The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    DanR_85 wrote: »
    Just about to hit the big 4-0 this year! Would love to have some friends on here. Please add me!

It gets better.....I am 51 and LOVING IT! 45 was my best year. By far!

Love that attitude. I must admit I do worry about hitting my 40s/50s but you make it sound okay.

Dude, cant get into the details here (I would be SO BANNED! And likely hated....but ask me where my "dont give a f**k meter" is? That's right - way the f**k up there (pointing towards the sky)) but let's just say that 50 is the new 30's! AND THEN SOME. It really is all mindset. 40's were just the start.

Embrace it, man! I mean, what is the alternative? Not having another birthday? I tell everyone that I am six feet tall and not six feet under. God willing, I look forward to #52. Enjoy 40 and start killing it!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    Options
    ginjennie wrote: »
    Hi all turning 49 soon and in better shape now than in my twenties. Still fighting it and looking for friends to help motivate.

Exactly....I was an athlete for a long time. Better in the last five years than in my teens and 20's. I am telling y'all! It only gets better. Just stay consistent and keep on, keeping on. Find excuses to go to the gym instead of not going. I can not tell you how many times I have been on the way home after work (instead of going to the gym) and all of a sudden something clicks in my head....WTF am I doing? Well, headed the wrong way, that's what! And I turn my happy *kitten* around and kill it in the gym. Mindset, people! I am telling you....you get that right, look out!

Fight it? Embrace it? Whatever words you use....it is the same fight (I would suggest - since I like to see the positive in everything - that 'embrace it' might help more with the mindset....at least, for me). Whatever works for you. I am telling y'all! If I knew back at 20 what I now know.....HOLY COW!

Anyway, don't listen to those folks...."Hey, old man!" and the like. Just let them think what they think. And then, when the opportunity presents itself, humbly surprise the s**t out of them! Can't tell you how satisfying that is. The look of "Oh, s**t! He can do that!" on their face.....PRICELESS!

Anyway....enjoy! Humbly dominate!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Saturday. Time to buckle down and get serious again after a week of eating dangerously!

MAN, that is the best kind! LOL! Gotta pay yourself sometimes. Sounds like you embrace that concept! EXCELLENT!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    Options
    41- I enjoy kickboxing, walking, and whatever Jillian Michaels video. I just need to get started again. My biggest issue is time.

Time......the 800lbs gorilla in the room for just about everyone. I used to train a couple of gentlemen who were just a little bit older than I. Schedule was always an issue. Funny, I got tired of their excuses (and that is what they were) and asked them to document every half hour what they were doing......watching way too much TV....that is what they were doing.

My point....if training is really what you want to do and it genuinely is important to you then find a way to make the time. Remember when you first met someone and excitement and anticipation rule your emotions and you make time to see that person, to spend time with that person? Chrissie! Gym! Gym! Chrissie!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    edited May 2018
    Options
    TomFit18 wrote: »
    Good morning peeps! Lets have a great holiday weekend!

Sitting in Starbucks here on University Parkway and listening to people complain about the weather. Yes, it is raining like crazy here in Winston-Salem. But, we all have 10 fingers and 10 toes....we have the option to get up and go to Starbucks (or, not....or, somewhere else).

Not to get political, but let's take a moment and remember our fallen. Those brave Americans who paid the ultimate price so that we can go to Starbucks (or not!).

I am proud to say that my father is retired U.S.M.C and that my little brother is retired U.S.A.F - thank you for your service, Dad! Thank you for your service, Chad!

Happy Memorial Day, everyone!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    Options
    tricia391 wrote: »
    Lol. I'm almost 58yrs. I think I just made it in. Hello to all.

Ha! Barely! But, welcome in.....barely! You know that we are gonna have to kick you out soon! I am not that far behind you (and I would love to see the people who try to kick me out!!!).
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday Morning! Can’t wait to get to the gym and do my body good. Made a freaking great Jambalaya yesterday and didn’t go overboard. Looking for a nutritional win this upcoming week. Carpe Diem!
  • DocMcStuffens
    DocMcStuffens Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone!! Wishing you a restful day
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone!! Wishing you a restful day

Thanks, but my Sundays are always very busy and tiring.
  • lisaloumn2
    lisaloumn2 Posts: 203 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    trying to motivate my butt to finish mowing the yard and weeding - ugh where's a lawn boy when you need one?
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday afternoon. Enjoy your day all
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    TomFit18 wrote: »
    Have a great weekend peeps.....
    https://youtu.be/KC0DNLDXJW8

First heard Halestorm's "Apocalypto" in the rotation at the gym one morning a couple of weeks ago. One of those "What band is that?" moments. Searched based on the lyrics and got the band name. Have been checking their catalog since, but had not heard this song. Will add it to the rotation. Thank you.

• Ralphone
    Options
    I know you preps are all probably sleeping. I am up late sitting here fighting the urge to eat something anyone help?
  • berky06
    berky06 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Ralphone wrote: »
    I know you preps are all probably sleeping. I am up late sitting here fighting the urge to eat something anyone help?
    Don't do it! Find something else to take your mind off of the food. Maybe drink some water. Or you could just go to bed...lol! I know those urges are strong. I gave into one the other day, that I had been fighting for about three days. It was potato chips. I didn't eat the whole bag, which was a step in the right direction. I counted them. If you have the calories, you could maybe have something that won't blow your day! That's not worth it.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Thanks I am having a diet coke lol thanks for the help
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Going to be good
  • berky06
    berky06 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Ralphone wrote: »
    Thanks I am having a diet coke lol thanks for the help

I'm indulging in a glass of unsweetened ice tea! Have a good rest of your night! :)
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Thanks you too
  • dkjk1105
    dkjk1105 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Memorial Day. Thank you to everyone who has served our country.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Good night peeps, hope you all have a brilliant day.. can someone tuck me in and turn out the light :D