WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,920 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI.....

Home > Forums, Groups and Blogs > Can I block a user's forum posts?
    Can I block a user's forum posts?
    Yes, it is possible to ignore a user in the forums.

In a Desktop Browser:

To begin, click the "Community" tab at the top of the website.
    Then go to a discussion that has the user you wish to ignore.
    Next, select their username, and when their user card opens, click “Ignore.”

In our Android and iOS apps

To ignore a user in the forums, tap "Community" in the menu or “More” screen.
    Then go to a discussion that has the user you wish to ignore.
    Next, select their username, and when their user card opens, click “Ignore.”

How to unignore a user (can only be done on our website at this time):

Start by going to your ignore list: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/profile/ignore
    Find the user you wish to set back to normal, and click “Unignore.”
    I found this article helpful
    I did not find this article helpful
    Last Updated: Dec 06, 2016 06:49PM PST
    Contact Us

Email Us
    Copyright 2005-2016 MyFitnessPal, Inc
    Customer service software powered by Desk.com
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    My DstubbornH, I know that he has been really wanting to go out to eat. Most of you know we do go out to eat a lot. But since Dec 5th and I started my wicked cough, and then in the hospital for 6 days and then my back going out after I got home, that poor guy just had to go out. And he is a man of schedules and sticking to them. Friday nights is Denny's and his Slamwich. If you don't know what that is, it is a sandwich made on maple infused potato bread. On this sandwich is scrambled egg, sausage, and bacon. Calorie and fat on two pieces of bread all in a stomach that just got over a stomach bug that still hurts a bit. Plus I really didn't want to go out. My back doesn't feel good, it's damp and cold, my hair looks awful. So off to Denny's we went. The poor guy couldn't eat it!!!!! I m glad he was smart enough to ask for a carry out box for half of it.

As far as I know, I have only 'known' one Jewish girl. One time when I was flying home from a school break, I was lucky enough to have this really nice seat mate on the plane. She was about my age. Anyway she had a boyfriend that her parents didn't know about and she wasn't about to tell them because he wasn't Jewish. She went to small Jewish school and didn't like any of the guys there.

It's hard to admit but I am so glad we are not having Christmas here in my home this year. It is bearing down on me so hard that I only have a small part of my shopping done and the house is a mess. I know that we will have our actual celebration in a shelter hall but my brother usually comes over just to sit and visit. His wife tires easily and sometimes has to take a couple of trips back to the hotel. So John comes over here since the hotel is right down the street. I know John won't mind that the house is a mess and I guess it doesn't bother me that much but it does bother me some. It hurts even to make the bed. But the pressure to get this house ready for 33 people is off me now. As it is, I really can't see me getting to the mall going to oldest grand daughter's favorite place to get her an outfit. But I know how teenagers also like the green stuff and she has this favorite store in her city also. Poor thing, I have one present for her. It's a gift she really wanted though. But I always have a nice gift in their stocking and a gift for every adult female's stocking. But I have heard from a little birdie that some of the ladies are tired of the ornaments I buy them so I guess it is time to retire that tradition.

Praying for a miracle, Joyce in Indiana
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    picgifs-christmas-9991364.gif
    My dear friends. So sorry but no time to reply. Staying busy but thinking of you all with love and wishes for a wonderful Christmas.

Love,
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Cheri: :heart:

Becca: Thanks for your wisdom and your good wishes. :bigsmile:

Carol: My heart breaks for you. What a difficult situation. Losing a mom is very hard, and this season makes it even harder. (((HUGS)))

Heather: I join Barbie in thanking you for your attitude of gratitude. It is just right. :flowerforyou:

Pip: Thank you for the dog photos. I love them. :heart:

DH has gone to bed and it is only 8:15 pm. It was really a good day today. We got some food shopping done & I got to go to yoga. WIN!!! I'm looking forward to a horseback ride tomorrow. I haven't had any lessons since November because my teacher has been busy and unavailable. I'm looking forward to the lesson.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Cheri, love your picture. I have a question about it. You said it was in Parade magazine in your local paper. We used to get Parade in our Sunday paper here. I thought it was a national publication. Was your picture in all of the magazines or just in your paper?

I believe it was the Parade Magazine in the local Hartford Courant paper in Connecticut. They stopped publishing it a while back. I'm going to ask my parent's if they have an original copy with the story and pictures.

Cheri
    heading to bed in a few
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,319 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Carol - Sending my very best wishes and hugs for you. We did the Liverpool Care Pathway for my mum at the end and she passed peacefully and in no pain. <3 So sad it has to be at this time of year and I know how much you care for her. <3<3

I'm still experiencing niggles of guilt over being "put out" as my DH puts it, over my son wanting to stay an extra day. If it wasn't for my depressed elder son arriving, who will be dying for some peace and quiet after Christmas with his dad and two teenagers, I would have said yes and given them spaghetti!!!

Lots of love to all, especially Joyce. Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    B)

Kate UK
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Morning, all,

For those who keep Hanukkhah, Hanukkah is here! May the warmth and glow of each candle you light make your heart and home happy, your Hanukkah bright.

For those who celebrate Christmas, please don't forget to make time during the rush of the holidays to enjoy the things in life that really matter. Take in the precious moments spent with friends and loved ones, and savor them. May your holiday be warm and wonderful, joyous and filled with love and laughter.

For those of you who visit this board for the community, companionship, advice and comfort of like-minded women: Don't forget, we are here to help ourselves and each other get to or maintain a healthy weight and learn or reinforce the ability to take care of ourselves through healthy practices. Not a lecture, just a reminder. We deserve a place that doesn't judge, but does help us nudge ourselves back to the path we've chosen.

As the old year wanes, and the new one rises before us all, may we all find peace and joy within each other and within our own hearts.

With much love from West Texas,
    Lisa
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Mama passed away last night. I am so glad she is no longer in pain. All five of us will miss her greatly.
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    >:)
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    ((((Peach))))
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Peach I'm so sorry to hear of your mother's passing. I lost my dad in August in his 98th year & it's never easy. I hope fond memories sustain you. I now my family will be sharing stories about "Grandpa Franklyn" this Christmas as we gather for the first time without him.

Lois
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Oh, Carol, tears running down as I type this. May God enfold your Mama in his arms and send peace to you and your family. Wish I were close enough to give you a hug. <3

Janetr okc
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,771 Member
    Options
    Carol~my sincerest condolences sweet friend, it is always so very hard to lose a loved one around the holidays. may you remember and love her with the most wonderful memories..
    didn't sleep well last night.. I am going to go down to the small gym here and see if I can give myself the christmas present of doing 10,000 steps on the treadmill...
    Lisa~ love your information.. and Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas to you all.. so much to be thankful for.. Love ya all lots
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words! I love having you all as friends.

Carol
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    ❤❄❤❄❤
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    carol( <3 ) thinking of you
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,080 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Cheri love the photo!

Meg good to see you!

(((Carol))) So sorry for your loss.

Lenora I said it earlier no one can control the reaction of an audience. Sometimes we can influence their reaction if the audience is willing. All we can do is put ourselves forward with the best of intentions. Miriam, Sherry, and others because there are others that for their own reasons decided this site was not for them. That is their choice. They are always welcome back! They are missed whether they know it or not.

I am sad to lose Sherry because I think she needs us, and we need her. From reading her posts finding a loving group she could trust was not easy for her. To walk away from the rest of us because of one post is a sad loss indeed.

I do think it is important that if someone posts something we are uncomfortable to speak out. The difficulty is to do it in such a way where both sides feel heard and respected.

I have not always commented on controversy here because sometimes I have too much controversy going on in my own life or felt the parties involved needed to work it out for themselves.

I am commenting now because because I hear some of my fellow sisters hurting. (((Sherry, Lenora)))

I for one am glad to be part of such a dynamic group of woman. I feel safe here to voice what is on my mind. That being said I do have to remind myself this is still a public forum where anyone can read what I write. That is why I again agree with you Lenora that sending a private message to someone needs to remain private. I have sent private messages to some on this site when I felt I had something to say to them that I did not want the world to read. Others have done the same to me. By mutual respect the personal messages stayed in the personal messages.

After all that I need to download my pictures for Como Conservatory to bring some healing flowers into the mix.

:heart: Margaret
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    A drizzly day here in NY sending good thoughts, encouragement, and positive energy to anyone needing a boost :)

Be kind to yourself

NYKAREN
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,080 Member
    Options
    Some flowers to brighten the day!

ha6dvbehgnbm.jpg
    6e271bzu7v8j.jpg
    cij71h6sy0ab.jpg