WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Mama passed away last night. I am so glad she is no longer in pain. All five of us will miss her greatly.

Hugs, Peach. It is never easy to say goodbye to your Mother, no matter how necessary it is. I dread the day. I know that I am incredibly fortunate to be 62 years old and still have both parents. I will treasure them this Christmas season in honor of your dear mother.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,943 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to a horseback ride tomorrow. I haven't had any lessons since November because my teacher has been busy and unavailable. I'm looking forward to the lesson.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."

239603iu9tyt3tga.gif Katla, I am so excited that you will be riding again today after such a long hiatus....enjoy every minute of it

<3:'(Carol, I am so sorry for your loss

:)<3Margaret, thank you for your thoughtful words..I hope everyone will read them and take them to heart.

<3 Barbie from icy NW Washington
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    My thoughts and prayers for you and your family Peach, at thief time of sorrow. What an awful time for that to happen. It is never easy no matter when it happens.

Sadly, Rita in CT
  • slw848
    slw848 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! My son is getting married in June and I'm working the plan for weight loss.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,260 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3Carol.

I was writing my memoir this morning (four days running and past 30,000 words! ) when I realised how much my mother had given me. There was a lot wrong in my mother's parenting, especially when I was a teenager, but, when i was a child, she did share with me lots of role models of strong women and, in the process, imbued me with the idea that I could do, and be, anything I wanted. I never had the inkling of a thought that my gender might hold me back.
    Thank you Mum. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Go Allie go! You are walking for me today as well, keep going I need to get my steps in!! Heeee. Heeee
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Saturday and Merry Christmas Eve! I sit here writing while I eat my eggs and toast and DH eats something called a Chocolate Truffle Bomb that he picked up at the store. I offered to make him eggs, but he said "No, I have this!" My man-child husband (yes I am rolling my eyes).
    Carol-Sending all of my love to you! I wish I were closer so I could physically hug and be of some help. <3
    Heather-I totally understand the anxiety of added guests or unplanned meals. I have been known to freak out just a bit when this has happened on non-holidays! My sister in law has this extraordinary ability to just go with the flow and create more (seemingly out of thin air). I haven't figured out how to do this yet, so I hem and haw and do a fair bit of b**ching. Happy Holidays to you and may you enjoy every minute with each guest/family member!
    Margaret- Thank you for putting into words what I have felt about the friction. So hard to read people through words only. You can't hear love or concern in words. I tend to be a very sarcastic person; it took me quite a while to figure out that sarcasm doesn't translate well into words. I just sound mean when I try. For the record, if I ever say anything mean or naughty; please note that I am probably being sarcastic. >:)<3
    Cheri- LOve the photo! I remember reading the Parade section of our paper. They always had the best human interest stories. As a young girl, my mother left home when she was 16, and got a job, and a home, with a friend's family who owned a local drugstore, who happened to be jewish. (Should that be capitalized?) She lived and worked with that family for two or three years and her love of that culture and religion stayed with her and was given to us kids. This family became an extra set of grandparents and cousins to me. What a great memory to have recorded in the paper! Happy Hannukah to you and your family!
    Pip- Love the pup pictures! Merry Christmas!

It is my DYS's birthday today! He is 23! His birth/birthday is so bittersweet to me. I was pregnant for him in 1993. That year I lost my mom in March and my dad in November. So much lost and so much heartache; then ending the year with his birth on Christmas Eve. My siblings all made their way to the hospital that night to see him. Many happy tears were shed by all of us. He was the baby/life we all so desperately needed at that time. Anyway, every year, I share a birthday post to/about him on facebook. Just a mom's sappy love for her son. :

My baby is 23 years old today. Over the years I have written many thoughts and feelings on facebook in regards to his birthday and the year I was pregnant for him (1993). I carried him through the loss of both of my parents, my mother "saw" him in my arms the day before she died, and I didn't even know I was pregnant yet. I always wonder what he felt, inside, as my heart was breaking that year. He was an easy pregnancy. He was a very quiet baby (in utero and after birth). He was born with his eyes wide open and totally quiet. Generally, he moves quietly through life; but with purpose. He stands up for what he believes and is quick to support others and show compassion to others. He has a big heart. He continues to learn, work hard, and I am taking extreme joy in the fact that his desire to travel and learn is getting stronger. Happiest of birthdays to my Colin. Selfishly hoping, that each day and year brings you joy and new discoveries and adventures. Because you are mine, and each adventure you experience, you take a bit of me with you. Always in my heart.ovqnaaci00el.jpg

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, and Happy Holidays to you all! xoxoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    So sorry for your families loss Carol. May your memories be a blessing for all of you. Hugs.

Cheri
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Happy Christmas everybody hope it is joyful and peaceful

Carol - so sorry for your loss, my Mum has been gone since 1984 and I still miss her but the happy memories do help in coping.

Kate UK <3
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Carol - Your Mom is now singing with the angels. Your sadness is because you can no longer hear her voice. Sending you much love and hugs. <3

Charleen in Colorado
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I am just stopping by to say Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah to all my friends here. I won’t be on later today or tomorrow, but my NY resolution is to be a better member here! You guys have made a difference in my life. Blessings…Meg from foggy Omaha
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lisa: I agree wholeheartedly with your post both in regards to holiday well wishes and the reminder that we are here to encourage one another to follow healthy eating practices and not to judge religious or lifestyle choices. Well said. :star:

Carol: I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. She will live forever in your heart. :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:

KJLamore: Thanks for the positive message about the birth of your son. :heart: Did you select an "unbirthday" date for presents, parties and such when he was growing up? :huh:

DH reminded me this morning that I am the only one who can drive until after his eye surgery. He is worried about the possibility that I could be hurt during my lesson. I promised him that I'd stick with lunging only if the horse is too full of himself today. Arrow's been good for me at each lesson so far, but has the potential to be a train wreck.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

239603iu9tyt3tga.gif
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,579 Member
    Options
    Mama passed away last night. I am so glad she is no longer in pain. All five of us will miss her greatly.

i'm so sorry for your loss, so close to Christmas. but u r right, she is no longer in pain... my thoughts are with you
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,579 Member
    Options
    up late, gonna go work out. see if I can find one last gift (key ring that says 26.2) back later
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,260 Member
    Options
    I still haven't made the ice cream, but can do without. Might make it tomorrow morning as it's just us at home on actual Christmas Day.
    I have been a grinchy grump this Christmas, :embarassed: but just now I relented and put up some string lights in the kitchen. They look LOOOOOOVELY! <3B) I had one set left over so they have gone on the front door. :D All ready now! I just felt the grandchildren might be disappointed if our house didn't have some twinkles! Edie loves "fairy" lights.

All beds made. Enough towels retrieved from the cupboard. Night lamps found and plugged in. I have made a list of when to put stuff in the fridge (booze) , when to take stuff out, (cheese) and when to take stuff out of the freezer. (Nearly everything else) The list is stuck on the kitchen blackboard. I am far too forgetful to remember everything. ;)

Much love and happy holidays! Heather UK xxxxxxx

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Carol, I am so sorry for your loss. My back pain and sadness seems so petty now when I think of the loss of a parent on this day.

KJ, I love the description of your son. He seems like such a wonderful son.

I have some precious newspaper pictures of both my girls. The local newpaper likes to go out and get community interest photos. One day we were at the park letting Christina play on the play ground. I guess Michelle hadn't been born yet. But there was another family there with a puppy and she was having just as much fun with the puppy as she was with the playground. The local paper took that picture. Another picture was of Michelle. The Harlem Globetrotters were in town and they were making the circuit to the local grade schools and one of the guys picked Michelle out of the bleachers and tried to get her to twirl a ball on her finger.

Got up this morning, hobbled to the bathroom then hobbled into the living room to get to my heating pad. I think I will try now to go back to my bedroom and get my iPad and phone off the charger and turn my sound machine off. Need to get me a nice bowl of vegetable soup out to nuke for lunch. Did I tell you that Charlie also got a gallon of orange sherbet? Yeah, he thought it would help his stomach. Well it did but it is also sitting there in the freezer and I love it. At least he didn't buy vanilla ice cream along with it so we could mix it up and make a dream sickle.

Love my cyber sisters, Joyce, Indiana
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    KJL ~ What a beautiful baby Colin was and it seems he has grown into a wonderful young man. Thanks for sharing.

Margaret and Lisa ~ You express yourselves so well in reminding us that we are here to support and appreciate each other's individual talents and needs. We all come from such different backgrounds but we all need the friendships that we have forged here. Thank you both.

Everyone ~ Thanks so much for all the kind words about my mom's passing.

Carol
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,943 Member
    Options

Margaret and Lisa ~ You express yourselves so well in reminding us that we are here to support and appreciate each other's individual talents and needs. We all come from such different backgrounds but we all need the friendships that we have forged here. Thank you both.

Carol

:)<3 I agree so much with Carol's statement...Margaret and Lisa, you expressed so well what was in my heart...you had the words to say it...we describe this thread as a place to get support and encouragement...I want it to always be like that.