WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,957 Member
    Options
    :) Sherry is probably not reading this thread any more or checking in with MFP so if anyone would like to be in touch with her, she put her e mail address at the bottom of her last post.....or message me and I'll share her email with you.

<3 Barbie
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Barbie, I have totally let this stress me out beyond all reason today. I will endeavor to find something to take my mind off of it, other than Christmas cookies. You are grounding source once again and I appreciate you so much. <3

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Rita, yes much better, thank you. :)

Janetr okc
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)

Rita ~ Hugs
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Just to cheer us up - Christmas pyjamas!

de32bhohw9nz.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

I LOVE THIS PICTURE! HEATHER, THOSE CHILDREN ARE SO STINKIN' CUTE!!!! <3<3<3

Karen in Virginia
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Heather: The Christmas p.j. photo made my day.

Hello again everyone. I've just caught up with reading over 300 posts that accumulated while I was in NYC, and then got back home and had to work some long days. I'm the lucky one who gets to be 'back up' to some colleagues who are taking a break. It's okay. Christmas is really not a big deal for DH and me.

One of my December goals was to go ice skating. Thought this would be in NY with a friend, but the nights were bitterly cold and windy. We went to see "Waitress" on Broadway instead. Thankfully, the Denver airport had a small ice rink installed right after Thanksgiving, and the ice time and rentals are entirely free (thank you, United Airlines!) I got in 30 minutes of laps and loved it. Can't wait to get back on skates again and work out for a longer time.

I've kept up with exercise. Have limited holiday 'treats' to tiny snickers bars in shiny green wrapping. Weight is .5 over last month, but I'm not going to worry about that.

Time to get dinner started. Black bean chili tonight.

Stay well friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Rori I can understand the decision not to iceskate in nyc, it really was bitter cold....brrrr... but broadway show is always fun.

looking forward to my last day of work in 2016, a week off starting tomorrow afternoon, with lots of family visits and trips. Will have our usual christmas eve indulgence, FONDUE :| But I will log it and get on with it.

NYKAREN
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,855 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: Cleaning house for guests and went to fill an Rx and get a few last minute stocking stuffers. Neighbor came over to cut some variegated holly for table centerpieces she is making. It does not have berries like the large holly trees we have but has smaller leaves that fit her pieces better. She cut some pine branches the other day and made us a horsehead wreath that we hung on the porch. He turned out to be too big for the front door. Had our choir party last night and I did pretty well with choices. I had a small piece of homemade peanut brittle and a small piece of fudge for dessert.

Kim - I wore my cranberry hoodie with the horse embroidered on it last night and got some nice compliments.

Heather - Love the Christmas PJs!

Barbie - I agree with whoever said you were a grounding force on this thread. Thanks!

"Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud." - Maya Angelou

Sending healing angels to all who need them and congratulations to those with victories. Sue in WA
  • barbiecat
    Options
    <3Sue in WA, thank you for the kind words. I love this thread....you are all family to me and I treasure our friendship

:) I just finished my session of physical therapy exercises...they take about 30 minutes and seem to be helping gain more strength and flexibility in my back.

:)Rori, lucky you to go ice skating...I hope you have many more opportunities....the best I can do it watch it on TV.

:)Lenora, I eat brown rice with Chinese food, never fried rice.

<3 Barbie in NW Washington
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,610 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 13.03min, 13.4amph, 144mhr, 2.9mi= 147c
    fitbit- 150mhr, 111c
    0 runner (new machine)- 39MIN, 36avlength, 9avheight, 104avcadence, 11ap, 139mhr, 3.74mi = 357c
    fitbit- 140mhr, 313c
    ride gym 2 dome- 7.15min, 11.8amph, 144mhr, 1.4mi = 84c
    fitbit- 142mhr, 76c
    walk station 2 wk- 9.31min, 110mhr, 2.9amph, .4mi = 44c
    fitbit- 136mhr, 71c
    walk wk 2 sta- 10.17min, 89mhr, 3.4ap, .4mi = 44c
    fitbit- 157mhr, 104c
    ride dome 2 hm- 18.52min, 8amph, 140mhr, 2.5mi = 175c
    fitbit- 147mhr, 117c
    total cal 851
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh the WEEPING ANGELS!!!!!!! EEEKKKKKkkkkkkk hahahahaha.... One of the scariest best episodes on Dr. Who...Thanks Rita!!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    I guess maybe it's been good that I have not been involved with Dr. Who. BUT, I have known a 'few' like him (and the purported "angels").
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Well I am sorry that Sherry left us..... Being that we are all cyber friends, (some have physically met however) but most of us can only guess to ourselves how others must feel. I can not relate to being shy around new people, because I start up conversations with strangers at my laundromat, restaurants, and my thing is to talk with a new (stranger) person every day of my life. It's difficult to type that we understand each of our unique situations, but we try to understand don't we? I suppose if I can not relate to someones difficulties, than they can use me as a sounding board. I think the phrase, "I understand what you must be going thru", is kind of a blanket phrase, but we ladies as a whole must not take what others might say too critically. We are all trying to understand each other the best we can. I think for the New Year, my resolution shall be to offer more support and less advice. Advice can be taken the wrong way, like I am telling someone to do a specific thing, and the last thing I want to do is boss people.....

So I am patiently awaiting my son's arrival from WA state.... I have a stomach ache, I am nervous!! I want him home now!!
    Becca
    (((((group hugs the lot of yous))))))))
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,641 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,
    I am really not in a good place about what happened on this thread, I know we all put our feet in our mouth sometimes, but this is a repeat performance, and I feel like the encouragement and support we are known for is in jeopardy. The other threads are excellent for bullys and bad behavior, we need to each figure out how to keep our posts supportive, even with suggestions.

Lenora – you did it again, and an apology in a location that will not be seen is not an apology. If you mean it then email her. And watch your wording in the future… you almost sent me out of here until Miriam convinced me to NEVER read your posts. This is a place to encourage – maybe make suggestions but to tell someone who has openly admitted that money is an issue and has been abused that they are doing it wrong is an insult. You may not have meant to be insulting but proof reading and thinking of someone else might help. No need to respond to me, I’m going back to not reading your posts.

Kim
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,610 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    16,000 steps
    152 minutes of dog walking
    125 minutes riding the exercise bike
    31 minutes doing physical therapy exercises
    line dance class

<3 Barbie
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm not shy but I sure am reticent! When you can't see a face, read the body language or hear the tone of voice it is so easy to misconstrue the words.
    Last time I posted, in the first week of December, I was celebrating my scale reading199, it's now 197, and fretting about my DH's upcoming scope checking his epiglottis after cancer treatment 28 months ago because the scan had shown some abnormality...everything still is fine, yay.
    However, he now has a second herniated/ruptured disc after having a microdiscectomy in October. Looks like he will be having fusion surgery.

Thank you for all your congrats & kind words.

Katla we seem to be traveling parallel paths with our DH's but I have a feeling you do it with much more grace than I...I'm working on it.

I'm sorry so many are having stressful times.

Lois putting one foot in front of the other on the North Shore of Ma.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,762 Member
    Options
    Sorry to read that Sherry was so upset she decided to leave this forum.

Heather ... another sweet photo of the grands!

Rita... I didn't understand the angel thing, but then I'm clueless about a lot!

Besides making some fudge for gifts, I haven't done any baking yet. My boys are insisting I do, so tomorrow I will bake a few to satisfy them ... cutouts for certain, maybe nut horns ... don't want too many in the house!

It's been a long day and I'm tired so I'm off! Have a good night, ladies.

Beth near Buffalo

• GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Someone the other day said coffee counts as water however that is incorrect because caffeine has a tendency to dehydrate. Herbal tea on the other hand does count as water.

Also for diarrhea I still use the BRAT diet. Bananas Rice Applesauce/juice Toast (dry) and Yogurt with probiotics. I think vegetable soup would be too much fiber and increase the diarrhea.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3