The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• heppy72
    heppy72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. New here, well not New using MyFitnessPal. I have just recently been told that I have type 2 diabetes and I now going to look at getting active and making smarter diet choices. Would love to see how making friends and being involved in a community may help me get over the hump. Feel free to add me
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    @Yelnatsceltics That's my name (apparently). I'm colourful. I've slept now, which is good. Sneaking out of the naughty corner like I was never there. Doodidoodidoo

@heppy72 I was diagnosed with insulin resistance (AKA pre-diabetes) and put on a low carb and low fruit (like one serving a day max of each) diet. It was torture because I had to eat 5 small meals a day and I am not a breakfast person. It helped with my blood glucose though and last I checked I was in the normal range. Now I use intermittent fasting because I'd rather have one big meal than 5 small ones that leave me perpetually hungry! Plus I've cut all carbs (other than those in vegetables) out of my diet. It works better for me because one slice of bread always turns into 6!

Wow! Essay over. Good morning people!
  • GamaryAndrea
    GamaryAndrea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all back on the Fitness Pal road again. Hoping for words of encouragement since I decided to do this right in the middle of the holiday season lets see if this works
  • Versicolour
    Options
    Hi all back on the Fitness Pal road again. Hoping for words of encouragement since I decided to do this right in the middle of the holiday season lets see if this works

Best time to start! If you can do it now, you can do it any time. If you stumble a bit, as we all do, just brush yourself off and try again!
  • dgthom72
    dgthom72 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Good morning middle agers!!! Brushing yesterday off. Like round 12 of a rocky fight.

Have n awesome Tuesday!!!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    dgthom72 wrote: »
    Good morning middle agers!!! Brushing yesterday off. Like round 12 of a rocky fight.

Have n awesome Tuesday!!!

Heyyy watch it with that "middle agers" stuff .. :p
  • dgthom72
    Options
    Ha!! I’ve been called waaaaaaaaay worse!!!!!!!
  • TaschaBeri
    TaschaBeri Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Im 39 and couting. Looking to make more friends for motivation and support through each other's journey. Do add me yah
  • HotMermaid729
    HotMermaid729 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    24th anniversary of my 25th birthday! Feel free to add me. B)
  • dgthom72
    Options
    Haha!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY @HotMermaid729 !!!! You may be too young for this thread being so young, but in the spirit of celebrating anniversaries, have an awesome day!!!!
  • Wendy34291
    Wendy34291 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 59 and holding.... does that count, or do I need a fake id? (LOL)
  • dgthom72
    Options
    All fun Wendy!!! Come on in. Watch jo. She bites!! No fake ids needed. Just keep up!! Or pass us and we will have to keep up.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    dgthom72 wrote: »
    All fun Wendy!!! Come on in. Watch jo. She bites!! No fake ids needed. Just keep up!! Or pass us and we will have to keep up.

Heyy, I bit just that one time :D
  • dgthom72
    Options
    Na- ah!!!!!! Then there was that other time. And the other time..... such fun times!!!!
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    Options
    Ooh!!! Why were my ears not burning??

I've never been naughty a day in my life! And even if I had, I would never be caught....

Ahem. Um, what were we talking about again?

Oh yes, mistletoe and Mrs Claus outfits. Or was it Santa's elves? Pixies. I do a good pixie impression. I'm lost again. Someone send me to bed

I went to bed early last night. Looks like I missed quite a lot!
  • Versicolour
    Options
    seepersaud wrote: »
    Ooh!!! Why were my ears not burning??

I've never been naughty a day in my life! And even if I had, I would never be caught....

Ahem. Um, what were we talking about again?

Oh yes, mistletoe and Mrs Claus outfits. Or was it Santa's elves? Pixies. I do a good pixie impression. I'm lost again. Someone send me to bed

I went to bed early last night. Looks like I missed quite a lot!

Haha! Why do you think I couldn't bring myself to go to bed!! I was scared I'd miss something
  • rgec58
    rgec58 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP, having used it for about 1 month, 24 straight days of logging. I'm 59, so on the outer edge of the group. I run, Half Marathons and ride 100k and 100 mile road bike events. I have a blog, http://wholelivingafter50.com and am trying to have a healthy lifestyle which includes what I eat. I have lost 15lbs since I have begun my weight loss journey. I exercise 4 times per week, either running or cycling. I am 5'7" and started at 193, now down to 178. I had a moment of weakness two nights ago, eating as much candy as I could find in the house...Smarties, Sweet tarts, and Cookies & Cream Kisses. I'm back on track, but that moment cost me 2 lbs, throwing my metabolism off. Yesterday was that day of challenge, do I give up, like before, or do I continue. I am continuing and feel better about it today. He eharroney, keep on keeping on...it is well worth it.
  • dgthom72
    Options
    That’s awesome. @rgec58 keep on keeping on. More than welcome in the group!! Inspire us!!!!
  • CILLAJ8
    CILLAJ8 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Rainy Tuesday in NY. I had salad for lunch and I still want to curl up by a fire and take a nap. 4 more hours. . .