocolate chip ice cream. :D It is delicious and full of good things. I have a diabetic coming on New Year's Eve, but I think we might steal a bit for Christmas Day. Not pigging out then as we are on our own that day and have a week of continuous guests to follow. My difficult days will be Boxing Day and New Year's Eve. We will exercise on Christmas Day and I think my son won't mind if we get a session in on Wednesday and he makes his own breakfast. Might get one in early Thursday before DSD arrives. Also maybe Saturday, but not New Years Day. So we will miss 4 sessions for the week. :sad: We are going out for a couple of meals when I generally eat LESS as the food doesn't tempt me as much as my own, unless it is very good indeed. Small appetisers work for me as others have noted as well.
    Oh well, it's only a week. :sad: DSIL will be up for a walk, but I don't think the others will. :'(

I am going to enjoy it. How lucky I am to have people to share time with <3 and enough money to be able to entertain them without strain. This past week I have been out of the house once and have only spoken to the cleaner (apart from DH). Next week will be non-stop gracious (!) hostess. I wouldn't want to do next week very often, but I can enjoy it while it lasts.
    Attitude of gratitude. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,260 Member
    Options
    Barbie - I have just weighed myself and I have lost a pound! Still 3 pounds up from maintenance, but only one pound up from the summer. Hooray! :drinker:
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Rebecca512787
    Rebecca512787 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'd appreciate some insight into how you reply to other posts. By that I mean the efficiency of responding to many people by name in a single post. How do you mange this? Do you make brief notes while reading posts and then write your post? Or open two screens and read posts in one while constructing your reply in another? As it is now, my posts dominate a thread because I'm trying to respond to several people. I want to encourage but not flood the thread with my posts. Thanks!

Rebecca
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Ladies, so glad you're all still here. It's been quite a while since my last post. Just getting back into taking care of my health. The second half of the year has been just as crazy as the 1st half of 2016. I got 2 kids off to college on the east coast and had a lovey vacation to Italy with my DS in October. We had a wonderful time seeing many sights and enjoying the food and wine. Just fab!

DH and I have made great progress on his working from home, some of you may remember he was layed off in March and started this new job in June. I'm thankful for that. Some days I still get frustrated when he's under my feet, but this to shall pass. I've not been as busy with work, so I'll Need to make some changes in the New Year. I have been offered part time work from a client that is also a friend. Not sure I want to be accountable to someone else, but it would be less stressful in that I won't need to be looking for new business. Oh well, not going to decide anything till next month.

My family is all together now for Christmas and my heart is full.

<3 Rosie in So Cal
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Options
    <3 Rosie in So Cal
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Options
    h160ry3efl9r.jpg

Taken in Siena :)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    rosie so glad to see your post. Isn't it wonderful that the kids come back from college that first time!? I will make DD any food she wants, just having her around makes me feel more at peace. Good luck with the big work decisions. Glad to see you back posting.

Beth funny how the kids want what they remember food wise, she wants me to make my apple pie with homemade crust which is a pain to make but hey, I'm off so I will go for it. I am staying away from the worst of the food choices, with the exception of Christmas Eve fondue.

Aside from that I can still use other strategies to hold back and I am going to work out every day that I am off, that is the first thing I will do every day to ground the rest of my vacation.

Have a peaceful day everyone.

NYKAREN
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Live long and prosper. Just for fun:

picgifs-star-trek-910651.gifj

Rita from silly CT
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,579 Member
    Options
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,730 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    well sorry I didnt post much yesterday.. took myself to Sanibel Island and it was beautiful, but it is a long trip at least for me through rush hr traffic to get there...got some nice pictures of birds, and instead of buying sanibel clothing, bought myself 18" sterling necklace with a pelican in flight charm and a sanibel charm..
    got home and Mary called and asked if I was going to bingo, I did and came home and and went to sleep.. today will do stuff around the house and go to the pool..
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    Morning!

Been off to the gym on the elliptical already. Way too early in the day for my liking but support the hubs who gets 3 -1/2 hour fitness periods per week from TAMU. Going after work is not an option so Tues., Wed. and Thurs. mornings it is! When it's nice out we take a long walk together. Good news is for the next 2 weeks he's off so we can gym-it whenever!

So I was making my oatmeal for breakfast and was wondering how I could increase the protein. I added liquid egg whites! So here is what I had and it was delish! The oatmeal came out a little bit fluffier if that makes sense. I add the Old Fashion Oats as a sprinkle on top for a little crunch/chewiness!

r3tenqo4z7me.jpg

Off to do the morning dishes, take a shower and get on with the day. Will finish up my 12,500 steps in the house throughout the day. Temps should be warming up and will be able to take walks again towards end of week.

Cheri
    3,347 steps into the day in chilly 40 degrees College Station, TX

I add 3 tbs of hemp hearts to my oatmeal. Lots of extra protein.

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Always behind!!

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    The angels from Dr. Who were something I had never seen. I don't even watch Dr. Who! Lol! No meaning behind them at all, just trying to lighten the mood here. It seems to be on a downward trend lately. Holiday stress maybe?? I know it is for me.

Smile ladies! Its Christmas! Remember no matter how hard any of us has it, there is always someone in a worse position. Read the Happiness Project if you haven't already and write a one sentence journal entry every day on what made you happy that day. It really helps!

Can you all tell my UTI is gone and I'm feeling better?

globes-globes-angels-371231.gif

dog-graphics-shih-tzu-327910.gif

dog-graphics-chihuahua-344961.gif

Rita from sunny CT
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,063 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Rita thanks for the holiday cheer. Chuckling as I type this. Particularly like the waving ears.

Rebecca some of us create a word document and when finished you can cut and paste or highlight what you wrote and hit shift then letter c then go to reply box and hit shift and the letter v. Hold shift down both times when hitting the letters c then v. My DH taught me that short cut.

What I do is read a page and reply to posts I think I have something to add or want to respond to someone who is having a birthday or something special in their life. I have to make sure I hit post reply before reading the next page or my post will be lost. If I want to add something to my post after reading the next page I hit edit that is in the upper right hand corner. Once the icon appears you do need to hit edit then I add my thoughts from that page. I find this method the most manageable for me.

If I get too far behind in reading posts. I skim and then maybe comment on the last page I have read.

Whatever system works for you just want to say glad you have joined us.
  • Moonlitriver17
    Moonlitriver17 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 51. Have lost 51 lbs since July 13th. Want to lose another 75. Am happy and progressing, but go up and down with worries about my "after" body and face. I'm moving forward and making all of the goals I set for myself, just want to look and feel great too!
    Is that too much to ask?
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,944 Member
    Options
    ljdw99 wrote: »
    Last time I posted, in the first week of December, I was celebrating my scale reading199, it's now 197, and fretting about my DH's upcoming scope checking his epiglottis after cancer treatment 28 months ago because the scan had shown some abnormality...everything still is fine, yay.
    However, he now has a second herniated/ruptured disc after having a microdiscectomy in October. Looks like he will be having fusion surgery.

Lois putting one foot in front of the other on the North Shore of Ma.

<3Lois, my husband had fusion surgery in June and thanks to the surgery is walking and moving and enjoying life so much more...I wish the same great result for your husband.

<3 Barbie

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,730 Member
    Options
    Tom off to get the oil changed in car in Venice, I just took a small walk, as Stanley Steemer is coming to do the carpets, thought we would have to wait but somewhere between 10-1 today.. ill let Tom stay and I will go to the pool early say around noon