Options
    <3

Kate UK
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Morning, all,

Here it is 4 a.m., and I'm in writing mode, which makes me happy, so I'll go see what I can get done. Wonder if I could convince myself that I can only eat as many calories as the number of words I write... Would be motivation to write, for sure!

Love y'all,
    Thinking about those who ache, and inspired by those who triumph.
    Lisa in West Texas
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Planning for a productive day and doing some research on weight bearing exercises. bone density test results were less than optimal, I've got some serious restructuring to do at the gym, I will take it one step at a time, and ask for help.

Have a calm and joyful day!

And walk away from the cookies. NYKAREN
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Janetr (((Hugs))) Hoping you are ok (???)

Lisa LOL! eating as many calories as you write would definitely be motivation!

NYKAREN Was just talking with a friend 2 days ago about how exercise using body weight is all the rage right now. Was thinking how that sort of exercise is probably really good for bone density because of good old gravity. Hope your research is productive!

My plan for the Holiday Season is to:
    1) Have all goodies packaged up for giving away rather than just out & about.
    2) Take a page from Penny's book and eat a pound of raw vegetables a day.
    3) Since we are having Chinese take-out at our family gathering Christmas Eve, I plan to drink a protein shake before we gather and then use a small plate & no second helpings. If I want dessert, I will have a Lindt truffle and a cup of coffee or tea.
    4) I will make sure the leftovers don't come to my house.
    5) Concentrate on the grandchildren. They eat a few bites and then go to play. I shall emulate them.

Karen in Virginia dealing with plumbers today - ugh
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,295 Member
    Options
    I have had two alcohol free days and will have a third one tonight. :D
    I have written some of my memoir each day for three days. o:) Nearly at 30,000 words now. :)

I am still not losing weight despite doing everything right. I must be doing something wrong. :*

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • CookieRogers64
    CookieRogers64 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I have put on almost 2 stone and need to lose at least a stone.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,622 Member
    Options
    :0(
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Peach1948
    Options
    Because of the cost of living increase, I got .3 per cent raise. Guess what, that was not even a dollar more.

smiley-face-lol-emoticon.gif

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,904 Member
    Options
    Just saying hi!

picgifs-doctor-who-5480.gif
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    <3Sherry, sending hugs to you.

:)Katla, like you, I am looking forward to the days getting longer

:'(Heather, I feel like you do, that I'm doing everything right and my weight is about two pounds over my goal....I can blame yesterday's Chinese food for some of it, but that's not the whole story.

:)NYKaren, I have had less than great bone density results and right now because of my back surgery, I can't do any of the usual weight bearing exercise except walking and dancing

:) The sky is clear, temps are just above freezing, Sasha is cuddled in bed with Jake, and it's time to go for a walk---will Sasha want to leave her warm bed to go for a walk?

<3 Barbie from NW Washington
  • MrsGLT
    MrsGLT Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Just a quick hello. It's been a busy week of trying to finish my shopping, taking care of grandkids and getting ready for the Christmas celebration this weekend. Now, I've come down sick with what I think is a sinus infection. Feel horrible
  • Peach1948
    Options
    Rita Why the scary pictures?
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Sherry please stick around.

Sometimes we say (in this case type) things as part of our thought process in helping each other and it is perceived the wrong way because we don't have the whole story. You have come so far in your life and please continue in that direction. You are a strong women. Live in that truth!

Cheri
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,073 Member
    Options
    Sending a prayer for Sherry.

A fellow teacher has this in her class room. "Taste your words before you say them" . Another favorite "You cannot control the audience only yourself". One I have often said here "Just because you see the hook does not mean you have to bite"

I love the support I have gotten here over the years. All here have good intentions. I wish sometimes we could be in person so we could better hear the warmth and love in our comments. This has happened before here when a word is inflammatory for an individual. One observation is we are a group of woman who try very hard not to offend each other unlike some of the other forums.

I will say I do not want us to become so afraid of saying our truth because we fear we will offend someone. If someone does take offence I have seen us try to keep the lines of communication open the best we can.

For myself we I once commented that I was uncomfortable about a post I got mixed feedback. Some were also uncomfortable and some got defensive. For me I was just glad I could speak my truth how others received it was their right to their own reaction.

Sherry is entitled to her reaction. We are here for her if she does decide to come back. From what I have read her life is very difficult right now. (((Sherry)))

:heart: Margaret
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Quick hello from me, too. I've arrived safely in Hanover, NH. I've got a couple stories to tell, but no time to tell them just now.

Katla and Barbie, even though I totally get it about looking forward to longer days, I was bowled over by yesterday's total daylight, which for me lasted about 15 hours, all the way from Oslo to Boston! Of course it helps to be flying west...

This morning I went out at 6 am for a 4-mile jog. That's the upside of jet lag: it's easy get up early.

/Penny, not at the North Pole this week
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Carol lol. Don't spend it all in one place

Janetr okc