The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• ArkadyRose
    ArkadyRose Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have a similar issue. My final pregnancy was really rough, and then I just never lost the baby weight and then some. Before that I was a hardcore gym rat and very fit--active my whole life. That's what I see in my mind's eye. Even though I've been very overweight for the last seven years, I'm still constantly surprised at how big I am when I catch my reflection or step on the scale.

I'm now on a journey to make the reflection in the mirror match my mental picture of myself.

--Randi

I have a similar issue - was fine with babies 1 and 2, and just before I fell pregnant with my youngest I was the fittest I'd ever been (thanks in no small part to a lot of Morris dancing - you may laugh, but just try playing a flute whilst high-knee skipping all around the Square Mile in London leading a bunch of Morris dancers!) but I've never been able to shift the weight I put on with her, and my metabolism seemed to slow right down afterwards. I still have this mental image of myself as this fit, active and slim person that I haven't been in 9 years. I get reminded of it whenever I try to do anything more active than a stroll to the shops though. :/

Determined to turn it around though and regain that level of fitness again though. There's a new gym opening up just 10 minutes' (fast) walk away from where I live that I think will help. :)

• handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Hi all hope your day is good

Feel free to add me if you like
  • Jlboudoin
    Jlboudoin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm trying this again! I'm 48 and I've hit that brick wall. Fighting hormones, peri-menopause and a sedentary job. I'm ready for a change! My main struggle is knowing what to eat.
  • Zekezinzi
    Zekezinzi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a middle, middle ager. Been on MFP for almost 1 year. I lost about 40 pounds of my almost 100 goal in a little over 6 months. Gained all but 15 or so of that lost weight in about 4 months. I've been back at it doing the right things and doing them the right way - slow and steady. Feel free to add me.
  • Armychick27
    Armychick27 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Will be 40 next month. Struggling to get back in shape and needing some support and motivation so please feel free to add me!
  • nickblitz78
    nickblitz78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 add me..pounding the weights and feeling good! God bless!
  • 2girlzmm
    2girlzmm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Reading all the posts and noticed that many here find inspiration in the success of others. A friend of mine (who is an inspiration herself at 68 ) recently shared a story that inspired her. Last summer, she entered an Olympic distance triathlon in upstate NY. The Olympic distance race consists of a 1500yd swim, followed by a 26 mile bike ride and finishing with a 10k run.

In triathlon, competitors are marked on the calf to identify their age group. So a 25 year old male would have "M25" marked on his calf. With that in mind, one gentlemen lined up at the start of the mens swim wave really reminded her that age doesn't have to be a limiter:

8p9uojconxj9.jpg

That is Awesome!
  • 2girlzmm
    2girlzmm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    This is a picture of my friend Joy. She started running marathons at 59. I've included the wikipedia link about her. She was amazing! <3

https://g.co/kgs/6lQTLZ

ad7qaw83g7pi.jpg

Love it!
  • kslager77
    kslager77 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Approaching 40 way too fast. Lol. Feel free to add me. :)
  • sanjmeh
    sanjmeh Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Speziface wrote: »
    52 back in August. And right now I weigh less than I did when I graduated high school!

Wow!
  • jacameron977
    jacameron977 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    36 Scotland. Uk here
    Add me
    Keep me motivated
  • Sassia
    Sassia Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Not being rude not adding people, I jist can't add people on my phone (it tries to email or something!) but happy for others to add me.
  • hisqueen37
    hisqueen37 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'll be kissing 40 in February !!! Great to read so many people are involved in taking control of their health!
  • stitchinowl
    stitchinowl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    55 here. I am starting back on MFP after not keeping up with it 3 years ago. I want to lose 40 lbs...would be thrilled with losing even 25. I was going to join Weight Watchers, but I like the way MFP works better.
  • Getfitat54
    Getfitat54 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    54 year old buy here. Wanting to be in better shape than I was when I was 40. Feel free to add me as well.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Getfitat54 wrote: »
    54 year old buy here. Wanting to be in better shape than I was when I was 40. Feel free to add me as well.
    I started at 54 in a very similar place. Sounds like you have a plan and are on your way. Best of luck with your health and running goals. feel free to add me.
  • waltcote59
    waltcote59 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Seems that I try to lose weight after I have my physical and get put on some medication. Last time I was here, got put on Metformin and I lost a good amount of weight. Well just had my physical again after gaining a good amount back from mainly eating and drinking without a care. This time it is blood pressure medication. Happy days!! So going to give it another go. :/
  • dtcjem
    dtcjem Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Soon to be 48 here and on a journey down. Trying to beat this weight game finally before 50! Feel free to add me.