The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    luvtcuk wrote: »
    Hi. I am 40 and just started. How can I add friends? If you see this please add me. I would like some friends and inspiration. I would do the same to support you. ❤

From the desktop/computer app:

1) Click on the username in the left sidebar.
    2) A window will open. Click on the username again.
    3) The user profile will open. Click on the "Add Friend" button. It helps to send a message along with your request - where you saw the user - common interests or goals - or stuff like that. Just a little introduction.

See above how to add people.
  • Craig_King_1967
    Craig_King_1967 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Today is a struggle, worked out hard last night and woke up with a head full of fluff and a throat like the bottom of a budgie cage !
    The two aren't linked, new baby in the house is like a germ factory ! Grandchildren's blessings take many many forms !! >:)>:)
    Work still being done though and I am going to make it through the day here and get into the gym when I finish.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Back on track. What's good people?
  • fatty233
    fatty233 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Sitting in an airport waiting to board a flight...I need a new job....
  • Cardioguy81
    Cardioguy81 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    80 degrees at 5:30am, and we have school closings on the first day of school...
  • dkjk1105
    dkjk1105 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Peeps. First day of school here and no closings yet 🤞🏼. Have a great week.
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Good morning on this Monday-feeling Tuesday. Great run Sunday, if not hot and disgustingly humid, some Yoga, a Zumba class, and way too much watermelon and mango. Weight is maintaining. Really looking forward to the cooler and less humid Fall weather. I did back to school shopping although I have no one in school I need to shop for, which means the 50% off Old Navy jeans were all for me, as well as the new Brooks running shoes and new hiking shoes. Carpe diem!
  • sniper300_Rum
    sniper300_Rum Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Cant wait till October 1st
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Back to the salt mines...hope the week goes well for everyone!
  • kellie7850
    kellie7850 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi 41 year old here feel free to add - in new here
  • crymil1227
    crymil1227 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all! Back to the grind today. I was not feeling the best the past two days so trying to ease back into my routine. Good workout this morning making sure to monitor my food today! Let's make it a great short week!
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options

Back home after a few days visiting family in Pittsburgh (Go Steelers Nation!). I'm actually looking forward to getting back into the gym tonight after work for some light strength training. I'm recovering from a torn rotator cuff, so nothing crazy stupid ... slow and steady.

I find the 30 minutes I spend at the gym is a great de-stressor. I also find it's nice to complete a workout and to know that I'm doing something for myself; to better my weight and fitness as I grow older.
  • solorex
    solorex Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    hayris2018 wrote: »
    Military gal here looking for other Soldiers trying to get/stay in shape! Just need battle buddies to support each other!

Welcome! Not currently active, but ex-Navy. Thanks for making the commitment & dedication.
  • sniper300_Rum
    Options
    Military gal here looking for other Soldiers trying to get/stay in shape! Just need battle buddies to support each other!

Thank you for your service to this great country
  • sniper300_Rum
    Options
    solorex wrote: »

Welcome! Not currently active, but ex-Navy. Thanks for making the commitment & dedication.

Thank you for your service to this great countey
  • MJoterp
    MJoterp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! Middle aged lady here with a middle aged waist! Oy! Need motivation and advise from like minded folk. :)
  • lani2j1
    lani2j1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello All! Time to get back on track and make some changes to a healthier me. I need friends to keep me motivated and accountable! 🙃
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    So today is my brothers birthday which means it would also have been my dad's birthday. He'd have been 81 today!!! He passed away when he was 79 so happy heavenly birthday to my dad. I did see this butterfly on a sunflower after my run today. Made me kinda happy wvv8r75jczjv.jpg

Awww, nice thing to see on your father/brother's birthdays!
  • lorenaballou
    lorenaballou Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm a returning MFP'er who tried other apps and programs that didn't work and came back here. I'd love to connect with other middle-agers who can identify with a 42 yr old needing to lose 40 pounds without cutting out a particular food group and exercising moderately. Is that specific enough, lol!