The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Tisha247 wrote: »
    I think what sucks about aging is everyone's assumption that you want to be younger or look younger. I'm 43 and loving it!

Haha this.
    I make no qualms about being 45. Don't tell me I look like I'm in my late 20s or early 30s Becuase I am happy with my age so therefore I am what a 45 year old looks like. :)

Yeah if she's 43 and your 45 then I'm 50! Oh wait I actually am 50. :smiley: But for what it's worth neither of y'all look in your 40's. And Ali, I do agree you look like a late 20's.

But if I can be serious for a minute. I totally agree, you're only as old as you feel and I have the mind of a 30 year old. Of course I have the body of a 70 year old! :lol: I almost made it a minute.

Haha DW as you know my body feels like an 80 year olds. Haha. Although this impingment I've been told is common in people 41-60 so guess I'm on track
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Yeah, Wednesday...almost halfway there. I know I feel better at 56 than I did at 36 and 46. It stopped being about how I looked and started being about how I feel and the quality of life. Looking fit (at least compared to the average American and I am in America) sort of goes along with the ride (and I'd spent too many years as the average American). I'd say quality of life is the biggest thing--I've hiked to the base of Mt. Everest, throughout Patagonia, volcanoes in Ecuador, through the Canadian Rockies, and headed to the islands of Phuket and to Bali. Completed 15k (actually 10 mile) road races, although I think a half may elude me. All of this post-50. I am what 56 looks like. And HELL yeah, I am proud of myself. Namaste!
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Tisha247 wrote: »
    I think what sucks about aging is everyone's assumption that you want to be younger or look younger. I'm 43 and loving it!

Haha this.
    I make no qualms about being 45. Don't tell me I look like I'm in my late 20s or early 30s Becuase I am happy with my age so therefore I am what a 45 year old looks like. :)

Exactly, ppl tell you, oh you look younger, I don't care!! LOL
  • politicalape
    politicalape Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi folks. So I am generally meeting my calorie goal each day but always go way over on sodium. Should I be worried?
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi folks. So I am generally meeting my calorie goal each day but always go way over on sodium. Should I be worried?

Have you checked the foods you're eating and ticked "Sodium" as one of your tracked nutrients? I usually toggle sugar off/on when I need to check on sodium and others, as sugar is more of a concern for me after the big ones I track.

Also, since this is the introduction board. Howdy all! Day 32 of constant login and tracking here. 25Lbs down, so feelin' pretty good. Quite a bit to go, but hopefully I'll get there. Hope everyone is having a good day.
  • germangirl2007
    germangirl2007 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think I go here. 😊 37, mom of two little girls, and finally trying to get serious about kicking the 20-30lb I have to lose. I lost all my baby weight almost 2 years ago, and then gained 20lb back because I’m a stress eater and life got chaotic. I’m over it! Glad to be here with all the other middle-agers ready to do the damn thing! 😉
  • sujeetbhatte
    sujeetbhatte Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    39 yr old with 77 lbs weight loss goal. Please feel free to add me.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options

Have you checked the foods you're eating and ticked "Sodium" as one of your tracked nutrients? I usually toggle sugar off/on when I need to check on sodium and others, as sugar is more of a concern for me after the big ones I track.

Also, since this is the introduction board. Howdy all! Day 32 of constant login and tracking here. 25Lbs down, so feelin' pretty good. Quite a bit to go, but hopefully I'll get there. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Hey great job

And Re the sodium it will cause you to retain fluid and isn't good for blood pressure and in general. Maybe try to cot some out.
  • mattnmandy81
    mattnmandy81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, 37
  • mattaturtle
    mattaturtle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I turned 50 this year! WooHoo the BIG FIVE 0!!! Ima gonna be trying hard on my health goals this year and hopefully from now on. Please feel free to add me! 😊
  • laughinagain912
    laughinagain912 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Late to start trying to lose weight. I've never had a weight problem, then menopause set in... pretty early. Poof, I was up 30 pounds and completely miserable. So, now I'm doing this.
  • pobb75
    pobb75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Morning,
    I’m 42 mum of 2 boys (9 and 12)and I’m one of those who feels like they are “forever trying to lose weight” tbh I would only like to lose about 9/10lb and keep it off AND lose the belly fat but I’m rubbish at staying motivated 😡😡😡
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Morning all! Make today a good work out day 💪
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Hi all. 41, decided to change my life after a severe bout of depression. Have lost 25lbs so far and hoping to keep going!

Thats a nice loss 👍
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

Another nice loss 👍
    Consistent logging will help you keep the eye on the prize.

Well at least you're now aware of it and you can maybe start looking at what things are high in sodium and find an alternative.

Good afternoon middle agers ☺
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Good all you M agers try to eat better and just a bit less today. Let's all have a great Friday Jr. Good luck all
  • dkjk1105
    dkjk1105 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Morning group, happy Thursday. Make every workout count!
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps...have a superb Thursday!
  • Aderlay
    Aderlay Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Good mornin' all! Beautiful rainstorm this morning. Just finished watching before I hit the gym. Have a wonderful day
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Woohoo.. almost Friday for me..