The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    solorex wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Did someone say coffee?
    We had a guest last night. When we see him both he and I seem to end up not feeling well the next morning. Weird how that happens isn't it.

Have a good day my middle aged warriors

Coffee!!! The liquid of life. :lol:

So, does nobody ever drink tea??

I had a tea with my lunch
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Did someone say coffee?
    We had a guest last night. When we see him both he and I seem to end up not feeling well the next morning. Weird how that happens isn't it.

I got home after getting my shoulder ultrasounded (is that even a word) and couldn't face even making a cup of coffee so went to the rink and got one there and went for a skate.

Was it a therapeutic ultrasound treatment? I usually feel pretty good after having my Achilles tendon treated by ultrasound. Now I"m wondering if there is pain coming in future treatments. :)

This was to see if there's anything wrong in my shoulder. I have had the therapeutic kind. It shouldn't hurt. I had it once and it did hurt and when I mentioned it was told that isn't good
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Did someone say coffee?

I got home after getting my shoulder ultrasounded (is that even a word) and couldn't face even making a cup of coffee so went to the rink and got one there and went for a skate.

Was it a therapeutic ultrasound treatment? I usually feel pretty good after having my Achilles tendon treated by ultrasound. Now I"m wondering if there is pain coming in future treatments. :)

This was to see if there's anything wrong in my shoulder. I have had the therapeutic kind. It shouldn't hurt. I had it once and it did hurt and when I mentioned it was told that isn't good

Sorry to hear this. I hope it turns out to be easy and not painful to correct.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Did someone say coffee?

Sorry to hear this. I hope it turns out to be easy and not painful to correct.

Thanks. I'm sure it's nothing but my physio guy wanted to make sure there's no tear and the ultrasound guy said once they see there's nothing they an treat it more aggressively.

I do have to admit I have had pain for about a year now. Just brushed it off because it was inconvenient. As we middle agers know it takes a little longer to heal now than when we were younger
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Did someone say coffee?

Ah, ok. Hope you get relief and there's nothing wrong with your shoulder.

I"m glad you weren't suffering from the therapeutic treatments. I'm just starting a course of treatments and really hoping for relief from chronic inflammation.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Did someone say coffee?

I"m glad you weren't suffering from the therapeutic treatments. I'm just starting a course of treatments and really hoping for relief from chronic inflammation.

The first time I injured a shoulder the ultrasound seemed to help so hopefully it will for you. I had laser on my foot to break up some inflammation maybe that's something to look into too?
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Did someone say coffee?

The first time I injured a shoulder the ultrasound seemed to help so hopefully it will for you. I had laser on my foot to break up some inflammation maybe that's something to look into too?

Hope so. I've had some laser while at PT, which helped a bit. This time we're trying a combination of graston work and ultrasound, followed by mobilization while the muscle is heated. Fingers crossed.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Did someone say coffee?

I do .. always drink coffee after I wake up but the rest of the day it's tea.
  • showjack70
    showjack70 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Did someone say coffee?

Same... Just finished a gree tea :)
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    showjack70 wrote: »
    Did someone say coffee?

Same... Just finished a gree tea :)

I love green tea. Once summer gets here I make a lot of iced lemon tea, its delicious.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Did someone say coffee?

Hope so. I've had some laser while at PT, which helped a bit. This time we're trying a combination of graston work and ultrasound, followed by mobilization while the muscle is heated. Fingers crossed.

I hope it fixes it that isn't a good part of the body to injure
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    ewhall46 wrote: »
    I'm counting down to 55 (9 months to go). My goal is "FIT AT 55". My diary is public, so complete transparency. :o Always open to feedback from community members. You're welcome to add me.

Here's my plan:

- Wk of 9/16: I'm building a "habit" of accurate logging (good or bad).
    - Wk of 9/23; Review / edit goals and commit to THREE changes (2/food and 1/exercise)
    - Wk of 10/7: Review activity and commit to TWO changes (1/food and 1/exercise)

Along the way, I hope to get some ideas and connect w/other community members.

Sound like you've got a great plan. You can do it!!
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    ewhall46 wrote: »
    I'm counting down to 55 (9 months to go). My goal is "FIT AT 55". My diary is public, so complete transparency. :o Always open to feedback from community members. You're welcome to add me.

Here's my plan:

- Wk of 9/16: I'm building a "habit" of accurate logging (good or bad).
    - Wk of 9/23; Review / edit goals and commit to THREE changes (2/food and 1/exercise)
    - Wk of 10/7: Review activity and commit to TWO changes (1/food and 1/exercise)

Along the way, I hope to get some ideas and connect w/other community members.

Sounds like a great plan!
  • Anna022119
    Options
    Happy Humpday folks!
  • Craig_King_1967
    Craig_King_1967 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone and welcome to the middle of the week !! :D
    Hope you all have a great one and keep watching your inputs and outputs.
    No workout for me today but a good rock gig tonight instead so more than likely going to be head banging, foot tapping and air guitar playing all night long which should more than make up for it.

>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)
  • Anna022119
    Options
    Enjoy!
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Good morning everyone and welcome to the middle of the week !! :D
    Hope you all have a great one and keep watching your inputs and outputs.
    No workout for me today but a good rock gig tonight instead so more than likely going to be head banging, foot tapping and air guitar playing all night long which should more than make up for it.

>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)

Sounds like you're going to have an awesome time.
  • dkjk1105
    dkjk1105 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    HHD peeps, make it a good one.
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Happy hump all you M agers. Let's get it done.