The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• gabybvmfp
    gabybvmfp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Add me!!! Everyone! 40 and counting
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new middle agers posting here.

I must admit to making a large dent in the Christmas cookie inventory at home over the last few days.

Even with marathon training miles burning a bunch of calories, this has to be a short term approach, since I don't think cookies are an approved recovery fuel. :)
  • laffercat
    laffercat Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Tnguy865 wrote: »
    42 in Tennessee new on here lost 30 plus pounds this year 20 to my goal. Feel free to add ! ✌

Hi there! You look great. I am a Tennessee girl.
  • zennerd7
    zennerd7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    dtcjem wrote: »
    Last few days I saw the scale go the wrong direction! I hate this scale addiction!! Honestly martini's haven't helped but now for the gym!
    Hang in there! It's difficult to be 100% on it this time of year - try, try again!
  • 2girlzmm
    2girlzmm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone! Hope that Santa was good to you all.
  • George0190
    George0190 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Season's greetings and merry Christmas everyone!

- Why not go out on a limb? That's where you find all the fruits of life.
  • claudiaclark73
    claudiaclark73 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas all!
  • AggieRL
    AggieRL Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    <---- 47 here. Always looking for more friends :)
  • JackieAnnD
    JackieAnnD Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    All those holiday goodies uggghhhhh! :s
  • JackieAnnD
    JackieAnnD Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sweat pants are not the answer!! I was thinking about joining weight watchers again, but I want to try losing weight on my own with MFP.
  • eyleene
    eyleene Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    hi everyone . please add me ,i am in Londonderry ,Sydney ,Australia . turned 50 last sep and by chinese horoscope , a female fire horse . now it used be tradition for girls to be drowned at birth because they would be highly unlikely to be married off because they were not the most obedient etc , so that should pretty much explain me . i might be getting older but I refuse to grow up . lost 15 kgs 1 yrs ago thanks to mfp and kinda stalled the last so really need to get my head back on the right track AND STAY THERE .Still got at least 30 k before I even get close to where I should be .
  • sandee115
    sandee115 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    42 and taking on the toughest challenge of my life, I need to lose 40lbs. Let's help each other through this journey. Anyone in this group can add me, we could all use the motivation!
  • lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am 62 young can I talk here
  • crypsyx
    crypsyx Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    i'll certainly talk to you :)
  • DomCraigKing
    DomCraigKing Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    lindasain wrote: »
    I am 62 young can I talk here

and I will happily talk to you too, age is but a number in My mind. You want to chat I know I for one will listen and help.
  • vangirly
    vangirly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm 43, wife of 21 years and mom of two teenage boys. I need all the support that I can get. My hardest time of day is at night when I'm home and everyone is working or socializing. Please feel free to add me on here and/or Fitbit.
    van.girly@yahoo.com
  • dtcjem
    dtcjem Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yup - how is it humanly possible to put on so much weight so quick??? Seriously like 8 pounds in a few days. Has to be a broken scale and NOTHING to do with the cookies, pies, ice cream and alcohol. Grrrrr. To the gym I head
  • Mom2gramma
    Mom2gramma Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I lost a little over 30 lbs. since starting this journey a couple of years ago. Now it seems like I am struggling to lose but a couple of lbs. and then it goes right back on. I was eating about 1250 cals. a day but have put in a new goal of 1350 to see if that would kick start things in the right direction. I go to the pool and walk it for about an hour (use to be about 5x's a week, not but a couple lately), but with my job I have only made it maybe once or twice a week lately. I work in a grocery store bakery so I am on my feet and walking for 5-6 hours at a shot. Going to start some core exercises today and really hoping that helps and then hit the pool tonight after I get off work.
    Any suggestions on what may help would be appreciated. Have a great day everyone!