GodMomKim Posts: 3,695 Member
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,061 Member
    Thx Karla, they make me feel good too ☃️
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    Betty - So very happy for you!!! Congrats!!! 677839p0yi9kuib0.gif

I too am waiting to see if my new numbers will let me out of the cholesterol meds jail. I won't take my blood test until Jan sometime.

My insurance sent me a letter telling me they will no longer pay for the specific cholesterol med I have been taking for 7-8 years as of Jan 1st. They will pay for another, but not this one because it is expensive.

So my doctor and I decided to stop the med and take a baseline blood test. If my numbers are good (like yours!!) then I am off meds all together. If not, then I begin the long process of finding a cholesterol med that I can tolerate. I've been through most of them on the market and all of them I have tried had nasty side effects, except this one that they will not pay for next year. Sigh.

Charleen in Colorado (Pulling out the warm weather gear, it's gonna be below zero as a daytime high real soon!)599976qecq7n1u65.gif
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 445 Member
    Charleen2 wrote: »
    Betty - So very happy for you!!! Congrats!!! 677839p0yi9kuib0.gif

I too am waiting to see if my new numbers will let me out of the cholesterol meds jail. I won't take my blood test until Jan sometime.

My insurance sent me a letter telling me they will no longer pay for the specific cholesterol med I have been taking for 7-8 years as of Jan 1st. They will pay for another, but not this one because it is expensive.

So my doctor and I decided to stop the med and take a baseline blood test. If my numbers are good (like yours!!) then I am off meds all together. If not, then I begin the long process of finding a cholesterol med that I can tolerate. I've been through most of them on the market and all of them I have tried had nasty side effects, except this one that they will not pay for next year. Sigh.

Charleen in Colorado (Pulling out the warm weather gear, it's gonna be below zero as a daytime high real soon!)599976qecq7n1u65.gif
    Charleen, I wish you all the best--I was beginning to lose hope I could do this without drugs, and I know taking meds is the only option for some, but I am happy there were lifestyle changes I could make that would help me. I don't know why it yoyos so much but I think for me the weight loss was key to today's reading. Sending positive thoughts your way!
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Hello Cheerful Chicas!

I have been trying to keep it all together here, at work – just the usual Holiday stuff – but, honestly, how do I forget that it’s going to be crazed around here, every year? It’s always this surprise to me... I will be glad when Christmas is here, and gone and all my co-workers return from the North Pole, or wherever it is that they disappear all month long.

I have been struggling with my December goals. It is very hard to keep the carbs lower than the protein when you love things like Pasta, Lentils and Bread. For the most part, I am succeeding – by adding extra meat to most of my dishes – and by avoiding the bread. If I go over on carbs eating beans, lentils or kale, I am not going to stress about it – but, I do try to not eat too much bread and pasta.

Alas, Today, we had our Team Building Luncheon for December – Southern BarBQue – which was actually not too bad on the carbs – I just passed on the coleslaw and the potato salad and ate meat and green beans. But that sauce... *sighs* carblicious. Oh well. Dinner tonight is leftover pizza (we buy a large pizza and freeze 3/4th of it, right off – so we share a quarter of the pizza every so often). And the pizza leaves me no calories to bulk up on meat – so, I am not making my carb goals, today.

I have also found that 8000 steps on Fitbit is a LOT of steps. I really have to get up every hour and walk when the buzzer goes – or I am not going to make it. I have come close a few times – but last night was the first time I actually hit the 8000 steps.... and it’s because I took a few moments to “walk the perimeter” of my office, rather than post with you gals. But, I am going to have to do it, here... because when I get home, I can’t count on more than a few hundred steps before midnight... It’s just serving dinner and then flopping down on the couch with my DH to watch TV – so, not a lot of step action, there.

I am still hitting the gym every day – and lifting based on the Strong Women Stay Younger plan. My weight is erratic - bouncing up and down – between 219 and 222 – which is driving me a bit crazy – since I so want to be able to show that 220 for Monday’s weigh in – but, I am just happy that it’s not going in the wrong direction. I have had a little trouble with... um... snacking, lately.

I really don’t understand it. I go for months and months with will of Iron – and suddenly snacks are crawling into my lap at night while I am watching TV. I think Janet secretly switched her fridge for mine!

OK, I really think my brain is rejecting success and self-sabotaging. I am going to think about it, some and see if I can figure out why Fortunately, I haven’t had any instances of downing a whole bag of chips or anything – but, I am certainly strongly drawn to chocolate, right now... maybe it’s just Christmas Depression? I will ponder the mysteries – while trying to keep myself from doing any serious damage.

I can deal with a holding pattern for a minute – but, I refuse to go in the wrong direction.

############

Katla – Got my fingers crossed for a good weather day for you to make your trip to Salem. And, hey, any time. Love me some kippers – Besides, I consider a trip to the canned meat department an “Exploratory Mission.” There are all sorts of interesting things to be found, there.

Lenora – Our little Grammar Goddess.... Cracker sounds like an awesome dog! And you are right... no one is indispensable – not even the CEO. Wish I WERE, but alas, no. LOL – My DH loves the hot dogs and vienna sausages... and he KNOWS what is in them. He likes the ones with chicken, pork and beef. He calls them Beaks and Tails.

Marcelyn – Nice – you are imortalized. Gosh, I used manual typewriters in high school – but never saw one after that. My old electric machine did not make the trip from Oregon to Texas... and now it’s all computers, all the time, anyway. So much has changed.

Joyce – My DH hated being in hospital for the same reasons – they came in every 3-4 hours to do something – to clean, to check his blood pressure, to give him meds, to check his blood sugars, to... to... to... Why they couldn’t do most of these things all at once was a mystery to us – unless they were trying to keep him in a state of perpetual half-sleep to keep him docile. That was our theory, anyway. He slept for about two days after he got home. Hope they get your nose all cleared out.

Pip – Your dogs are darlings!

Grace – I hope you and your daughter can come to terms without too much drama. It really is time for her to step up, now. You have other things to do besides get up at the crack of dawn – even to take care of your Darling GS.

Kim – Kudos to you for your cookie and candy fest. I would have eaten that .5 dozen, for SURE. I have no willpower when it comes to fresh baked cookies.... particularly not right now!

Janet
    – ((Hugs)) Hope your doc is wrong about the Lyme’s Disease.

Gloria – Gratz on losing the pound, Sugar!

Sherry – You did drop off my friends list! There is a trick to getting messages and friend requests to go out... You click on the person's name - a pop-up comes up that offers to send a message - however - it NEVER works. The trick is to click on the person's name IN the pop-up - it takes you to their profile page - and THEN you can send a message or do a friend request. I have sent you one. And we had at least one person leave us because she was getting thousands of e-mails every day. She didn’t realize you could just change the notifications to your e-mail so that didn’t happen. Some probably just can’t find us again. Not everyone is technologically inclined. Hope you can find a reasonable Subaru... they always did seem to be the car of choice for the winter weather. So sorry about the Direct TV...

Kate – That Dancing Star is adorable!

NYKaren – I am going to have to work on the year of saying “NO!” Particularly to chocolate.

Ann262 – Pre-logging rocks!! And yeah, probably a good thing not to stress too hard about what happens on the scale in the next couple of weeks – just keep the calories as close to in line as you can, and it won’t be too bad. You might even lose a pound... who knows? The scale is always erratic, at best, for me. I only record a weight change when I know it isn’t just water weight – and when it sticks for two days in a row.

Heather
    – Glad the family drama has died down. Sounds like you are having fun with that Heart Monitor... Fingers crossed for a serious buyer to come along, so you can move to your dream house.

Lillian
    – *Waves*

Allie – If Tom feels left out, perhaps he should make an effort to be a part of your life... Sorry you couldn’t find anything at the Goodwill. I hope you are having the most fun that you possibly can – with or without Tom’s presence.

Margaret – Ticks – ick! I am thrilled to be a City Girl.

Rita – ((Hugs!)) Hope things are getting better for ALL of you, Hon.

Penny
    – Maybe stress about work is my problem, too. I guess we are going to have to kick each other in the posterior, every so often.

Mary/MN – I hope the treatments work and you are Lyme free forever! Have a marvelous first Christmas!

Carol – Cute Moose! (Reindeer?)

Cheri – HURRAY for signing! Now we just all have to keep our fingers crossed until the loan funds and it’s all done. You may be wise to rent... it takes a LONG time to build up equity that makes it possible for you to walk away with money – and with the economy the way it is – and the way it’s likely to remain – renting may be your best option for the foreseeable future – especially if you two expect to move around, more, for work.

Lisa – Sorry about your “stuck” episode. Every so often I am also forcibly reminded to slooow down... Thank heaven nothing every really gets stuck in my Lapband... It either passes through, or it doesn’t. It really isn’t a lot of fun. Nice work on getting the chapter done!

CJ – Nice to see you!

Toni
    – Fortunately, Eating Words has no calories attached. We can start calling you Magic Hands? And Christmas IS a chore – at least for the person who has to shop, wrap, ship and prepare the feast. That’s why I don’t cook anymore... The China Wall Super Buffet will be open and thrilled to see us – and I will eat egg rolls and chicken chow mein until I can’t eat any more.. then I will go home and take a nap!

Becca – I bet your apron is the Christmasyest! Hope you had fun volunteering. Give us a Rah! Give us another Rah!

Mary/OH
    – Welcome!

SueBDew – Hope you have a fantastic trip!

Barbie – So glad Bernie’s bump is nothing to worry about! ((Hugs!)) And creamed herring is not the same as kippers. Kippers are much less damaging to your diet, as a rule. And they are delicious and smoky. I used to eat them often – with cream cheese and Rye Krisp.

KJ
    – I assume you are busy with the kiddies... Hope you are doing all right.

Carey
    – Glad you are properly fluffed and buffed... bet you are looking MARVELOUS!

Ginger
    – Welcome!

Betty – You just holler all you want! That ROCKS!

Charleen – Insurance companies suck.... but, maybe your numbers will be in line... If not, I hope you have the best of luck in finding a med that works. Man, I think I would like to have that sparkly robe... if only to wear around the house... lol.

############

Well, I have a bit more to do before I leave, not the least of which is “Walking the Perimeter.” I figure if I am going to succumb to chocolate, I had better get in every step that I can!

Hugs for Everybody!

Re in TX
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Been home for several hours with Mr Grumpy Pants. He didn't like it that they weren't ready to discharge at the moment he got there. Plus I had ordered lunch and it hadn't come yet. It was a nice chef salad and he wanted me to just eat it at home. But I knew the nurse wanted to check my B/P one more time and give me the afternoon dose of a new pill so I wouldn't have to rush out to pharmacy to get it. Last week I had a big pharmacy reorder and it is my fault that I hadn't taken the new meds and combined them with the old. So there was all meds reordered neatly in a tuppperware box and then new meds. Well Charlie had his appointment yesterday and with this doctor you have to take ALL meds with you. So he went through all my meds in my big cake pan, his medsin a small tupperware container. He had gone to the pharmacy to get my new meds and put them out. The breakfast bar was medicine container from end to end. We have had this medicine system for a long time, he takes so much less than me so his is in a small container and all his vitamins are in my cake pan. He didn't understand why I was frustrated. All I knew was that I needed to make my pill containers for today and next 2 days and all meds were scatttered. So He did agree to help with that but had no idea how. His idea was that he would count out pills. Well yes, that needs to be done but first there needs to be some organization and combination of the old ones witht eh reordered ones. He reminded me that he needed one of his meds reordered. I handed him the phone to his perplexed look. He had not done any grocery shopping, didn't want to assume what 'I' would want to cook. Well it's not an assumption, it's love. And Mom's not cooking right now. He is tired of my coughing, well I am to but so what.

The big old thing in my nose did come out today so I am breathing easier and I'm sure I will sleep easier. The inside of the nose is still tender but I'll deal with it.

Joyce, in cold Indiana

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,132 Member
    :)<3Joyce, glad you are home and sorry that there are so many frustrating bumps in the road for you.

<3Sherry, we had Direct TV in our old house and had an appointment scheduled with them at the new house the day we moved in and when the guy got here, he told me that because of the trees, he couldn't get a direct site to the satellite so we'd have to find something else. It turned out that we got a better price and better features from cable but I had to get over the disappointment first so I could visit the cable office.

yoga-exercise-smiley-emoticon.gif Barbie from NW Washington
  • GodMomKim
    joyce glad you are home and you are having mr grumpy pants help... grr!

Re- good to hear from you, love the walking the perimeter idea - so know this is a bit weird, but I get extra steps while brushing my teeth, or watching tv, I just march in place, I can do a few thousand steps during a 1/2 hour show.

Kim
  • sherryminch
    sherryminch Posts: 168 Member
    I've calmed down now....I'm still pissed because I can't stand incompetence, especially when you have been trained to do a job and don't do it....there is no excuse for this, with sooo many people out of work it just makes me angry when people are lazy and think they won't get fired for not doing their job and there are 100's of other people who would love to have that job and would do it right.....sorry, it's just my opinion....I've always worked really hard at my jobs and always put in 110% and I just think everybody should be that way.....I've never had much of anything in my life and learned a long time ago not to take what I do have for granted.....especially when it comes to some low level job somewhere that I may not really like and don't really want to do.....it at least helps pay the bills and I learned to be happy with that.....I don't think I am really expecting that much out of people....

Barbie - dear, I sent you a message....the book arrived today!

At least I got something wonderful in the mail today that wasn't expected until after Christmas.....it couldn't have come at a better time....

I also went and talked to Ron (the manager) and got the number for the local company here who can provide me with what I need, up to a point....so the decision now is to go with the bundle package (there is no choice in their services, you have to do the bundle) from the local company here, which would give me internet/phone (which I really don't need as my cell phone works fine up here)/and limited TV service, then I am going to Fred Meyer's in The Dalles and buy an Amazon Fire TV stick for my TV....and hopefully that will give me the channels I want, and if it don't then I will just have to be happy with what I can get....it's gonna cost me three times as much as satellite dish service would have, but oh well....since I am now disabled and basically forced to retire early I have to do something or I am going to go stir crazy out here in the middle of BF nowhere....I can only go for so many walks and read so many books....and Missy will only listen to me babble at her for so long, lol....

Anyway, I'm gonna go read for a while, I'll check back in a little while....

Sherry in "BF Nowhere" Dufur
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Busy chatty group today!

Betty so happy for you--look what you've done!!! Hooray, you are inspiring :)

Found myself using one of our favorite quotes today to one of my students who was freaking out (crying) from nerves moments before the concert. I had to walk him around to calm him down and found myself quoting you ladies "don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good". He didn't get it, but he calmed down enough to play the concert and I put that in the win column.

I is very tired and have an early morning concert tomorrow so good night dear ladies o:) NYKAREN
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    IremiaRe wrote: »
    Hello Cheerful Chicas!
    Cheri – HURRAY for signing! Now we just all have to keep our fingers crossed until the loan funds and it’s all done. You may be wise to rent... it takes a LONG time to build up equity that makes it possible for you to walk away with money – and with the economy the way it is – and the way it’s likely to remain – renting may be your best option for the foreseeable future – especially if you two expect to move around, more, for work.
    Hugs for Everybody!
    Re in TX

Well the closing is supposed to be tomorrow morning. Kinda weird cause I am so used to having to go to these things and sign a zillion papers. Did everything remote and the buyer is e-signing everything. By this time tomorrow we will not be home owner since 1984! We plan on staying put for a minimum of 5 years until the hubs is vested in the system at TAMU.

Cheri
    ready for bed in College Station, TX
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Sherry - so, so sorry about the TV deal. Huuuuuuuuug!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,061 Member
    edited December 2016
    ride hm 2 gym- 11.38min, 15.2amph, 150mhr, 2.9mi= 155c, fitbit
    didn't have cheststrap on for wahoo
    TREADMILL walk- 40min, incl 1.5, 5.4-5.6sp mostly, some 6-8sp, 10.43ap, 137ahr, 160mhr, 3.73mi = 404c
    fitbit- 184mhr 426c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.44min, 12.5amph, 149amhr, 1.4mi = 90c
    fitbit- 144mhr, 74c
    walk station 2 wk 10.12min, 2.8a, 110mhr, .4mi = 54c
    fitbit- 121mhr, 61c
    walk wk 2 station- 9.31min, 3.1ap, 90mhr, .4mi =41c
    Fitbit- 131mhr, 69c
    ride dome 2 hm- 18.40min, 8.3amph, 137mhr 2.5mi = 185c
    Fitbit- 144mhr 120c
    Total cal 929
  • GodMomKim
    :)
  • sherryminch
    sherryminch Posts: 168 Member
    Toni - thanks for the hug hun, I think the worst part of it was they charged my debit card $19.95 as a processing fee.....I feel like I paid to be treated like that.....and of course it's gonna take 5 days to get my money back because when they want your money they'll take it right out right away but when it comes to giving it back they take whatever time they want......I just hope I don't have to fight with them just to get it back, it's only $20 but I just don't want to ever deal with them again.....even if they were the only company left on the face of the planet....I would rather go without.....

Sherry in "give me my money back NOW!!!!" Dufur
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2016
    Re: This is the season for over eating. There is a lot of social pressure on most of us to go to parties, bake family favorite desserts, attend office parties, etc. Social occasions usually revolve around food. I get through it with portion control and avoid the things that make me want to pig out. You'll figure out what works for you. :bigsmile:

Joyce: I am so glad that you are home and breathing better with a clear nose. I hope you'll be able to get some quality rest. :flowerforyou:

Sherry: (((HUGS)))

It is only 8 pm but I am tired and there is nothing I want to watch on TV. :grumble: I'm a bit frustrated because I've been unable to take wreaths to the cemetery due to nasty road conditions BUT nearly all of our holiday shopping is done!!!!!!!!! Our present to ourselves is a new printer and it has been ordered. This was a necessary choice because our old printer quit for no obvious reason. I wanted one more gift to share with DH and I hoped to be able to get it ordered, too. We need another trainer so that we can ride both of our Terra-trikes in the garage side by side. The trainers are hard to explain but I have a picture of a trike set on a trainer at the bottom of this post. They let you ride in place against a set amount of resistance. The front wheels are blocked from forward motion and the back wheel spins against cylinders that create enough resistance to require effort from the rider. It allows an opportunity for good aerobic exercise without having to go out in bad weather. We have one of our trikes set up on a trainer already and need one for the other trike so we can "ride together." I imagine a big screen TV some day in the future showing the road ahead of us as if we're out in nature riding along and looking at the scenery. Maybe we could have virtual bike journeys in all sorts of interesting places without ever leaving home. (Some day.)

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn
    lm083pozyw38.jpg
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Sherry – Any possibility that the RV Park has a set-up where you could hook up to it for a ‘monthly fee’ so you’d get the shows and movies you want, or at least decent reception? I can understand the company not wanting to set up equipment to a single RV; but, whenever we’ve had our Women’s Retreat at Calloway Garden’s we get ‘good reception’ on TV and also WI-FI, that the Office provides us with a passphrase. I would think that others in the Park would be able to tell you ‘if’ they do; or what they do to get TV reception. But, they should have told you that ‘up front’. LOL! I can just image what “BF” means in this context.

Katla – We really do not expect for our DOS and his family to give us anything; because of financial reasons. We give to them because we want to; we don’t even expect anything from DYS and his family. Last year we got ‘wedding pictures’ in a book format and a picture of the 3 of them. DDnL#1 turned her nose up at their gifts to us, hopefully this year the medications she has been put on, will ‘work for her’. But, judging from a posting she made on FB, I am already wondering ‘if’ she has continued taking it. GGrrrrr!!!!!

Charleen – I’ve never been able to tolerate any of the ‘cholesterol-lowering’ medications; so I’ve just had to ‘try’ to control it by diet. I usually get it checked twice a year; but, since I have lost almost down to my goal; I haven’t had a test yet. I will just wait for my physical in April.

Re – I’m not sure I’d call myself the “Grammar Goddess” … I just remember my Mother getting all over me because I did not always talk ‘properly’. My Mother was a walking encyclopedia, she read voraciously, as did my Daddy; and, both my sisters read a lot (for pleasure). I just started doing so a couple of years ago. It does matter whether you like to read or not in order to make good grades in school. But, my DMGD does not really care to read more than is required; but, she is in the Honor’s Society at her school. She went through a period of being ‘bullied’ and DH told her the BEST way to get back at the ‘mean girls’ was to be ‘smarter’ than they are. She is totally beautiful; but, nothing you say to her will make her believe it. This year she got glasses and that really helped; apparently she could not see; but, did not know why. She is now dating a senior (also wears glasses). They laugh that they are the “Nerdy Two”. They met at school, I just don’t know how they got to be involved. He is a ‘talker’ to beat the band; and, her last BF would not talk at all, when he came over. She hasn’t been old enough to ‘car date’; but, her parents like this boy a lot more. He brings her (and the DYGD) home after school.

She has a lot of auburn tone in her hair (from my side of the family). She asked me this summer when we were on vacation what I thought about her getting her hair dyed auburn. I told her that she would look 'magnificent' as an 'Auburn Beauty with those big blue eyes of hers'. And she IS! I really do not understand why she doesn't think she is anything but 'gorgeous'!

Whenever DMGD tells her parents, ‘I love you’; he will say the same. DMGD asked her parents ‘why they would not say it back to him’. DOS told her, “Hell, I haven’t even told DOGD’s boyfriend that “I love him”. Maybe when he puts a ring on her finger, I will … will just have to see.

Cracker is an ‘awesome’ dog. This week, she has come inside when I have called her; and, I am making a ‘big deal’ over it telling her ‘she’s such a smart doggie’ … she is eating it up. She will even come right to the door and wait until I open it up. She's done that since we've had her and started letting her 'out on her own'. She'll come to the door and stick her nose right at the crack where it opens. It is so funny to watch her do that. She does the same thing to the bathroom door when DH goes in to take a shower; then she'll lay down in front of the door and wait. If I go in, unless I close the door good, she will squeeze in just enough so that the door does not open all the way. Then she wants to play with my feet. Hopefully, she won’t go running down the road to visit with the other ‘dog’. She brings us such joy and a lot of laughter, too. Saturday when I went to PetSmart, they were having an adoption day. There was a young female dog, looked a lot like her; but, didn’t have the JRT face like she does. She looked like a really sweet little puppy; but, I don’t need 2 ‘puppies’ at the same time. I hope she found a good family to go to. I’m just really ‘blessed’ that I found Cracker when I did. She would have gone very quickly at an ‘adoption day’.

I’d really like to have a small manual typewriter (to fill out forms with). I might try to get one, if I can find one.

Yep, it was the ‘beaks and tails’ comments that did it for me (for a while, anyway). I don’t like ‘bologna’ for the same reason. LOL!

I hate the hospital! Been there too many times in my life (some I don’t really remember); probably best if I never remember. DH hates them so bad, that it is like pulling hen’s teeth to get him to just come visit for a while.

I think you have to either make a ‘friend request’ or ‘get’ one; for the messaging portion to work.

My DDnL#2 bought a VOLVO, I ‘think that is the make; supposedly the safest car on the road because it has a steel bar going all the way around it. It seems strange to sit in it, because the tops of the door/bottom of windows … seem to be so much higher up. I can understand it being safe with a steel bar around it at armpit level. Traveling 20+ miles out to the 'lake place' at dusk or dawn and having 'wild animals' running out in the road is why she bought it. Had a coyote run out in front of her, has nearly hit a couple of deer. DYS tells her 'do NOT swerve to try missing one; you'll be better off just to hit it rather than running off the road and turning over'. My hairdresser's wife (here) did that and has been in a nursing home for nearly 2 years. He was telling me about it; and, I know it is 'instinctive' to want to try to 'swerve and miss one'; but, after hearing someone's story first-hand, I see why I am told 'it is that time of day where they will run out in the road'. We have them crossing the road in front of our house all the time. Have seen them grazing in the yard up by the road. When it is the 'rut' season, they don't have any brains in their heads ... all they want to do is 'mate'.

I am so happy that “Sundance” won “The Voice” … he was really, really good! But 3 of the 4 that were finalists were very good. The 4th one had ‘good songs’ for him; but, the other 3 were just heads above him in talent.

I pre-log my daily calories; but, I also try to ‘figure’ out where I go wrong and try to change it. The one thing I have trouble with is making sure that I actually drink the liquids that I track. I hate having to go back in and change it and re-print it.

Neurologist is ordering an MRI on me (have to get it and blood tests) on December 23rd. I definitely will take the back roads to get there, so I don’t have to ride past the mall which will be PACKED then. I only get weighed at the MD’s office every other Tuesday. I don’t trust my scales at home and they are heavy, so that just ‘freaks me out’ if I do. I’d be better off weighing myself at the Publix Lobby – those scales are more accurate. BP was low when I first got there. Told me to start taking it and making notes as to how I feel right before I take it. I've been having some really bad dizzy spells. I have medication to take for dizziness and also for nausea. He is going to compare this one to the last one that was done back in 2012, when I flipped my car in a wreck.

Told him that one of the things I really hated was not being able to 'sign' my name or write anything without it looking like 'hen scratching'. He drew what he called a 'snail' and asked me to do the same. Mine did not look anything like his did. Watching me do that ... he said it was called 'center' something and gave me a website to go to in order to read and understand it. Showed me the area of the brain that it affects. Said there was surgery that could be done; and, I told him, 'no thanks' ... I will only have surgery on my brain if I have a stoke of a bleed. Said that, at this point, any medication would not help significantly. If I had been put on it early on, then it might have helped some. I used to have a very pretty cursive writing. Told him that it affected my artwork; and, sometimes when I paint or draw something, I just have to put it down and pick it back up later.

Yep – Last year, my insurance went up $54 – talk about a ‘hit’ … that is one or two payments on something else. Hope it does not go up any more. I already pay more out of my retirement check than I receive clear and free. That’s sad; but, better than the alternative. At least I get my medications paid (or only owe a small deductible). I’m going to take advantage of having it, when I need to. I would not be able to afford my medications if I did not have 2ndary insurance.

Joyce – Keeping them in a big cake pan (with a top) is how I took my medications to my MD’s office; then I moved on to a large make-up bag, right now I have a soft case that is about 8” deep, 15” wide, and 15” tall. I’ve been asked several times before ‘if I was a drug rep’. LOL! Yeah … imagine that!?! If I did NOT put my pills in a ‘daily pill box’ for the week, I would be forgetting to take them. DH ‘reminds’ me to take my AM meds before he leaves for work; and, then before he goes to bed, he reminds me to take my evening pills. DDnL#1 bought a ‘big’ pill box reminder at K-Mart. I’m getting really close to needing to change to it. I can remember my Mother taking a whole lot of medications and never wanting to be like that. Oh well, sometimes we just don’t get what we ‘want’ all the time. As long as we get what we ‘need’ is more important. I’m glad your ‘bloody bugger’ finally came out. I have a place just inside my left nostril that drives me ‘crazy’. It is like a ‘white head’; but, then I pick at it until it bleeds, then it stops up … MD finally gave me an Rx strength medication to put up in there with a Q-tip. It finally cleared up, stopped itching or staying irritated. I know I have been stopped up before and could not lay down flat with my C-pap machine on. Made me feel like someone had their hand over my nose and mouth. I wear a ‘night guard’ over my teeth and put Biotene gel in it to keep it from just coming out. Close your mouth and it makes a seal, so I can’t mouth breathe. Glad that you are home and out of the hospital. Yeah, I know what you mean about being discharged from the hospital; they’ll tell you they are discharging you at a certain time, knowing there is no way to get the paperwork down to the office, typed up, let the pharmacy to fill any Rx's, and then allow you to leave for another 3 hours.

Barbie – When they put the analog satellite tower up at our house, they first had it directed towards Columbus, so we were not getting what we consider ‘local news’. That was our analog antenna. Said they could not do it, where it was located. Over the years DirecTV came out and put up dish satellites; but, never took down the old ones. When they brought out the HDTV satellite which is 3x as large as the others, I told them that they HAD to take all the others down and take it wherever their Dead Satellite Dishes get tossed. I did not care to have more satellite dishes attached to various buildings here than the actual TV station we wanted to get. They had to put it away from the house by about 5’ to be able to get the correct signal. We were then able to pick up a lot of stations. But, then we got what they called ‘live streaming’ and they said that we could get movies any time, new, old, and some that were still in the movie houses. That’s NOT what is happening. We were told they’d be ‘free’ and none of them are. Anywhere from $4 up to almost $10. Cheaper than going to a movie house; but, the point is, they told us one thing and it isn’t that. I call that a ‘classic case of bait & switch’. Bill is now $150 a month; so we are going to sit down and go over the bill and find out what package is best for us. DOS next door has Dish; but, they don’t have the same shows that we like. I don’t remember signing any contract. We’ve had DirecTV since we’ve been out here – 16 years. I think they tell you things so that you won't go to Dish, and it really isn't what you are getting.

Lenora
  • GodMomKim
    :)
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited December 2016
    Morning, all...

Sherry--we had issues, too, with the satellite thing, as we live in our camper trailer. We finally bought a Dish portable antenna outright, and have Dish on Demand. No contracts, the satellite dish sets itself, so no technicians, and you don't ever have to deal with local offices, just Dish's central sales site. We get the entire basic Dish package for $40, plus local channels for another $5. Total with taxes, etc., $48 a month, no matter where we are. If we travel over 200 miles, we just call them with the area zipcode we're in so the "local" channels reset. So glad to be off subscriptions that last forever and charge more and more over the years. We can call and have it turned off for a month, six months, a year, and then call and have it turned back on. No penalties, no fees, no hassle. And, it was easy set up--I set it up myself, and then called their system and it was on.

There's always a catch, though--unfortunately, the satellite dish we bought did cost us a bit over $400. It was worth it for us to never have to deal with the local cable people again--similar experience to your satellite people, only change the scenery to 100-degree weather standing outside arguing with a technician who wanted to run a cable through our trailer window. Finally threw them off the property. Took more than three months for the cable people to get the account straightened out that they triple overcharged, as well.

For the bedroom TV, we have the Amazon Fire Stick, as well, which 99 percent of the time we just use to access Netflix anyway. Amazon charges for most of their shows, so we don't tend to get them. Rather pay $10 a month to Netflix and no individual charges for each show.

Awake, slated to write for two hours and then go work out.

Love y'all!
    Lisa in West Texas
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited December 2016
    Carol Cutest Pom ever. Stinkin' cute!

Penny Oh those grandkids in their costumes! Absolutely adorable!

Joyce Hope you get well soon!

Sherry Your fun with the emojis brought me joy!

Heather Glad the family drama/trauma is at least temporarily resolved and you are back on an even keel. And Max the Sheep is delightful! <3

Lisa Glad that pesky blockage has resolved. No fun at all. :s:s:s And yay! for writing that chapter in your mystery novel.

Mary Have a great time celebrating your 4 Christmases!

Betty Wooooooot!! Congrats on the lab results!

Re You tickled me with your kipper love. You always surprise me. :D

Cheri So glad you are getting the Ohio house behind you. Onward!

Barbie Oh so glad Bernie's bump was just a bump.

Pip Love all the pup pics.

DJ Hi, hoping you are just busy getting ready for Holidays.

Hugs to all and welcome to newbies!

Went to granddaughter's Christmas concert last night. It reminded me that when I was a kid, our concerts were pretty awful until an amazing man came to our little town and turned everybody into musicians. He was the Music Whisperer. It was incredible what he did for the Arts in our tiny Plains town! Feeling very grateful for him this morning, as he enriched all our lives.

Karen in Virginia t07206.gif